Expired Hot Deals

[primecables.ca] A19 Dimmable LED Bulb 6W 45W Equivalent E26 3000K Warm White - 40 pack $26.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2018 1:45 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
6383 posts
1167 upvotes
Peterborough, Ontari…

A19 Dimmable LED Bulb 6W 45W Equivalent E26 3000K Warm White - 40 pack $26.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
primecables.ca
A19 Dimmable LED Bulb 6W 45W Equivalent E26 3000K Warm White 500 Lumens Indoor/Outdoor - 40/Pack(40 Bulbs)

Best price per bulb I have ever seen.
There is also currently free shipping for 24 hours until 10:00am, Feb 7th 2018 Eastern
14 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
29119 posts
9626 upvotes
Seems a little dim though no? 45W equivalent/500 lumens--does anyone use bulbs that dim?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
6383 posts
1167 upvotes
Peterborough, Ontari…
I just bought a set of 6 A19 "40 Watt equivalents" at Rona yesterday for $2.00 each which I thought were a very good price and those were non-dimmable ones.
They were rated 450 lumens and are more than bright enough where I use them.

Somehow I find the LED bulbs brighter than the incandescents even if the lumens are the same or even less.

You can always go to Dollarama and buy one "40 Watt equivalent" for $3.00 and see if they are bright enough for you or not.
Then decide.
Apr 14, 2004
202 posts
132 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Not seeing anything about free shipping... Is there a promo code or something that has to be entered?

EDIT: Found it - use pclivingfs24 to get the free shipping applied to your order
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
6383 posts
1167 upvotes
Peterborough, Ontari…
soupmaster666 wrote: I bought two of the RayonLED non-dimmable A19 six pack on Boxing Day for $5 each. Awesome deal, right?

No. I had to switch back to the original CFLs and finally just put the replacement LED bulbs in yesterday. This time I smartened up and bought Philips (but GE is great too!)

The bulbs I received (all 12) had a nearly visible flicker/strobe. Any movement at all in the room, and you could see it. For example, waving your hand or something thin like a piece of string would show several distinct hands or strings, just like a strobe light.

Just being in a room lit by those bulbs made me tired, made my eyes hurt, and made me feel physically ill. It took a month to notice a trend and figure out what was going on. Hopefully these dimmable ones are better because I don't wish it on anyone.
I don't have any of these RayonLED bulbs, but I have noticed strange behaviour with some other makes.
A lot of them don't work well when used in fixtures that have some non-mechanical on/off switch. They flash or flicker - in one case the LED bulb is fine for days and then suddenly starts to flash at a fairly slow rate for a few minutes and then stops and works fine for days.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1627 posts
601 upvotes
Markham
ES_Revenge wrote: Seems a little dim though no? 45W equivalent/500 lumens--does anyone use bulbs that dim?
i find 45W an odd one... i usually see 40 or 60... and i find 40 too dim and usually go with the 60... been hard debating if i should give this a try tho
Oct 13, 2016
333 posts
458 upvotes
primecables.ca had the same deal about a week ago
Bought 40 x LED Bulb when the last deal was on, pretty happy with the purchase so far
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
6383 posts
1167 upvotes
Peterborough, Ontari…
lildevilx wrote: i find 45W an odd one... i usually see 40 or 60... and i find 40 too dim and usually go with the 60... been hard debating if i should give this a try tho
I found it odd too, but I think they are just working back from the lumens.
A 40 watt incandescent bulb was typically 450 lumens, so 500 lumens more or less equates to a 45 watt incandescent bulb.

But remember that with the old bulbs the wattage indicated the power it took to run it, not the brightness.
I have had 40 watt incandescent bulbs that seem brighter than some 60 watt incandescent bulbs.

I would actually worry more about the flicker of the non-dimmable ones that was mentioned.

One option would be to just by two bulbs which was an option on the website and get free shipping on that and try them out.
You would miss the special free shipping offer, but if you like them and they are bright enough, then buy the lot and maybe add a few other items to get the total over $49.- to get free shipping that way later. Or wait for another "24 hour" free shipping event.
From what I remember the price of these bulbs in 40 quantity is good for quite a while - they may just run out of stock.

PS: I have bought from primecables a few times - quality of the products so far has been quite good, actually excellent for the price.
Had an issue once where they forgot to include a small item in the shipment - got a credit without any hassle which I applied on my next order.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
6383 posts
1167 upvotes
Peterborough, Ontari…
LenXons wrote: primecables.ca had the same deal about a week ago
Bought 40 x LED Bulb when the last deal was on, pretty happy with the purchase so far
What about brightness and flicker?
Can you compare the brightness to existing 40 and 60 watt incandescents?
Jul 10, 2006
427 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
are these CSA approved? If not, then insurance may not cover it if a fire breaks out due to this.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
6383 posts
1167 upvotes
Peterborough, Ontari…
It says: cUL US Listed E481985

Whatever that means
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1627 posts
601 upvotes
Markham
krs wrote: I found it odd too, but I think they are just working back from the lumens.
A 40 watt incandescent bulb was typically 450 lumens, so 500 lumens more or less equates to a 45 watt incandescent bulb.

But remember that with the old bulbs the wattage indicated the power it took to run it, not the brightness.
I have had 40 watt incandescent bulbs that seem brighter than some 60 watt incandescent bulbs.

I would actually worry more about the flicker of the non-dimmable ones that was mentioned.

One option would be to just by two bulbs which was an option on the website and get free shipping on that and try them out.
You would miss the special free shipping offer, but if you like them and they are bright enough, then buy the lot and maybe add a few other items to get the total over $49.- to get free shipping that way later. Or wait for another "24 hour" free shipping event.
From what I remember the price of these bulbs in 40 quantity is good for quite a while - they may just run out of stock.

PS: I have bought from primecables a few times - quality of the products so far has been quite good, actually excellent for the price.
Had an issue once where they forgot to include a small item in the shipment - got a credit without any hassle which I applied on my next order.
yeah... i kinda figured... and just went ahead an ordered it anyways... needed some new bulbs anyways.
pocket1 wrote: are these CSA approved? If not, then insurance may not cover it if a fire breaks out due to this.
in case of fire, good luck finding that they are not CSA approved :)
anyways cUL will be as good as CSA approval. both known and acceptable approval markings for these sort of items.
Aug 8, 2006
477 posts
147 upvotes
these look like older generation lamps ... probably trying to clear old decrepit stock at 67c/bulb ... :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
6383 posts
1167 upvotes
Peterborough, Ontari…
phez wrote: these look like older generation lamps ... probably trying to clear old decrepit stock at 67c/bulb ... :)
What exactly do you mean by "older generation"?

They draw 6 watts which for a dimmable 500 lumen bulb is very good.
CRI is not specified, but the brand new ones I bought at Rona have CRI specified as >75 which is essentially not specifying it at all.
Can't imagine any LED bulb to be less than 75

I don't see anything that would qualify them as "older generation" - the biggest difference of LED bulbs I bought 4 or 5 years ago is that those bulbs were not as efficient.
I just checked a Luminus bolb from a few years back - it is rated at 7 watts for 450 lumens and it was non-dimmable; dimmable bulbs always take more power for the same light output than the equivalent ones (same manufacturer, same generation) that are not dimmable.
Apr 24, 2010
756 posts
418 upvotes
Canada
krs wrote: It says: cUL US Listed E481985

Whatever that means
It meant the bulb was certified by UL for in accordance with Canada and US safety standards.