Expired Hot Deals

[Primecables.ca] 10000mAh Portable External Battery Charger Power Bank USB Type-C USB A Dual Output - $20 Free shipping today

Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2007
4760 posts
1863 upvotes
Scarborough
mrinterested wrote: If you read some of the reviews for the item you will see someone reporting that the USB-C port is indeed input/output.
This is correct. I purchased this power bank during the holidays and can confirm that the USB-C port works for both input and output.
Sep 14, 2009
528 posts
200 upvotes
Vancouver
ASharp wrote: This is correct. I purchased this power bank during the holidays and can confirm that the USB-C port works for both input and output.
Do you recommend this product?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2003
1174 posts
307 upvotes
one review states
"You can't charge and use the phone at the same time, ..."

which is usually indicative of a lower quality charging chip
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8610 posts
4976 upvotes
Toronto
HammerJoe wrote: 10000 is not that big imo.
I bought couple weeks ago a 20000 for $20.00 on Amazon.
These things are always on sale, look around.
Some people value portability over capacity, 10k might fit in a pocket, 20k definitely won’t. This is a nice price for QC 3.0 with USB-C.

Link to the 20k? With a lot of cheap brands they’ll say that but it’s actually much less capacity.
Oct 10, 2015
88 posts
146 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I have a couple and they’re great! charges my xs max relatively quick while i have pokémon go running. They have been cheaper though, the 2 i bought were $15 about 6 months ago and $12.99 during the last black friday sale.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4605 posts
3197 upvotes
Edmonton
mrinterested wrote: USB-C ports are usually input/output by definition.
That is unless the manufacturer went out of their way to configure the port to be one way only (which is possible but seems unlikely)

If you read some of the reviews for the item you will see someone reporting that the USB-C port is indeed input/output.

While i don't own this particular power bank, i do own another power bank that also has USB-C and micro-USB ports, and the USB-C port is both input/output.
The online description for my power bank also incorrectly listed input only for the USB-C port. The manual that came with it, plus the printed specification written on the physical device clearly stated input and output values for the USB-C port.

I think that many sites are just lazy and instead of reading the manuals, they are listing specifications with a cut and paste of older micro usb models, and they don't grasp the fact that USB-C ports can do both input and output.
This is game changing info for me. Thank you so much!
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3581 posts
2161 upvotes
Vancouver
HammerJoe wrote: 10000 is not that big imo.
I bought couple weeks ago a 20000 for $20.00 on Amazon.
These things are always on sale, look around.
You can find 15k or 20k for $20-30 on amazon but you likely won't find one that has ubc-c on it. That's the true value in this and honestly this is only a good deal if you plan on using the powerbank to charge a switch or a type-c device (non-PD). If you don't need that, i recommend waiting for a sale on anker, ravpower, or other brand powerbanks that go on sale pretty regularly cause a better deal can be had. However if you need/want that usb-c port, this is a good deal. I'm thinking of buying one just to toss in the car to have an extra powerbank (and one with usb-c so slightly faster charge on some devices).
Oct 13, 2007
228 posts
36 upvotes
Paigne wrote: You can find 15k or 20k for $20-30 on amazon but you likely won't find one that has ubc-c on it. That's the true value in this and honestly this is only a good deal if you plan on using the powerbank to charge a switch or a type-c device (non-PD). If you don't need that, i recommend waiting for a sale on anker, ravpower, or other brand powerbanks that go on sale pretty regularly cause a better deal can be had. However if you need/want that usb-c port, this is a good deal. I'm thinking of buying one just to toss in the car to have an extra powerbank (and one with usb-c so slightly faster charge on some devices).
You think it can charge a Switch?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6449 posts
1093 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
xumei wrote: You think it can charge a Switch?
Any usb charger can charge a Switch.

If the USB-C can output 15W then you can charge and play the Switch also (I assume that's what you are REALLY asking). Probably only in handheld mode though.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Sep 14, 2009
528 posts
200 upvotes
Vancouver
number8888 wrote: Any usb charger can charge a Switch.

If the USB-C can output 15W then you can charge and play the Switch also (I assume that's what you are REALLY asking). Probably only in handheld mode though.
How does the "output" of this power bank compare with similar priced Type C ones?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3581 posts
2161 upvotes
Vancouver
xumei wrote: You think it can charge a Switch?
Based on specs yes, it advertised as 3A so it should charge faster than most powerbanks that advertise at 2.4A (or lower). It won't charge as fast as a PD usb-c charger that goes up to 18W (any higher won't matter for switch).