Expired Hot Deals

[Primecables.ca] 15% off Sit-Stand Desk Frames and Mounts

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2020 6:41 pm
Sep 20, 2017
218 posts
103 upvotes
Markham
I'm looking for a detachable iPad stand for my sofa. It need to be strong enough so my little kid won't know it down, also it's better to be portable so I can detach it when I need. Is there anything like that in Primecables? Thanks.
Jun 16, 2009
18 posts
5 upvotes
Does anyone know if all the sit-stand desk frames offered by Primecables have screen locks? I'm interested in getting one but don't want my kid playing around with the buttons.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
9802 posts
4939 upvotes
Markham
quicksilver_ wrote: Does anyone know if all the sit-stand desk frames offered by Primecables have screen locks? I'm interested in getting one but don't want my kid playing around with the buttons.
No screen lock on mine. You could "program" the three presets to the same sitting position so that if it's hit, it doesn't go anywhere but the "up" and "down" will still work.

or you could decide to not mount the controls to the front of the table as the control "board" is on a long cable. Just have it hanging up high or mounted somewhere where small hands can't reach.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
9802 posts
4939 upvotes
Markham
yuen47 wrote: This - good information. I have the single motor but it is really too tall for me on a regular height normal sized herman miller mirra 2, even at the highest setting. I'm 5'8". Works fine for standing but not sitting on normal height office chairs, maybe ok if you have the 'stool' versions of the chairs!

I learned the hard way, chances are I'm going to sell the single motor for a dual motor just for the 10cm height reduction!!
I think some people use keyboard trays which install and slide in and out underneath the tabletop. This would "fix your height reduction" issue. This may actually be somewhat preferred depending on whether you have your monitors on risers (ie you want monitor higher).

For people with the opposite issue ie the thing is too low, you can add "risers" to the feet so that starting height is higher.

Feb 3, 2008
578 posts
99 upvotes
GTA
gr8dlr wrote: I think some people use keyboard trays which install and slide in and out underneath the tabletop. This would "fix your height reduction" issue. This may actually be somewhat preferred depending on whether you have your monitors on risers (ie you want monitor higher).

For people with the opposite issue ie the thing is too low, you can add "risers" to the feet so that starting height is higher.
Interesting idea, I think that fixes the keyboard tray height issue but most monitors are still going to be too high. The top of the monitor probably could go another half foot down (i do have large 32" 4k's though).
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.

Ebay 71-0
Heatware 3-0 FS
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
9802 posts
4939 upvotes
Markham
yuen47 wrote: Interesting idea, I think that fixes the keyboard tray height issue but most monitors are still going to be too high. The top of the monitor probably could go another half foot down (i do have large 32" 4k's though).
Your solution is to raise the chair height when you are sitting and get yourself a foot rest....or as your mother would tell you - " sit up straight" LOL.

Depending on the specs of your equipment, setups have to be tweaked...some people have 19" monitor and some like you have 32" monitors and some likely have even bigger monitors.
If you didn't have a sit stand desk, you still have to tweak setups for optimal ergonomics. I'm trying to point out "typical" issues.

Oct 24, 2010
118 posts
24 upvotes
Anyone know if you can have a table top that is just a tad bit smaller than the min. width? (I know that sounds crazy, but I'm constrained to 40in in length)