[Primecables.ca] $4.99 HD antenna with free shipping, 24h deal

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2018 11:07 am
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
2046 posts
1132 upvotes
Toronto
Got four chs on the main floor in a spot not so great. Will test it again in one of the upstairs bedrooms.
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Mar 1, 2005
917 posts
379 upvotes
Markham
Shipped in 2 days and got 9 channels so far. Awesome deal!
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
2046 posts
1132 upvotes
Toronto
Ok upstairs I got 11 chs not bad.
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6351 posts
2318 upvotes
Calgary
I received mine this afternoon. The plastic that covered the antenna looked dirty and used. Is that normal?

Edit: As dirty as it looks, I receive 6 channels, Global, CTV, City TV, CBC, Yes TV, and Omni. The first four are pretty good, Yes TV is a bit grainy while Omni is not really for us.
Images
  • 20180209_190203.jpg
  • 20180209_190138.jpg
Jan 18, 2008
108 posts
22 upvotes
This stupid little antenna is great! When I took it out of the box, I couldn't believe I blew $5 on this plastic piece of junk, but it picks up more channels than my supposedly much better Terk antenna.
Nov 27, 2004
844 posts
202 upvotes
Got mine yesterday, opened the box, and thought what the heck is this piece of crap going to do?

Hooked it up and I got 15 "digital" channels! WOW! Impressive.

I'm at Yonge & Sheppard area on the 2nd floor of a house, and it's placed against a wall (cord isn't long enough to place by the window)
Nov 27, 2004
844 posts
202 upvotes
althetrainer wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 9:07 pm
I received mine this afternoon. The plastic that covered the antenna looked dirty and used. Is that normal?
Yes, mine was like that too, just remove the plastic
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11338 posts
1760 upvotes
RFD
Quentin5 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 4:36 pm
Even worse with the wires, order 1 x $2 wire get free shipping.
I had this antenna in my cart, but changed my mind until I could see more user reviews here. Now I'm going to pull the trigger. Instead, I added 2x $2.71 audio cables and 1x $3 headphone splitter and got free shipping, which came in 2 days, and completely eliminated the humming my speakers had. The quality is so good for cheap, thick shielding and wires...I felt bad, like how are they making money. Now I'm about to get the antenna because people have had good experiences.
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11115 posts
4170 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Put it in my bedroom window and am able to get 21 channels. Funny thing is I can't get the local CTV channel but can get CBS, NBC, and PBS channels about 45 miles away.
Jan 1, 2018
18 posts
1 upvote
DragonRider wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 1:56 pm
Just curious, did you put the pad against the window?
No it didn't reach and I decided it would be as much work just to put one outside.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6351 posts
2318 upvotes
Calgary
Big Shooter wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 10:35 am
Yes, mine was like that too, just remove the plastic
Thanks for confirming. I never removed the plastic but it worked just fine. I was going to stick it on the window but my husband said it was an eyesore; he dropped the whole thing behind the dresser yet we still got the same number of channels, same quality. :lol: I checked the OTA map, we're actually receiving all the channels available in our area. I am very impressed.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
10999 posts
5167 upvotes
Southern Ontario
OTA HD quality doesn't change, either you receive it or not. If the signal is weak, it might cut in and out.

Yes, do testing, it'll go through your exterior wall and not necessarily need to be on a window.

For better reception, raising it is usually more effective.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
15033 posts
4336 upvotes
radeonboy wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 11:50 am
I had this antenna in my cart, but changed my mind until I could see more user reviews here. Now I'm going to pull the trigger. Instead, I added 2x $2.71 audio cables and 1x $3 headphone splitter and got free shipping, which came in 2 days, and completely eliminated the humming my speakers had. The quality is so good for cheap, thick shielding and wires...I felt bad, like how are they making money. Now I'm about to get the antenna because people have had good experiences.
Others may have had good experiences but mine has been bad, no channels :(
althetrainer wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 6:21 pm
I was going to stick it on the window but my husband said it was an eyesore; he dropped the whole thing behind the dresser yet we still got the same number of channels, same quality. :lol: I checked the OTA map, we're actually receiving all the channels available in our area. I am very impressed.
WTF, i don't even get two very close channels :facepalm:
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6351 posts
2318 upvotes
Calgary
Quentin5 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 8:35 pm

WTF, i don't even get two very close channels :facepalm:
Have you tried checking TV Fool? If you key in your location it should show you how many available channels in your area. You may not receive all the channels listed but it should give you a coverage map and a rough idea on how many channels you should get in a best case scenario.

https://www.tvfool.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=90

Here's their Interactive Maps Hints & Tips you may find it helpful.

Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
15033 posts
4336 upvotes
althetrainer wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 9:38 pm
Have you tried checking TV Fool? If you key in your location it should show you how many available channels in your area. You may not receive all the channels listed but it should give you a coverage map and a rough idea on how many channels you should get in a best case scenario.

Here's their Interactive Maps Hints & Tips you may find it helpful.

I did check it, that why i was expecting two strong channels and 5 weak ones. I got no channels at all :(
I'll scour their website further though
The beatings will continue until morale improves