Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Primecables.ca

$299.99 Sit-Stand Dual-Motor Height Adjustable ADR Gaming Desk Frame, Electric-Black- PrimeCables

Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
25571 posts
15426 upvotes
Toronto
chevyz07 wrote: I actually have the single motor and my sibling as the dual motor. She has a laptop and 2 screens while I have 80 lbs of equipment on my desk and mine still does well.
Gaming computer with 6 hard drives, 32"/24"/24" screens, condenser, 5.1 surround, UPS and a car battery.... hahaha
The computer case and UPS are on the floor, there is no room on the tabletop for them. I suppose I could install a bracket and hang everything but real estate is pretty scarce underneath. I have a couple of power bars and a ethernet hub installed underneath.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile $40/15GB, $35/20GB, lot less with rewards
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
3153 posts
697 upvotes
GlenFry wrote: Do you have a link for the top you bought?
Seems they've run out of stock already. It was a vwindesk on Amazon.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1988 posts
1870 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
will888 wrote: The computer case and UPS are on the floor, there is no room on the tabletop for them. I suppose I could install a bracket and hang everything but real estate is pretty scarce underneath. I have a couple of power bars and a ethernet hub installed underneath.
I have a large and deep desk, so my desktop is on the left, and 3 screens on the right. UPS is hanging from the bottom along with a cable basket.
[OP]
Jun 27, 2013
85 posts
578 upvotes
Montr
toothpicvic wrote: this is the one i bought earlier today, is there a material difference/concern in build/quality? i don't really get the price difference and if it's worth the upgrade.
The one that you bought is single-motor.
Apr 22, 2005
435 posts
236 upvotes
Maple
toothpicvic wrote: this is the one i bought earlier today, is there a material difference/concern in build/quality? i don't really get the price difference and if it's worth the upgrade.
Minimum height is much lower for OP's version.
OP - 24.4"
Yours - 28.7"
Oct 7, 2009
747 posts
489 upvotes
Toronto
toothpicvic wrote:
this is the one i bought earlier today, is there a material difference/concern in build/quality? i don't really get the price difference and if it's worth the upgrade.
Alekxqin wrote: There’s another one on sale today for $179.99, discounted from $290

https://www.shopperplus.ca/p-357587-ele ... rimecables
I was also thinking that single motor is not really a deal breaker for me BUT then I realized the low height number is smaller with the dual motor. This is a good thing as I've heard many complaints on the costco's tresanti that its too tall (30" lowest) and the single motor is very similar to that.

Not sure why the single motors and dual motors have height differences. I can go with single motor if the heights are same as the dual motors.
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Apr 24, 2018
62 posts
143 upvotes
long term user, I bought this last Dec and the frame starts wobbling at some point, contact the customer service and they determined the two lifts are defective and sent me two to replace. However the issue isn't fixed and waste a lot of time to disassemble and reassemble and send the faulty ones back. Their customer service also stop responding when I asked for further diagnosis and help. We had the single one at home with exactly same setup ( same desktop from ikea, two monitors mounted and a sff pc), costs less and not that significant wobble compares to the dual motor one. I would suggest getting the single motor, I think the wobble is due to the design issue, I mainly got the dual motor for the lower height it can go but I would rather have sth more stable instead.
The dual motor wobbles at both lower and higher height when I shake the desktop a bit. The single motor doesn't wobble at all at lower height, a little bit at higher height but a lot better than the dual motor so I won't complain lol
Add the video link showing the wobble on the dual motor:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16KcfSx ... p=drivesdk
Added the video link of the single motor to compare:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16KhYpb ... p=drivesdk
Last edited by AibaBlast on Sep 22nd, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
25571 posts
15426 upvotes
Toronto
AibaBlast wrote: long term user, I bought this last Dec and the frame starts wobbling at some point, contact the customer service and they determined the two lifts are defective and sent me two to replace. However the issue isn't fixed and waste a lot of time to disassemble and reassemble and send the faulty ones back. Their customer service also stop responding when I asked for further diagnosis and help. We had the single one at home as well, costs less and not that significant wobble compares to the dual motor one. I would suggest getting the single motor, I think the wobble is due to the design issue, I mainly got the dual motor for the lower height it can go but I would rather has sth more stable instead.
Could the wobbling be due to the desk being lifted too high? The front to back width of the legs are not that wide. If items are placed too far off center and the desk lifted very high, the torque can be quite large.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile $40/15GB, $35/20GB, lot less with rewards
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
Apr 24, 2018
62 posts
143 upvotes
will888 wrote: Could the wobbling be due to the desk being lifted too high? The front to back width of the legs are not that wide. If items are placed too far off center and the desk lifted very high, the torque can be quite large.
i don't think so we had the exact same setup on the single motor, but even at higher height, it's stable enough, the dual motor wobbles even when you use your finger to shake the desk top with a bit force. It's more likely bad design of the lifts
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3140 posts
3005 upvotes
Antarctica
Does anyone else have the wobble issue with this?
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2697 posts
1184 upvotes
AibaBlast wrote: long term user, I bought this last Dec and the frame starts wobbling at some point, contact the customer service and they determined the two lifts are defective and sent me two to replace. However the issue isn't fixed and waste a lot of time to disassemble and reassemble and send the faulty ones back. Their customer service also stop responding when I asked for further diagnosis and help. We had the single one at home as well, costs less and not that significant wobble compares to the dual motor one. I would suggest getting the single motor, I think the wobble is due to the design issue, I mainly got the dual motor for the lower height it can go but I would rather has sth more stable instead.
Add the video link showing the wobble:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16KcfSx ... p=drivesdk
It's the bolts that attach the legs to the bottom on each side. They're actually underneath the legs where the legs meet the base. tighten them and the wobble goes away. It's not wobbling because its defective, its wobbling because over time some of your bolts have come loose allowing the legs enough "play" to rock back and forth instead of being compressed against the bases.

