Expired Hot Deals

Primecables.ca

Aluminum Alloy USB C to HDMI Cable for Home Office [email protected], 6Ft $13.99 24H deal with FS

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2022 5:43 pm
[OP]
Oct 13, 2016
430 posts
626 upvotes

[Primecables.ca] Aluminum Alloy USB C to HDMI Cable for Home Office [email protected], 6Ft $13.99 24H deal with FS

$13.99 for the cable and FS, plus you get 10X S-Points, makes it an even sweeter deal
26 replies
Jun 28, 2015
57 posts
78 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
Curious if someone could answer this question for me. Can I hook up my ps5 (HDMI end) and plug it into my monitor that has a USB c port. Does that work?

Looking at kvm switches and stuff to try and connect 3 devices to my monitor that has 1x HDMI, display port, USB c. I'm slightly old school and don't understand USB c except for charging devices.

Thanks.
Dec 13, 2008
168 posts
85 upvotes
Would this cable activate DEX on samsung galaxy s8+ ?
Dec 27, 2018
136 posts
175 upvotes
Price is great but without charging built in the usage is limited.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2078 posts
1560 upvotes
MckoolDealin wrote: Curious if someone could answer this question for me. Can I hook up my ps5 (HDMI end) and plug it into my monitor that has a USB c port. Does that work?

Looking at kvm switches and stuff to try and connect 3 devices to my monitor that has 1x HDMI, display port, USB c. I'm slightly old school and don't understand USB c except for charging devices.

Thanks.
I believe the cable is unidirectional based on my Google search, as in only USB C to HDMI.

https://dancharblog.wordpress.com/2020/ ... ables/amp/
Jul 19, 2016
232 posts
259 upvotes
chlronald wrote: Price is great but without charging built in the usage is limited.
Since when did hdmi support charging?
Dec 27, 2018
136 posts
175 upvotes
linksta7 wrote: Since when did hdmi support charging?
To Type-C side so that you can charge your device that is projecting the screen.
you can cheap out to just use wireless charging for phone / plug in AC for laptop but its just extra hassle.
May 21, 2021
74 posts
87 upvotes
chlronald wrote: To Type-C side so that you can charge your device that is projecting the screen.
you can cheap out to just use wireless charging for phone / plug in AC for laptop but its just extra hassle.
Yeah, but what would provide the power if the other end is HDMI?

I'm not sure if you're wrong or I'm about to discover the solution to all my problems lol.

BTW, thanks OP. In for one.
Feb 12, 2006
874 posts
1182 upvotes
just to add

MOST cables are unidirectional. Though I believe in 2022 there are going to be more HDMI --> USB-C, requires newer chip and likely more expensive. Why not just go HDMI --> DP? much more plentiful and easier to get? albeit more bulky but most monitors support DP these days.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
4524 posts
6872 upvotes
BC
starchest wrote: Yeah, but what would provide the power if the other end is HDMI?

I'm not sure if you're wrong or I'm about to discover the solution to all my problems lol.

Perhaps they're suggesting a usb-c hub with PD charging?

I picked up this 4k60hz hub for ~$30 off Ali, works pretty well
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B093BJ4S9P/ref ... 6FD2DBRK38
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2106 posts
1142 upvotes
GTA
starchest wrote: Yeah, but what would provide the power if the other end is HDMI?

The monitor or TV wouldn't provide power from the HDMI side to the device.
Kazushi wrote: just to add

MOST cables are unidirectional. Though I believe in 2022 there are going to be more HDMI --> USB-C, requires newer chip and likely more expensive. Why not just go HDMI --> DP? much more plentiful and easier to get? albeit more bulky but most monitors support DP these days.
Depending on the device, you may only have a USB-C port (ahem macbooks) or a single HDMI port, so if you want to have a second monitor/screen, your only option is to use the USB-C port for the additional video output.
Dec 23, 2009
579 posts
50 upvotes
Markham
peakingduck wrote: Perhaps they're suggesting a usb-c hub with PD charging?

I picked up this 4k60hz hub for ~$30 off Ali, works pretty well
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B093BJ4S9P/ref ... 6FD2DBRK38
Is that still available? Do you mind sharing link? I just purchased a 4k30hz hub for $27 off Amazon and wouldn't mind paying extra $3 for 60hz.
The one 4k60hz hub I found on Amazon had reviews saying it did not actually support 60hz.. have you tested yours?
May 21, 2021
74 posts
87 upvotes
kiraaaa wrote: Is that still available? Do you mind sharing link? I just purchased a 4k30hz hub for $27 off Amazon and wouldn't mind paying extra $3 for 60hz.
The one 4k60hz hub I found on Amazon had reviews saying it did not actually support 60hz.. have you tested yours?
4K 30hz is painful, I just can't go back.

I don't want to link you to the wrong product, but here's UGREEN official store in Ali, seems to have a good rep.

https://ugreen.aliexpress.com/store/301 ... 28a55vVHjM
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
4524 posts
6872 upvotes
BC
kiraaaa wrote: Is that still available? Do you mind sharing link? I just purchased a 4k30hz hub for $27 off Amazon and wouldn't mind paying extra $3 for 60hz.
I just took a look and it's now the same price as amazon. I purchased it during the 11/11 sale from the ugreen store linked by starchest.

Ran an app and confirmed 60hz refresh rate
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1267 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
I'm thinking about getting this to connect my iPad Pro to my monitor, but realistically I'm not sure why I'd need to?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2002
5055 posts
1471 upvotes
They're rare but there are USB-C to HDMI cables which have a USB-C input port at the HDMI side to connect a PD charger and push power down to the USB-C connector end, such as a laptop. I'm using this one from Choetech:

https://choetech.com/collections/hdmi-c ... 9910201399
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2002
5055 posts
1471 upvotes
starchest wrote: No way. Now I want this one! Does it ship from the U.S.?
I think so, their site says they do worldwide shipping (probably from China). It's too bad they got purged off Amazon.ca as that's where I bought it from.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)