Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Prime Video

STACKTV $12.99 12 Channels (Food Network, HGTV, YTV, TREEHOUSE, ETC) 1 Month Free on Prime Video

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2019 7:38 am
Jun 4, 2019
17 posts
31 upvotes
Wait there is a PikTV APK? Would you be able to send a link?
Feb 13, 2007
270 posts
55 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: Yup, sports are the last remaining reason for anyone to subscribe to cable TV these days, so Bell and Rogers will try to maintain a death grip on sports content.
Except both Bell and Rogers are getting very stupid even when it comes to their sports properties:
  • Dropping the Premier League to DAZN
  • Rogers putting Indycar on Sportsnet World

Just to name two bonehead plays

NefCanuck
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4350 posts
612 upvotes
Markham, ON
At first I thought it was included with prime video but it’s just a trial....

I had DirectTV now but they keep jacking up the price every 6 months. Getting stupid expensive now.
I’m currently using Philo on my fireTV with smartdns service. Love it. I’m grandfathered into their $16USD plan. Gives me a bit over 40 channels but their $20USD plan gives 60+ channels.

I really like their DVR feature, it records all seasons and episodes of the shows you “save”. I think I prefer the US programming now, the ads are more fun to watch :)

Their app is available on iOS, Android, fireTV, Apple TV and a lot more streaming devices. Best of all they don’t require location service to be on like directTV now so I can watch live tv via vpn as well when I’m not at home.

I’m only able to get this because I have an American friend. We split the cost 50/50. May be worth looking into if you have an American friend.
Sep 27, 2012
62 posts
54 upvotes
Ottawa
Tijuana wrote: How many devices can you watch on at the same time?
Three streams per Prime Video account, two streams of the same video at one time.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1363 posts
336 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
karnige wrote: pass. basic cable with Shaw is $25 a month and it gives you tsn and sportsnet. bought a refurbished HD box from visions for $40. good to go. added in Netflix and for less then $40 a month I'm set.
If this was an actual available deal, I would be on it in a minute. It's not of course, to get it you would need the Shaw "Small TV" package for $60 month.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135826 upvotes
888888 upvotes
telus gave these for free for their pik tv channel app
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2923 posts
2340 upvotes
NefCanuck wrote:
  • Rogers putting Indycar on Sportsnet World

Just to name two bonehead plays

NefCanuck
That to me was the biggest boneheaded(or show of insatiable greed) move of all time. How many people would spend roughly $20 a month on a soccer/rugby channel? for 9 indycar races? Viewership no doubt will decrease in Canada. I wonder how Indycar will take that?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
D0ntgiveajack wrote: If you're with Bell internet, you can get Fibe Alt TV for 14.95/m and you get all those networks. You also get Crave with it as well.
Isn’t Crave $10 on top of that ( more if you want movies)?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2923 posts
2340 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: telus gave these for free for their pik tv channel app
The only problem, PikTV uses flash if you want to watch it on your browser. Time for Telus to join the present. Yeesh!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1838 posts
2039 upvotes
pmcd wrote: Isn’t Crave $10 on top of that ( more if you want movies)?
I currently have Alt TV basic (14.95) and crave is included in my services. If you want movies + HBO then it's $10

https://www.bell.ca/Fibe-Alt-TV

Under the basic Alt TV package, youll see the Crave logo.

Caution: if you sign up and they offer you movie packages for 2 months free, you can't cancel Alt TV before the 2 month movie trial ends without getting a "clawback" for the free promos. It's so stupid.
Wallet safe...
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15769 posts
11167 upvotes
I signed up for the free trial of STACKTV last night and watched some History channel shows. It worked great. I think it is decent value and I may just keep it after the trial, as I can't see me keeping CRAVE any longer. It isn't worth it to me now that GOT is over. I may just get a month here and there to binge watch some shows after they are all aired ( westword, etc ).

The reason I like STACKTV so far, is that what i have missed most since going OTA, is History, HGTV and Food. All of which this has.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
D0ntgiveajack wrote: I currently have Alt TV basic (14.95) and crave is included in my services. If you want movies + HBO then it's $10

https://www.bell.ca/Fibe-Alt-TV

Under the basic Alt TV package, youll see the Crave logo.

Caution: if you sign up and they offer you movie packages for 2 months free, you can't cancel Alt TV before the 2 month movie trial ends without getting a "clawback" for the free promos. It's so stupid.
Is that an ongoing price? That is, Alt tv with Crave for $14.95? Or is it just for a year? If it’s ongoing then that’s quite good. I have Fibe TV, but the free movies+HBO ends after the first year. Was thinking of switching to Alt tv at that point.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
fulladdict wrote: Get an iptv box
No guide, unreliable and probably illegal.
Dec 27, 2017
739 posts
427 upvotes
Here in the East with Eastlink and Bell duopoly, cord-cutting just doesn't seem to be worth it. Internet-only plan costs 2/3 or 3/4 of their "bundle" costs, so saving 30-40/month only to pay a portion of it back for another service does not make sense in the Maritimes.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1838 posts
2039 upvotes
pmcd wrote: Is that an ongoing price? That is, Alt tv with Crave for $14.95? Or is it just for a year? If it’s ongoing then that’s quite good. I have Fibe TV, but the free movies+HBO ends after the first year. Was thinking of switching to Alt tv at that point.
Yup ongoing. No contract either.

But remember, if they give you a 2 month trial of movie channels and you try to cancel Alt Tv or the movie trials before they end, they will "clawback" the trial credits. So if you just want to try Alt TV for a few days and are likely to cancel within the first month, don't agree to any movie trials. Otherwise, you'll have to ride out the trials till they end (and pay for Alt TV until they end)
Wallet safe...
Oct 22, 2009
58 posts
42 upvotes
funt3k wrote: Maybe I'm just being dense, but where the F is the live TV? I got the trial, and I can see all the VOD using the web interface. But, I can't for the life of me find the live tv!
I don't see the Live Channels on my Fire TV Cube, but do see them on my Fire (Tablet).

If you are having issues with Fire TV Cube as well, I suspect it might be due to the fact that we still cannot change the location for a Fire TV Cube to a Canadian postal code.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
D0ntgiveajack wrote: Yup ongoing. No contract either.

But remember, if they give you a 2 month trial of movie channels and you try to cancel Alt Tv or the movie trials before they end, they will "clawback" the trial credits. So if you just want to try Alt TV for a few days and are likely to cancel within the first month, don't agree to any movie trials. Otherwise, you'll have to ride out the trials till they end (and pay for Alt TV until they end)
Alt TV is exactly what I want. Unfortunately, I am no longer a new Bell member. Have gigabit+Fibe TV at a good price, but it's not ongoing. They threw in Crave+Free movies until December ( so a year). Not sure who to call. I don't mind giving up the free pvr, free movies... in order to get alt TV and internet at an ongoing price. I really dislike this renegotiation ever year or two...
May 24, 2007
715 posts
882 upvotes
Kelowna
Empero12 wrote: Wait there is a PikTV APK? Would you be able to send a link?
The PikTV apk link was in my original post. They talk about how to sideload it here and the actual link to the PikTV apk that works on most Android boxes is here.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
I just posted about this in the nvidia shield thread, not realizing there's a thread here already lol. Happened to open my prime video app and noticed the channels at the top. Thought I was in the US app.

I probably won't subscribe to any of these channels, but it's nice to see amazon finally add channels to prime video (canada). The US amazon video app has had a plethora of subscription channels you can subscribe to for quite a while.