Expired Hot Deals

[Primecables.ca] Primecables Sitewide 24h Free Shipping on all orders. - Full Motion TV Mount for 26"-55" TVs $19.99 FS.

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2018 7:19 pm
[OP]
Banned
Oct 13, 2015
1245 posts
826 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC

Primecables Sitewide 24h Free Shipping on all orders. - Full Motion TV Mount for 26"-55" TVs $19.99 FS.

Deal Link:
Price:
$19.99
Savings:
35%
Expiry:
January 13, 2018
Retailer:
Primecables.ca
PrimeCables® Full Motion Articulating TV mount for 26"-55" TVs. Max Load : up to 77 lbs/ 35 kg.
On sale $19.99 + FS + 2.5% CB at Ebates

PrimeCables Sitewide 24h FREE SHIPPING on any order
FS Code: PCFS24. Deal Expires 10:00 AM Jan 13th.
27 replies
Dec 14, 2011
27 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
i feel very uncomfortable mounting a 55" tv into 1 stud.

my 2 cents.
Jun 23, 2005
347 posts
181 upvotes
Hamilton
If you could see the stud, and centered a couple big lag bolts into it, I feel like it would be plenty strong enough. However, making sure it's in the middle would be tricky through drywall.
❗
Sep 15, 2012
741 posts
164 upvotes
bv
ginollave wrote: i feel very uncomfortable mounting a 55" tv into 1 stud.

my 2 cents.
2 - 3/8" lag bolts with this style mount is plenty to support a 55".. nothing to worry about unless you really don't know what your doing. Once mount is installed- grab it with your hands and give it some solid down force tugs. If the wall mount is sturdy and good the TV will certainly last on there.
Nov 11, 2003
473 posts
330 upvotes
Vancouver
k7 avenger wrote: If you could see the stud, and centered a couple big lag bolts into it, I feel like it would be plenty strong enough. However, making sure it's in the middle would be tricky through drywall.

Finding the middle of the stud isnt that hard. Once the stud is located, tap a small finishing nail to find the edges. Studs are typically 1.5” wide, so install the lag bolt 3/4” from th edge. I usually pre-drill the hole to avoid cracking the stud and losing all strength. And make sure you drill/bolt straight !

Edit : correcting my drunk punctuation ?
Last edited by dsorgiovanni on Jan 12th, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 14, 2011
27 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
the finishing nail trick is a good advice and a nice physical way to check the studs. ill keep that in mind
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1221 posts
576 upvotes
iPonik wrote: 2 - 3/8" lag bolts with this style mount is plenty to support a 55".. nothing to worry about unless you really don't know what your doing. Once mount is installed- grab it with your hands and give it some solid down force tugs. If the wall mount is sturdy and good the TV will certainly last on there.
Just to add to this, extend the mount before putting pressure on it, as 77lbs against the wall is much less force than 77lbs on the end of a 16" lever.
Dec 28, 2005
510 posts
111 upvotes
Near VanCity
Thanks OP! Ordered one.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3388 posts
3600 upvotes
Is the brand good? 8 reviews have 5/5
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
May 26, 2012
121 posts
114 upvotes
Edmonton

my 2 cents.
use a studfinder, also if you feel uncomfortable mounting a TV into a 1" stud you should be really uncomfortable that the 1" stud is not only holding up your wall but also your house. You will be fine mounting into studs. My TV is 70" and I have one of these mounts, it's perfect

edit: not the specific mount but the one for 70" TV's
Nov 20, 2010
397 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this last week actually. It feels okay but my TV is only 19 lbs and there seems to be a bit of play even after tightening things. I'm not sure how well it would handle anything heavier.

Only issues I ran into were the VESA mounting screws provided weren't the correct ones for my TV and the bolts to screw into the wall are a bit cheap and the head started stripping when I was trying to drill them in and I had to finish them with a wrench.

Other than that it was fairly quick and painless setup.
Nov 6, 2007
318 posts
125 upvotes
London
Insilin1i wrote: I bought this last week actually. It feels okay but my TV is only 19 lbs and there seems to be a bit of play even after tightening things. I'm not sure how well it would handle anything heavier.

Only issues I ran into were the VESA mounting screws provided weren't the correct ones for my TV and the bolts to screw into the wall are a bit cheap and the head started stripping when I was trying to drill them in and I had to finish them with a wrench.

Other than that it was fairly quick and painless setup.
Agree, I have this mount as well with a 43" mounted to it. I hate touching the TV because any small movement and it takes me forever to get it back to where I like to keep the TV for everyday use. Great price though and I can confirm it is very sturdy. After installing with 2-3/8" lags, I hung off the mount (195lbs) with no movement.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1023 posts
327 upvotes
Free shipping doesn't apply to this tv mount (sale items, clearance items, etc.)
[OP]
Banned
Oct 13, 2015
1245 posts
826 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
Priestlydoolong wrote: Free shipping doesn't apply to this tv mount (sale items, clearance items, etc.)
Actually it works for me. $22.98 all in.
Images
  • DE41EC66-F490-4B00-A315-72DCD314CE56.png
Nov 28, 2010
571 posts
346 upvotes

my 2 cents.
Unless you suck at centering your holes in the middle of the stud and/or torque it like a jack and strip the threads you will never have any issue with a single stud
Oct 7, 2007
287 posts
74 upvotes
Rider Nation
slitcher wrote: Unless you suck at centering your holes in the middle of the stud and/or torque it like a jack and strip the threads you will never have any issue with a single stud
I Agree totally. I've installed at least a dozen single stud mounts. No issues what so ever. I have a high end stud finder and we'll worth the money. The finish nail trick works well too.
My issues start on the big mounts and 24 inch stud centers. But I hit one stud and use the 200lbs toggle straps. Mounts for 24 inch stud spacing are limited in choice.
Dec 14, 2003
597 posts
79 upvotes
I placed an order yesterday and had a hard time to find a few extra items I didn't really need in order to get free shipping..... would have I known this I could have easily waited an extra day!

Lately I've shopped there way too many times already (from TV mounts, to cables, speaker cable, accessories). But so far I'm always satisfied and it's much easier to order from them instead of any other US-only website.
Nov 23, 2010
401 posts
206 upvotes
Montreal
Free shipping is the king !!!
Don’t know why but rfd still didnt change .com to .ca, I guess someone will just purchase the domain name once it’s obsoleted !
Sep 15, 2008
106 posts
11 upvotes
Would anyone recommend this for a corner mount? Have a 40" and 32" TVs to mounts in the corner.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1221 posts
576 upvotes
Thanks. Grabbed one for the 37". Interestingly enough, it's the same weight as my 65". Times have changed.