Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Prime Power Center with 10 outlets 2-port USB Charger and LED Work Light $24.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2019 1:28 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3206 posts
2517 upvotes
The NORTH
markopas wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 9:32 pm
You guys would have better luck subscribing to my Costco Clearance thread.
You are incorrect, I find megathreads useless as I don't want to crawl through 10's of posts a week to see something I may want. Individual posts of things I am interested in are my preference. Just because you like your megathread doesn't mean every one will.

And take the salt down a knotch buddy.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3890 posts
791 upvotes
Just come back from Costco Heartland. There are 20+ there for $24.97 each. I picked one up but put it back after because I don't think of any use for it. Don't need it for the garage and too ugly for use inside the house.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
1855 posts
6089 upvotes
kr0zet wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 5:16 pm
You are incorrect, I find megathreads useless as I don't want to crawl through 10's of posts a week to see something I may want. Individual posts of things I am interested in are my preference. Just because you like your megathread doesn't mean every one will.

And take the salt down a knotch buddy.
You seem kinda "salty" in your response and no I am not incorrect. My post had mentioned this item prior to both posters who posted the same thing at two different times while mine was posted first thing in the morning but I'm not bitter (sounds like you are though) and you might want double check your spelling and take it down a notch.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5414 posts
1168 upvotes
Calgary
markopas wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 11:52 pm
You seem kinda "salty" in your response and no I am not incorrect. My post had mentioned this item prior to both posters who posted the same thing at two different times while mine was posted first thing in the morning but I'm not bitter (sounds like you are though) and you might want double check your spelling and take it down a notch.
you're still dead set on having everybody know you were the first to post it, this isn't the olympics, you don't win a prize.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
1855 posts
6089 upvotes
T3rry wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 9:48 am
you're still dead set on having everybody know you were the first to post it, this isn't the olympics, you don't win a prize.
Then let's have the mods merge this post into mine since you feel that way.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
2188 posts
1257 upvotes
Toronto
markopas wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 12:41 pm

Man why do you care about your post so much?

Down vote this guy!
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Feb 22, 2018
24 posts
4 upvotes
BC
At least 20 in stock in Victoria yesterday and set it up today. It is really big, but I love the fact that it has so many power outlets....the lights are a nice bonus.
Good luck finding parking if your going tomorrow as they were closed today and will be closed Sunday.
2 x Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless and Fido Tablet Plan
Dec 21, 2012
359 posts
260 upvotes
Winnipeg
markopas wrote:
You're missing the point. A thread that says GTA, yes GTA Costco clearance I would not even look at because I don't live in the GTA area. This deal is apparently in other places besides the GTA so I appreciate the post. Had it only been on your thread then anyone who doesn't live in the GTA are would have missed this sale. There are other places on earth besides the GTA, and we appreciate the individual posts that aren't labelled GTA only. There did I say GTA enough for you?
Mar 12, 2017
751 posts
1914 upvotes
markopas wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 9:32 pm
You guys would have better luck subscribing to my Costco Clearance thread.
Completely disagree. I was subscribed to that thread for a month, and with the constant useless (majority of the time) post notifications, I found myself wasting way too much time. I don't want a notification every time someone posts a comment which was happening 90% of the time. Then when a post with deals/pictures is made, I have to filter through many images, most of which are repeated by multiple members from multiple locations (like that Dyson vacuum). I'd rather find a hot clearance items in individual threads like this to bring them to my attention, and I can do my own research and see if my local store has inventory.

Appreciate the effort of your thread, but understand it's not the be all and end all of Costco deals and posts. It's not for everyone.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
6204 posts
32127 upvotes
T3rry wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 9:48 am
markopas wrote:
That’s not true. I posted first in my Costco thread!

