Home & Garden

Primecables Sit-Stand Desks

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2022 2:14 pm
8 replies
Aug 23, 2018
59 posts
151 upvotes
None of them, because single motor and also no presets. Just up and down buttons.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21701 posts
17374 upvotes
Markham
Definitely get one with presets for pure ease of use....Timer might also be nice.

I have a single motor and for me it's OK as my desk uses a lighter top and it's not very wide. If you're planning on using a heavy top or you lean on the desk or it's wide, you might consider going for the two motor.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2761 posts
1830 upvotes
GTA
Get the ones with a display and presets... so much simpler to use. I have a dual motor one and it's great, but that's because I have a larger top and have more weight on it, but we also have the single motor ones and they're good too, just depends on your use case.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2019
2130 posts
1854 upvotes
GTA
At the start of the pandemic I bought a number https://www.autonomous.ai/en-CA desks, but back then we could get them for $330 or something, or a bit closer to $400 with a top. I think one has an original top, I made tops for the rest of them.

Midway through the pandemic costco had a sale on dual motor desks with a tiny top for $250 each or something. They looked like they came out of the same factory as the Autonomous ones. So I think I bought 4 of those for my office, and I built new larger tops for all of them.

Primecables has alwasy been tempting, but I never went with them.

I think you 100% want dual motor as well as presets. Without presets would be quite annoying.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2012
5379 posts
4994 upvotes
Toronto
I have this one from PC and love it. Sturdy, smooth, quiet. I paid $322 when it was on sale and don't regret it a bit. I'm standing at it right now with a dual monitor arm, 28" display, laptop tray, another laptop on the table top and a set of Edifier speakers to the sides. Solid, no appreciable movement when banging away on the keyboard.

Some have said that because the PC standing desk telescopes with the narrow section of the leg at the bottom, it would be less sturdy than some which are reversed, tapering towards the top. I'm not convinced, as of course the vibrations begin at the top where the user is, so a sturdy solid connection at the top of the table might be better than at the base of the leg. But I'm no physicist.

https://www.primecables.ca/p-359306-cab ... #sku368513
IMG_4530.JPG
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
The prime cables dual motor frame paired with a table top from structube is a great combo for about $400 when on sale. There is an ongoing deals thread for sit-stand desks.

standing-desk-deals-2370703/
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2761 posts
1830 upvotes
GTA
2wheeler wrote: https://www.primecables.ca/p-391594-sit ... #sku417905

Is this a good value for $457? Full set with table top and dual motor
You can get the legs alone on sale sometimes for just over $3xx, so you're paying about $150+ for the folding top. Better to get the legs on sale and find a cheaper top, say like from Ikea.