If you take everything off the top of your desk, you can lift each side onto blocks of some kind to get access to the bolts without any real disassembly. Tighten the bolts well. Some threadlocker will prevent it from happening again. Let me know how it goes for you but I'm pretty sure this is an easy fix if your problem is the same as mine was (looks the same from the video).

Source: mine started wobbling so I took it apart to figure out what was going on and found the loose bolts, and that I didn't even need to disassemble it to fix the issue (although it was mostly disassembled by then)
Last edited by spiralspirit on Sep 22nd, 2021 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 13, 2018
305 posts
468 upvotes
Ontario
jack1984 wrote: Where does everyone get their table tops from? Specifically the dimensions I'm looking for are 30x60. I know IKEA kitchen counters are popular, but I found those far too shallow.
Check the tabletops at Ikea, you can buy them separately.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/idasen-tab ... -40360991/
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/bekant-tab ... -10366305/

Recently bought the Bekant top and used it with the PrimeCables desk, no issues with it. The supplied screws into the particle board was not a problem.
Apr 24, 2018
62 posts
143 upvotes
spiralspirit wrote: It's the bolts that attach the legs to the bottom on each side. They're actually underneath the legs where the legs meet the base. tighten them and the wobble goes away. It's not wobbling because its defective, its wobbling because over time some of your bolts have come loose allowing the legs enough "play" to rock back and forth instead of being compressed against the bases.

If you take everything off the top of your desk, you can lift each side onto blocks of some kind to get access to the bolts without any real disassembly. Tighten the bolts well. Some threadlocker will prevent it from happening again. Let me know how it goes for you but I'm pretty sure this is an easy fix if your problem is the same as mine was (looks the same from the video).

Source: mine started wobbling so I took it apart to figure out what was going on and found the loose bolts, and that I didn't even need to disassemble it to fix the issue (although it was mostly disassembled by then)
yes, we indeed find the bolt loose and tighten them more, the wobbles improves but not gone, and two of the bolts failed after we tighten them too much. by failure I mean the bolt is able to rotate but don't tight any more, that's why I said it's design issue.
Mar 28, 2017
80 posts
61 upvotes
jigz787 wrote: I was also thinking that single motor is not really a deal breaker for me BUT then I realized the low height number is smaller with the dual motor. This is a good thing as I've heard many complaints on the costco's tresanti that its too tall (30" lowest) and the single motor is very similar to that.

Not sure why the single motors and dual motors have height differences. I can go with single motor if the heights are same as the dual motors.

I have the single motor and yes it's lil bit too high for the arm even with the chair at the highest setting. Just bought this dual motor for that purpose of having lower height.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2697 posts
1184 upvotes
AibaBlast wrote: yes, we indeed find the bolt loose and tighten them more, the wobbles improves but not gone, and two of the bolts failed after we tighten them too much. by failure I mean the bolt is able to rotate but don't tight any more, that's why I said it's design issue.

It sounds like something is stripped. Maybe find some replacement bolts of the same thread and length?
Apr 24, 2018
62 posts
143 upvotes
spiralspirit wrote: It's the bolts that attach the legs to the bottom on each side. They're actually underneath the legs where the legs meet the base. tighten them and the wobble goes away. It's not wobbling because its defective, its wobbling because over time some of your bolts have come loose allowing the legs enough "play" to rock back and forth instead of being compressed against the bases.

BTW, what threadlocker are you using, I would probably try that, the wobble has really been annoying so far lol
Apr 24, 2018
62 posts
143 upvotes
spiralspirit wrote: It sounds like something is stripped. Maybe find some replacement bolts of the same thread and length?
yeah that's my next step to try since we plan to renovate the room a bit, but personally I think the lifts isn't good design compare to the single motor's