Expired Hot Deals

[Primecables.ca] 12-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip with 5ft Cord 125V/15A $18.98 FS + 10x pts

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2020 10:03 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1858 posts
1232 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Primecables.ca] 12-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip with 5ft Cord 125V/15A $18.98 FS + 10x pts

Special Offer!
Free Shipping:
24 Hrs Incredible Deal with Free Shipping
S-Points:
10X S-Points Rewards Incredible Deal

A pretty solid deal imo, plus 10x which is equivalent to 20% back in pts
9 replies
Jan 5, 2010
162 posts
58 upvotes
Ottawa
azncapcom wrote: What's the gap between the outlets?
two inches centre to centre
Penalty Box
Aug 25, 2019
254 posts
307 upvotes
Total Width Three Feet??
These fragile bodies of touch and taste
This vibrant skin, this hair like lace
Spirits open to the thrust of grace
Never a breath you can afford to waste B.C.
Oct 2, 2013
642 posts
115 upvotes
Mississauga
Does anyone know how long is it ?
Apr 21, 2012
333 posts
471 upvotes
Ontario
It looks like a decent product but the top comment made me pass:

"This product is junk. The reason that the sockets are arranged in line with the power bar instead of at 90 degrees to it is because they are not individual NEMA rated sockets. There are three long formed bus bars, one each for the hot terminal, neutral and ground that run the full length of the bar. The problem with this arrangement is that the formed contact portion of this bus bar does not grip the prongs of an electrical plug securely. Consequently if mounted vertically or upside down there is the tendency for a heavy plug like a wallwart to just fall out. Even inserting a plug seems to be problematic and difficult. Very poor design and due to poor contact may even overheat and prove to be a fire hazard. Note that although this product is stated as being UL approved it is not CSA approved which is usually a more stringent qualification. Very dissatisfied with this purchase."
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1530 posts
958 upvotes
Calgary
I bought one of these from prime cables a few months ago. Mounted it on the wall behind my tv so I could more easily reach the outlets behind my entertainment unit. I too saw the above review and was worried that the outlets would be loose and plugs would fall out. I am happy to report that so far, it has worked perfectly. I have not had a single plug fall out and it is sturdily mounted to the wall. In my case, the outlets are vertical, and nothing is falling out. These are not outlets that I touch often - perhaps the previous reviewer was using theirs in an area where it was being touched more (like on the floor under a computer desk where your feet would kick it)? Personally, if I had the need for another I would definitely buy this product again.
Mar 2, 2014
100 posts
608 upvotes
Halifax
Bought 2 thanks OP! Will help clear up space behind tv and computer.