Expired Hot Deals

[Primecables.ca] Digital Multimeter with DC/AC Voltage, DC Current, Diode, Continuity Test, cETLus _$9.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2019 8:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3716 posts
3237 upvotes
Markham

[Primecables.ca] Digital Multimeter with DC/AC Voltage, DC Current, Diode, Continuity Test, cETLus _$9.99

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
  • Data-hold mode
  • Overload protection
  • Low battery indication
  • Negative polarity indication
  • cETLus and UL listed for safety
  • 3 1/2-digit LCD, with a max. reading 1999
  • CAT III 300V (Can not use in CAT IV condition)
  • Battery: 9V battery, 6F22 or equivalent, 1 piece

Screenshot_2019-05-03_14-02-52.png
15 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1874 posts
1733 upvotes
Montréal
Great way to test if batteries are dead or alive!
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3898 posts
5046 upvotes
somewhere in B.C.
thesubmitter wrote: Great way to test if batteries are dead or alive!
Do you mean a great way to test if the 9v battery of the multimeter is dead?

Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3268 posts
1298 upvotes
Airdrie
Timbo420 wrote: Stick with auto ranging meters.
Generally, yes, but it's $10.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2784 upvotes
neonic wrote: I have no idea what makes a multimeter good or bad, but if you need a quick fix and don't want to wait for shipping - Canada Computers have some under $10 as well
Lots of places do. I have a couple of expensive ones and several more cheap ones, and for me the most important differences have been:

1. The function selector dial craps out quickly on the cheap ones, rendering the unit unreliable and annoying to use.

2. The reading on the cheap ones can be affected by the voltage level of their internal battery, so you may be getting an inaccurate reading without knowing it.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21751 posts
15956 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
MbMike wrote: I don't see it, did I miss this deal?
I did say, "Get both if you act fast." ;)

Apparently now 100% claimed. You might want to join the waitlist. These sorts of Lightning Deals come up often, then repeat so you may get lucky.

Clipboard01.jpg
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
7151 posts
1981 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
bylo wrote: I did say, "Get both if you act fast." ;)

Apparently now 100% claimed. You might want to join the waitlist. These sorts of Lightning Deals come up often, then repeat so you may get lucky.

Clipboard01.jpg
I don't see anything about 'Wait List' when I click on your link or when I search for the product online.
How do you see that option please?
Oct 5, 2017
469 posts
162 upvotes
Me too, can't find the waitlist!
bylo wrote: I did say, "Get both if you act fast." ;)

Clipboard01.jpg
newt_101 wrote: I don't see anything about 'Wait List' when I click on your link or when I search for the product online.
How do you see that option please?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21751 posts
15956 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Chandlerparsons wrote: Me too, can't find the waitlist!
The screen shot was from the Today's Deals page. I should have saved the link while I was there, but I didn't. Now it's gone. It's also gone from the Missed tab in "Limited Time Lightning Deals" at the bottom of that page.

So, unless I've missed another way to do it, all it seems you can do now is add the item to your Wishlist and hope to see it there and/or check "Today's Deals" regularly.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1864 posts
694 upvotes
BC
Exp315 wrote: Lots of places do. I have a couple of expensive ones and several more cheap ones, and for me the most important differences have been:

1. The function selector dial craps out quickly on the cheap ones, rendering the unit unreliable and annoying to use.

2. The reading on the cheap ones can be affected by the voltage level of their internal battery, so you may be getting an inaccurate reading without knowing it.
I've never had the selector fail or seen any that did. I see charred components way more often. This means no power, or nonsensical values.

All the meters I have have low battery indicators. If you still use it when low battery, that's your risk of invalid measurement.

For me, auto ranging is a must, and having audible continuity without having to select function button because they dual purposed with diode testing and made that primary function. Those designers that do that should be fired.
Koodo: $40/5GB Unlimited Canada wide calling