Expired Hot Deals

[Prime Video] STACKTV $12.99 12 Channels (Food Network, HGTV, YTV, TREEHOUSE, ETC) 1 Month Free on Prime Video

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2019 12:57 am
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2009
1139 posts
281 upvotes
The UI is actually pretty nice for StackTV, VoD for each channel in rows with LiveTV at the bottom.

Some shows have full seasons, but the ones that did not seem to at least have all episodes of the current season.

Not a lot of time to check this out atm,at work (also no clue why the firewall is not blocking it lol)
Sep 26, 2013
91 posts
33 upvotes
Winnipeg
How is the quality? I assume 720p?
For people who are already Prime members, this could be enticing. They got some pretty popular channels listed there.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11751 posts
5822 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I can't even get into Prime Video content, they have to beef up these StackTV channels, and Disney is supposedly coming out for less, they're gonna give NF a run for the money especially with parents.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
2413 posts
1634 upvotes
Not a hot deal but interesting info. thx OP
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1384 posts
389 upvotes
Markham
Not a bad deal given I would only want food network and hgtv. tho $12.99 is a bit steep imo...
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11760 posts
21668 upvotes
Scarborough
lildevilx wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 10:31 am
Not a bad deal given I would only want food network and hgtv. tho $12.99 is a bit steep imo...
Really depends on personal preference in your household. We often watch 9 out of the 12 channels so getting that for $12.99 a month isn't bad in my opinion. We're unlikely to have cable past October so I might subscribe then.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2009
1139 posts
281 upvotes
TomRFD wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 10:35 am
Really depends on personal preference in your household. We often watch 9 out of the 12 channels so getting that for $12.99 a month isn't bad in my opinion. We're unlikely to have cable past October so I might subscribe then.
There is a 30 day free trial atm, but if it is like other Amazon services then it will probably be offered in Oct as well
Jul 24, 2013
102 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
is there a way they'll get cp24? I've been looking for an iptv service containing just cp24 bec thats what the folks at home just watch.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2009
1139 posts
281 upvotes
lynxstormcat wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 10:59 am
is there a way they'll get cp24? I've been looking for an iptv service containing just cp24 bec thats what the folks at home just watch.
Looked it up and it is owned by Bell, so I would confidently say no chance at all of this happening
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12885 posts
3519 upvotes
Toronto
Nexzen wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 1:16 am
i'm sure bell and rogers will make their life difficult but i'm glad we have new competition.
They have been whining about Netflix / streaming for years, using the excuse of "protecting Canadian culture" (protecting their monopoly).

Expect the whining to the CRTC to intensify as Bell / Rogers are deathly afraid of cord cutters.

The only reason why Crave / HBO is available to everyone is that the CRTC forced it.
Aug 6, 2012
212 posts
64 upvotes
TORONTO
lildevilx wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 10:31 am
Also looking at just those channels. The cheapest official way to get them until now was basic cable for $25 plus $7 for Food and $7 for HGTV. Those 2 alone are $14 on top of an expensive base package, coming to $44/month which is way too much to watch 2 channels.

Used to use IPTV to get them and more for $8 a month.

Might consider this as it should total around $20 depending on how they apply tax, but even that is steep for 2 channels that the family really cares about.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12885 posts
3519 upvotes
Toronto
Scote64 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 9:40 am
It's an additional streaming service offered to Amazon Prime subscribers. You have to pay for an Amazon Prime subscription, and then pay a monthly fee per channel for each channel you subscribe to. Right now it's limited to a dozen channels all provided by Corus, a mix of live and on-demand. You need a device or box that supports Amazon Prime video.

Right now it's a very cold deal. Marginally warmer (like from parka to heavy sweater) if you already subscribe to Amazon Prime and you only want a few channels. Possibly to get better in the future if Amazon adds way more channels like they have in the U.S., and offers package deals on the monthly fees.
Yup, this would be more interesting if ALL the channels mentioned in the OP were included, and the cost was $19.99 a month. I'm glad to have an additional competitor though to kick Bell and Rogers in the head like they richly deserve.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12885 posts
3519 upvotes
Toronto
Spawk1028 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 6:22 am
I dont see them doing that anytime soon. Bell and Rogers would never allow it. They would lose 50% of their customer base in the span of 6 months. I for one would be all over it like a fat kid on a smartie
Yup, sports are the last remaining reason for anyone to subscribe to cable TV these days, so Bell and Rogers will try to maintain a death grip on sports content.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12885 posts
3519 upvotes
Toronto
bpcrally wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 5:36 am
Amazon needs to hurry up and make their video services compatible with Chromecast. I read an article that it's coming, but no eta.
Amazon video service will never be a good experience on a Chromecast. The two companies are in a to-the-death competition.

Just buy a 4K fire stick , often on sale for 55 bucks and you get a remote included. You can also use a game console.
May 7, 2015
32 posts
13 upvotes
Edmonton
Maybe I'm just being dense, but where the F is the live TV? I got the trial, and I can see all the VOD using the web interface. But, I can't for the life of me find the live tv!