Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Primecables.ca

$299.99 Sit-Stand Dual-Motor Height Adjustable ADR Gaming Desk Frame, Electric-Black- PrimeCables

Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2699 posts
1184 upvotes
AibaBlast wrote: BTW, what threadlocker are you using, I would probably try that, the wobble has really been annoying so far lol
I believe its loctite blue 242
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
25594 posts
15444 upvotes
Toronto
AibaBlast wrote: i don't think so we had the exact same setup on the single motor, but even at higher height, it's stable enough, the dual motor wobbles even when you use your finger to shake the desk top with a bit force. It's more likely bad design of the lifts
What you are referring to is front to back instability. I have studied the past reviews and it seems like they made a change to the legs and shortened the length. So if you use a wide tabletop or load items off center, the front to back instability is accentuated. As for the lifts, they would only come into play on instability if the two motors were not synced and one end lifts more than the other and you end up with tilt. Early on I did a lot checking for this tilt. I would put a level on the desktop and drive the desk from minimum to maximum height and back looking for tilt. I did not see any problems.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile $40/15GB, $35/20GB, lot less with rewards
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
May 22, 2021
283 posts
141 upvotes
As a complete and total novice... how worth it is it to buy the frame separately? I was planning on just buying a table by itself. It didn't even occur to me this was an option.

Is it a lot of work to "make" my own table?
Jul 13, 2018
307 posts
490 upvotes
Ontario
anabioz wrote: Monitor Arms:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B088G1ZVM6/

NOTE: I've used dual monitor arms and concluded it is better to use one arm per monitor - solid hold and very sturdy.
Agree that single arm are better and provide much better flexibility in set up. I'd recommend these, which are on sale for $27.99 until 24th Sept. I'm using it on a 27" and another on 24" monitor without any problems.

https://www.primecables.ca/p-362093-cab ... rimecables
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
2122 posts
1513 upvotes
Kamdo wrote: Agree that single arm are better and provide much better flexibility in set up. I'd recommend these, which are on sale for $27.99 until 24th Sept. I'm using it on a 27" and another on 24" monitor without any problems.

https://www.primecables.ca/p-362093-cab ... rimecables
Nice. How solid is the gas spring one? I've noticed that the table shakes up a bit when it moves up and down, does it affect the adjusted height?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
2122 posts
1513 upvotes
For those of you who are new to the 'Standing Desk' Scene, you normally do 45 minutes standing and 15 minutes sitting. Your back will tell you when you are due to sit down. In either case, this helps productivity as your lungs are fully expanded.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
25594 posts
15444 upvotes
Toronto
anabioz wrote: For those of you who are new to the 'Standing Desk' Scene, you normally do 45 minutes standing and 15 minutes sitting. Your back will tell you when you are due to sit down. In either case, this helps productivity as your lungs are fully expanded.
I am not a medical professional, so I don't know what the ideal numbers are. There are days where I don't want to sit and there are days where I don't want to stand. I think the idea is not to turn the office chair into a couch for 3 hours at a time. You can't go wrong as long as you switch back and forth based purely on comfort.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile $40/15GB, $35/20GB, lot less with rewards
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
Jul 13, 2018
307 posts
490 upvotes
Ontario
anabioz wrote: Nice. How solid is the gas spring one? I've noticed that the table shakes up a bit when it moves up and down, does it affect the adjusted height?
There are adjusters on the spring, so you can tighten them up a bit depending on the weight of the monitor, it will reduce the shake and stopping any "sagging". My table does not shake when moving the monitors, but I'm not constantly moving them either. I do find it useful when I occasionally rotate my monitor to vertical though.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
2122 posts
1513 upvotes
Kamdo wrote: There are adjusters on the spring, so you can tighten them up a bit depending on the weight of the monitor, it will reduce the shake and stopping any "sagging". My table does not shake when moving the monitors, but I'm not constantly moving them either. I do find it useful when I occasionally rotate my monitor to vertical though.
Good stuff, thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1985 posts
164 upvotes
Guelph
Lot of reviews on product page talk about product failing/not lasting the test of time…
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3009 posts
1471 upvotes
Markham
Kudos to them for not increasing the price for pandemic and WFH
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Feb 10, 2019
116 posts
105 upvotes
I'm seeing that this sit/stand desk with table top is going on sale tomorrow.

https://www.shopperplus.ca/p-391604-cab ... #sku420872

Current price: $430
Sale price: $350

Anyone have any experience with this one? Reviews on the site seem good but not sure how much I trust on-site reviews. Couldn't find a previous thread about it on RFD.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3140 posts
3009 upvotes
Antarctica
dtm252535 wrote: Lot of reviews on product page talk about product failing/not lasting the test of time…
Seems like they do have QC issues. There are consistent concerns: wobble and screws being stripped.

Does anyone have a decent alternative? How about that ikea one that comes with a top?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
5035 posts
4469 upvotes
AlexJosh wrote: Kudos to them for not increasing the price for pandemic and WFH
I know we are in the midst of a fourth wave but many companies are making employees go back to the office now. Demand for office furniture has dropped a lot compared to a year ago.
Oct 14, 2009
114 posts
21 upvotes
ytr968 wrote: I'm seeing that this sit/stand desk with table top is going on sale tomorrow.

Anyone have any experience with this one? Reviews on the site seem good but not sure how much I trust on-site reviews. Couldn't find a previous thread about it on RFD.
Height adjustable from 74.9 cm to 119.4 cm (29.5 in. to 47 in.) For me, it would be too high as it won't go down further then 29.5 in...
Jul 14, 2006
738 posts
657 upvotes
Toronto
ytr968 wrote: I'm seeing that this sit/stand desk with table top is going on sale tomorrow.

You lose the flexibility of having a larger table top.
That reinforcement beam on the base has good intentions in mind to increase rigidity, but it gets in the way when you move in and out while seated.