Expired Hot Deals

[Prime Video] STACKTV $12.99 12 Channels (Food Network, HGTV, YTV, TREEHOUSE, ETC) 1 Month Free on Prime Video

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2019 12:57 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7129 posts
1666 upvotes
Thanks! I cancelled my fibe tv subscription last month and miss having HGTV. This will be much cheaper than what I used to pay for bell.
Aug 31, 2014
373 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sprung wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 8:29 am
streaming service
Mix of both actually. Looks like some of the 'channels' offer on-demand or live broadcast.
Jun 13, 2008
771 posts
95 upvotes
johnlock wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 4:30 am
W A C K

NO ESPN WTF??Face With Tears Of Joy
ESPN is no longer a sports focused channel...

DAZN is offering NFL/MLB/Boxing/Soccer for $20/month or $150/year.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
5958 posts
664 upvotes
LNahid2000 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 8:28 am
Thanks! I cancelled my fibe tv subscription last month and miss having HGTV. This will be much cheaper than what I used to pay for bell.
Me too, but I'm now watching HGTV on the website. They have full episodes on hgtv.ca. All free but you have to watch a bit of commercial, not a big deal. Also, the shows are actually available one day after it was aired.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2006
1098 posts
274 upvotes
KW
Sorry, I don't pay for subscription services with commercials in them, and I recommend you do the same.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3734 posts
1283 upvotes
Montreal
pny128 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 8:17 am
So is this an actual cable TV or yet another streaming service?
What is your definition of cable TV?
Apr 12, 2008
849 posts
214 upvotes
madpacket wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 9:01 am
Sorry, I don't pay for subscription services with commercials in them, and I recommend you do the same.
I was just going to say the same thing.. they should be offering it for free if it contains commercials. Or if we pay, then have it commercial-free.
Apr 12, 2008
849 posts
214 upvotes
pny128 wrote:
I didn't read the details, but I would assume you're using your internet connection to "stream" the content that you'd see on regular cable TV.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2009
1139 posts
281 upvotes
The negativity here is outstanding, anything that can cause distress for the current TV monopoly is great
Jan 21, 2018
635 posts
505 upvotes
Vancouver
pny128 wrote:
It's an additional streaming service offered to Amazon Prime subscribers. You have to pay for an Amazon Prime subscription, and then pay a monthly fee per channel for each channel you subscribe to. Right now it's limited to a dozen channels all provided by Corus, a mix of live and on-demand. You need a device or box that supports Amazon Prime video.

Right now it's a very cold deal. Marginally warmer (like from parka to heavy sweater) if you already subscribe to Amazon Prime and you only want a few channels. Possibly to get better in the future if Amazon adds way more channels like they have in the U.S., and offers package deals on the monthly fees.
Jan 24, 2008
35 posts
53 upvotes
Scote64 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 9:40 am
It's an additional streaming service offered to Amazon Prime subscribers. You have to pay for an Amazon Prime subscription, and then pay a monthly fee per channel for each channel you subscribe to. Right now it's limited to a dozen channels all provided by Corus, a mix of live and on-demand. You need a device or box that supports Amazon Prime video.

Right now it's a very cold deal. Marginally warmer (like from parka to heavy sweater) if you already subscribe to Amazon Prime and you only want a few channels. Possibly to get better in the future if Amazon adds way more channels like they have in the U.S., and offers package deals on the monthly fees.
It's not on fire but I'd say it's pretty hot situationally. I've already got Prime, and for the summer months don't needs sports, news, I don't get from the TV anyways, and our usually go to's are Food Network and HGTV and the kids channels.. so really this covers a lot of bases.. you could sign up for this for summer months and go back to your greedy cable provider on promotion as a "new customer" whenever you felt the need if ever.. augment with a streaming sports pack or two and you might be set instead.. sometimes it's nice to just throw something on in the background without having to actively select it, especially with the kiddos..
Apr 17, 2006
122 posts
148 upvotes
30 Days is enough to catch up on Rick and Morty season 3 . Free is a great deal.... doubt i will keep at 12.99 though. 6.99 maybe...
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1208 posts
780 upvotes
pass. basic cable with Shaw is $25 a month and it gives you tsn and sportsnet. bought a refurbished HD box from visions for $40. good to go. added in Netflix and for less then $40 a month I'm set.