Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Primecables.ca

6FT Slim Cat6 28AWG UTP Ethernet Network Cable - White - $0.09 & FS

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2017 12:58 pm
11 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2460 posts
2960 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got the Rogers gigabit plan last week. Should I go for the Cat6 or the Cat7 cable?
Dec 13, 2006
722 posts
652 upvotes
Vancouver
whats your network card? if its only a 1gb card then cat6 will do the trick, I dont get why all these people are jumping on 1gbps lines. unless you work in the cloud anything over 100mbps is overkill, heck 50 is enough for 99.99999 percent of residential use.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2005
5202 posts
2486 upvotes
Vancity
meatwagon wrote: whats your network card? if its only a 1gb card then cat6 will do the trick, I dont get why all these people are jumping on 1gbps lines. unless you work in the cloud anything over 100mbps is overkill, heck 50 is enough for 99.99999 percent of residential use.
The speed of a hard disk could be > 1gb/s. If one were to backup over a home network, giga ethernet would be beneficial, and hence cat6 wiring. 10gb/s network cards are still not that common, so cat7 would be overkill, unless one is doing in-wall wiring.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
Need these and almost bought at regular price the other day. Missed this unfortunately though.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
meatwagon wrote: whats your network card? if its only a 1gb card then cat6 will do the trick, I dont get why all these people are jumping on 1gbps lines. unless you work in the cloud anything over 100mbps is overkill, heck 50 is enough for 99.99999 percent of residential use.
If you stream multiple 4k streams (at the same time), 50 isn't enough and since Telus/Rogers (West/East) both offer pretty affordable 1gbps 'net promos right now (that isn't much more than say 100mbps), it makes sense to pay a small premium.

Hot deal, wanted to buy some since i think they are offering freeshipping today (no need to anything else that i dont need) but OOS already. Some other decent doorcrashers although not sure if i would consider buying LED bulbs from them/how long they will last.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2652 posts
2235 upvotes
GTA
recordman wrote: The speed of a hard disk could be > 1gb/s. If one were to backup over a home network, giga ethernet would be beneficial, and hence cat6 wiring. 10gb/s network cards are still not that common, so cat7 would be overkill, unless one is doing in-wall wiring.
As meatwagon was saying, if your network card does not support gigabit (10/100/1000), no matter how fast your hard drive is, you are limited to that which is 10/100 only - if not gigabit ready.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Oct 31, 2010
587 posts
1308 upvotes
Montreal
This was probably the lowest price ever for anything during BF. FS too! What can you get for 9 cents nowadays? Thanks primecables.
Dec 13, 2006
722 posts
652 upvotes
Vancouver
Paigne wrote: If you stream multiple 4k streams (at the same time), 50 isn't enough and since Telus/Rogers (West/East) both offer pretty affordable 1gbps 'net promos right now (that isn't much more than say 100mbps), it makes sense to pay a small premium.

Hot deal, wanted to buy some since i think they are offering freeshipping today (no need to anything else that i dont need) but OOS already. Some other decent doorcrashers although not sure if i would consider buying LED bulbs from them/how long they will last.
As per statscan, only 0.0000000000001% of households stream multiple 4k streams. So its overkill 1gbps is just potential, you not actually downloading 800mb/s

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)