I’m the FIRST ONE!!! Not him! :)
Cellphones: Rogers, Telus, Koodo, Freedom, Public Mobile Special Deals

Shaw Internet 300 = $50/month + $250 credits
Telus Internet 150 = $55/months + $400 credits + Pik tv
Sep 4, 2007
876 posts
262 upvotes
Theres a skid full at Costco Vaughan when I went on Thursday picked one up.
Mar 6, 2019
58 posts
49 upvotes
I walked by this the other day. Even though the sale price is pretty tantalizing, this was clearly designed and packaged to appeal to the novice DIY handyman crowd who might get sucked into thinking this is a genuine, rugged commercial grade product which one could run a whole workshop off of based on it's over the top, almost cartoonish appearance. At the end of the day this is really only a basic 10 outlet power bar which is very limited in where it can be put to good use due to size, design etc while at the same time lacking the capacity to run even a single med to large power tool or the necessary surge protection (no joule rating mentioned) for one to want to even consider using this to plug in a slew of expensive and critical electronic components as shown in the product photos.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
11616 posts
1215 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Novawest2019 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 11:16 am
I walked by this the other day. Even though the sale price is pretty tantalizing, this was clearly designed and packaged to appeal to the novice DIY handyman crowd who might get sucked into thinking this is a genuine, rugged commercial grade product which one could run a whole workshop off of based on it's over the top, almost cartoonish appearance. At the end of the day this is really only a basic 10 outlet power bar which is very limited in where it can be put to good use due to size, design etc while at the same time lacking the capacity to run even a single med to large power tool or the necessary surge protection (no joule rating mentioned) for one to want to even consider using this to plug in a slew of expensive and critical electronic components as shown in the product photos.
Guess Im a Novice handyman then. I find it extremely useful, since its mounted right above my work bench for the lights which I use as well. In fact thats why I bought it. Its clean and mounted and will never move. Its within arms reach to plug things in and out, The outlets are spaced out enough for power bricks for trickle charge stuff and to still use for whatever

As for critical electronic components, I dont think guys in their garage are plugging in those sort of things. They are using it as random power when needed.

I really think people over think this sort of stuff. Buy it , or not. Its your opinion, its not right or wrong

Ive had mine for a couple years now, since its mounted. Never an issue, always works for what I need, and the lights are great for lighting up stuff on the bench
Mar 6, 2019
58 posts
49 upvotes
WikkiWikki wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 11:56 am
Guess Im a Novice handyman then. I find it extremely useful, since its mounted right above my work bench for the lights which I use as well. In fact thats why I bought it. Its clean and mounted and will never move. Its within arms reach to plug things in and out, The outlets are spaced out enough for power bricks for trickle charge stuff and to still use for whatever

As for critical electronic components, I dont think guys in their garage are plugging in those sort of things. They are using it as random power when needed.

I really think people over think this sort of stuff. Buy it , or not. Its your opinion, its not right or wrong

Ive had mine for a couple years now, since its mounted. Never an issue, always works for what I need, and the lights are great for lighting up stuff on the bench
I might have come across the wrong way. My bad. main point was that I believe this item is deceptively packaged/marketed as being something that it is not. It looks high end, industrial but is really only a standard power bar based on its specs much like what you see with low end, run of the mill appliances dressed up as "commercial" grade with stainless steel finish, chunky knobs etc. that are really only there for cosmetic appeal only. I would also assume this item provides little to no surge protection as no details given and that in my mind is a deal breaker. Costco also sells a 100ft extension cord (by same brand) for around $40-45 that is marketed as heavy duty, but is in fact a piece of garbage. https://i.imgur.com/Krlhdqxh.jpg At Home Depot a comparable (spec wise) product would sell for double or triple this. Anyway without really thinking, I purchased one of these for my mom but had to return it right away. When using it outside, I had it wrapped around the corner of concrete foundation and orange casing tore right open without even having to tug on it that hard and I could then proceed to peel it open with ease by hand just like I was removing old electrical tape. WTF? At end of day, I have decided to steer clear of these too good to be true products from this manufacturer.