Expired Hot Deals

[Prime Video] STACKTV $12.99 12 Channels (Food Network, HGTV, YTV, TREEHOUSE, ETC) 1 Month Free on Prime Video

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2019 12:57 am
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4099 posts
360 upvotes
Markham, ON
death_hawk wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 6:07 pm
I was considering signing up but haven't yet.
I think you may have sealed the deal.
Time to see if I can roll my own smartdns....
I think they still have 79% off the service for 2 years. - https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/sdppromo/Discount-79
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
22453 posts
8230 upvotes
pmcd wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 11:35 pm

Well, far be it for me to judge but just because you find the legal options not to your liking doesn't entitle you to grab whichever option is.
Lack of options/access is the biggest source of piracy.
I used to pirate games like nobody's business. Nowadays I have 1500+ titles on Steam.
I'm fully willing to pay for content if it's sane and accessible.

Cable isn't (sane).

Yes it's illegal, but it should be criminal to charge what they charge for TV.

Hell I maintain a Netflix subscription I barely ever use because I support the idea behind what they do.
yhap2003 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 10:43 am

I think they still have 79% off the service for 2 years. - https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/sdppromo/Discount-79
I have no idea how they do math.
Regular price is $50 for 2 years but I'm getting $25 for 2 years with that link.

I still might roll my own to see if it works because I've always wanted one and have the infrastructure already to do it.
Otherwise $1/month would probably be acceptable to me.
Aug 15, 2009
315 posts
155 upvotes
Montreal
JustBob wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 9:12 pm
I tried a bunch of IPTV services and they always seem to be missing something I want and the PQ is often barely average. I ended up switching from Videotron to Ebox (I had already switched to Ebox internet a while back) and I chose:

$19.95 for the basic package
$12.95 for 10 channels (including TSN, NFL Network, Sportsnet)
+ $4 for Sportsnet (which I'm about to dump because they have nothing I watch (tennis, NFL, soccer))

I'm only missing the Tennis Channel. But TVA Sports shows the WTA so I'm gonna ditch Sportsnet and get that (+$3 instead of $4). And I could have chosen HGTV, Food,... as part of my 10 channels, and they carry no extra charge.

I don't know about other provinces but if you have to pay $60 to get basic + TSN and Sportsnet, that's darn expensive.
Worth mentioning :

You need EBOX Internet with unlimited data to get EBOX TV.
If you already have an Android box compatible or Sony Android TV, you don't need to rent/buy the box. Install the EBOX app and you're good to go.
If you don't own an Android box or Sony Android TV, you either rent the box at 4.95$/month or buy at full price 149.95$. All applicable taxes not included..

I rented the box 4.95$ + the basic package 19.95$. I don't even watch it. 90% of the time it's off. It's my girlfriend and 8 months old daughter who watches.
Jun 17, 2019
1 posts
I already have Amazon Prime, so thought I'd give StackTV a try with the 30 day trial. It's pretty useless and confusing. Most of the on demand series have only one season. Why would I want to start watching something in season 3? If I want to watch current network shows like Survivor will I be able to watch at a later time, or is that just available live?

There is virtually no information on StackTV if you google. I contacted Corus through the email at the bottom of the article on their website about stacktv to get more info. They said to contact Amazon...guess who Amazon said I need to contact?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16935 posts
23263 upvotes
ONTARIO
I've been going through the trials for these new amazon channels one at a time. Last month I signed up for the 30 day trial to hayu and then immediately cancelled it so it wouldn't auto renew.
That one is over now so a few days ago I signed up for the StackTV trial. In a month I will try one of the other trials next.

The live TV portion of StackTV is kind of cool. It plays flawlessly in HD without buffering. I am a little annoyed that there seems to be commercials for their on demand stuff as well though. So far it seems to be commercials advertising their own TV shows only, but still. If I am paying $12.99 for this, I would hate to have constant interruptions while watching the on demand stuff.

@suebeecee For shows like Survivor you can do both. You can tune into the Global channel while it's on the air to watch it live, or go to the Global section and browse Survivor from there. That will be the on demand section. It currently has all episodes of the latest season that you can watch whenever you want.

It seems the very top line in the Stack TV is their live section of each of the included channels and anything below is on demand stuff for the individual channels.
I doubt I'd pay regular price for this, but it's nice to be able to access all this content from one app. Not to mention playing in full HD with no buffering is a huge plus. I plan to really test it out during my trial period.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16935 posts
23263 upvotes
ONTARIO
Kherani wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 4:06 pm
Do I have to remember to cancel the trial?
After signing up, you can immediately go to primevideo.com and then go to your profile settings. It will show you your currently subscribed channels. You can cancel from there and continue to use the trial for the rest of the month without worrying about remembering to cancel if you don't like it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3154 posts
2788 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 9:43 pm
I've been going through the trials for these new amazon channels one at a time. Last month I signed up for the 30 day trial to hayu and then immediately cancelled it so it wouldn't auto renew.
That one is over now so a few days ago I signed up for the StackTV trial. In a month I will try one of the other trials next.

The live TV portion of StackTV is kind of cool. It plays flawlessly in HD without buffering. I am a little annoyed that there seems to be commercials for their on demand stuff as well though. So far it seems to be commercials advertising their own TV shows only, but still. If I am paying $12.99 for this, I would hate to have constant interruptions while watching the on demand stuff.

@suebeecee For shows like Survivor you can do both. You can tune into the Global channel while it's on the air to watch it live, or go to the Global section and browse Survivor from there. That will be the on demand section. It currently has all episodes of the latest season that you can watch whenever you want.

It seems the very top line in the Stack TV is their live section of each of the included channels and anything below is on demand stuff for the individual channels.
I doubt I'd pay regular price for this, but it's nice to be able to access all this content from one app. Not to mention playing in full HD with no buffering is a huge plus. I plan to really test it out during my trial period.
did it have global news?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16935 posts
23263 upvotes
ONTARIO
Nexzen wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 9:34 pm
did it have global news?
I see Global News BC as one of the live channels available. Also Global Calgary and Global Edmonton.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2009
1364 posts
328 upvotes
Nexzen wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 9:34 pm
did it have global news?
Yes it does for multiple regions (BC, Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto) . Global News is actually what I like most tbh. I missed being able to throw on the news in the mornings and evenings like I used to on cable. $12.99 is a bit pricey for me but almost worth it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3154 posts
2788 upvotes
Toronto
PunPryde wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 9:40 pm
Yes it does for multiple regions (BC, Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto) . Global News is actually what I like most tbh. I missed being able to throw on the news in the mornings and evenings like I used to on cable. $12.99 is a bit pricey for me but almost worth it.
nicee that sorta saves not having cp24 lol