Expired Hot Deals

[Primecables.ca] 100W 20V/5A USB C to USB C Nylon Braided Fast Charging Cable, 3Ft - PrimeCables® $4.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2021 4:37 am
[OP]
Jun 27, 2013
33 posts
191 upvotes
Montr

[Primecables.ca] 100W 20V/5A USB C to USB C Nylon Braided Fast Charging Cable, 3Ft - PrimeCables® $4.99

Decent fast charging type-c cable 100W for $4.99
19 replies
Jul 1, 2010
431 posts
215 upvotes
"480Mbps fast transmission "

name of the item in the title would help a lot.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
10516 posts
2878 upvotes
Winnipeg
hate it when they give out coupon codes applicable for only things...at full price.
Aug 1, 2014
115 posts
34 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
Any good deals on USBA to USBC cables that are as good as the OEM ps5 controller cable? All my other wires charge much slower than that one.
Jul 13, 2016
122 posts
184 upvotes
Bmaximus wrote: Any good deals on USBA to USBC cables that are as good as the OEM ps5 controller cable? All my other wires charge much slower than that one.
https://www.primecables.ca/p-352841-usb ... rimecables

I have 6 of these. They're fast and handle Quick Charge no problem. I used the Ampere app to go through all my old cables and chargers, and identify the ones that perform poorly - nothing outperformed these (some matched).
Aug 1, 2014
115 posts
34 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
soupmaster666 wrote: https://www.primecables.ca/p-352841-usb ... rimecables

I have 6 of these. They're fast and handle Quick Charge no problem. I used the Ampere app to go through all my old cables and chargers, and identify the ones that perform poorly - nothing outperformed these (some matched).
Thanks! Those are the same ones I have. I thought they were pretty good until I got a ps5. The controller wire that comes with the ps5 is far better than those primecables ones. Would love to have 5 more of them or similar ones.
Aug 1, 2014
115 posts
34 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
nulldev wrote: My advice is to just buy a fully compliant cable, e.g. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001286 ... 4c4dX3CQvF which costs ~$0.40 more. Now I can just pick up my cables and not have to worry about all the USB shenanigans anymore as I know it will handle anything that I put through it.
These might do the trick. I'll order 1 and try it out. Thanks!

Edit: just noticed those are usbc-usbc. Do you have a link for a compliant usb3-usbc?
Aug 15, 2019
36 posts
707 upvotes
Bmaximus wrote: These might do the trick. I'll order 1 and try it out. Thanks!

Edit: just noticed those are usbc-usbc. Do you have a link for a compliant usb3-usbc?
Unfortunately I haven't done much research into compliant usb C to A cables as all my chargers already connect via USB C. I also wouldn't want to vouch for a cable that I haven't tested myself as many cable producers don't implement the spec properly.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2611 posts
992 upvotes
Mississauga
Was ordering other stuff. so got one of these.. It will go into the cable draw.. and I'm sure set used at some time.. thanks op.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3538 posts
1620 upvotes
Ottawa
soupmaster666 wrote: https://www.primecables.ca/p-352841-usb ... rimecables

How do I find a longer one in black and 6ft. I just tested some cables today based on your post.. And swore profusely. A new Anker quick charge cable wouldn't pull more than 460 from any source. I dug out another cable shipped by Dell 1060. Not sure what the top end number should be. Could you please share what you get on these cables?

BTW thank you for mentioning Ampere
Dec 25, 2010
128 posts
45 upvotes
Canada, Quebec, Mont…
shylok wrote: How do I find a longer one in black and 6ft. I just tested some cables today based on your post.. And swore profusely. A new Anker quick charge cable wouldn't pull more than 460 from any source. I dug out another cable shipped by Dell 1060. Not sure what the top end number should be. Could you please share what you get on these cables?

BTW thank you for mentioning Ampere
For what it is worth, I bought INIU cables via Amazon recently, they have 3-6-10 ft for almost any type of current cables. For way longer cables, I think there are place who will sale you any length you want (you will have to google to find a place). But if you need more than 10 ft, you can always use a power extension, eh.

Use CCC (word is censored here, why?) to check what are the all time low if you care about the price and they often have promo or coupons, but even at regular price they are quite cheap, they have all kind of connectors and cable type and lot of relative products. I just bought couple of their products (5x USB to USB C cables 15.28$ maybe I had a coupon, 2 powerbanks 10500 mAh for around 31$, small block charger ~5$), got them pretty cheap and I am waiting for their lowest price for USB C to USB C to use their charger (no rush on my side). When I did some search sometime ago reviews were decent for all their products I looked. I only have them since a couple days and I can only say they works right now, but if anyone want I run any particular test (e.g., speed test), I can always look into it for RFD science (just tell me what you want I check/test)... and I see fast the powerbanks have 3 years warranty... so if shit happen I am confident their customer service will do something.

I think they are also on AliExpress but I did not want to wait super long time for some of these to maybe save some pennies.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
4580 posts
4300 upvotes
Toronto
mickoz wrote: Use CCC (word is censored here, why?)
Answer from @TomRFD

from Are discussions about Redflagdeals Competitors now allowed?
TomRFD wrote: CCC was banned long before I got here but the reasons stated by others are accurate. Every link on their site is connected to their affiliate program so if someone visited them from our site and clicked their local link, they'd get credited for the purchase instead. RFD partially relies on that to keep the lights on.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3086 posts
748 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
lead wrote: hate it when they give out coupon codes applicable for only things...at full price.
And not just any item at full price
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
1194 posts
2333 upvotes
Bmaximus wrote: These might do the trick. I'll order 1 and try it out. Thanks!

PS5 has a usb-c port though and USBC is usually better
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
Aug 1, 2014
115 posts
34 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
I take the USB C slot for the transmitter of my arctis headset.
Dec 25, 2010
128 posts
45 upvotes
Canada, Quebec, Mont…
Thanks for the explanation. Well... they also provide a very valuable tool for deal seekers (maybe there are others, but that is one of the most known for sure). Being afraid of competitions instead of sometime seeing them as allies (not the same product IMHO). Most serious project try to do some money at some point. Just normal that CCC do the same (I only said it at large, it wasn't even a link, now I say CCC instead, same thing), just like DekuDeals probably do the same with Switch when they can use affiliate, still DekuDeals is a very valuable tool! Just like if I say that Canadian Tire in store has a better deal than Amazon, then RFD get no referral for Amazon. Maybe that kind of discussion is in the thread you linked, will check. ;-)