Expired Hot Deals

[Primecables.ca] Electric Sit to Stand Adjustable Desk Riser Frame (Table Top Not Included) - Black $225.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2020 4:07 pm
[OP]
Dec 4, 2011
31 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto

[Primecables.ca] Electric Sit to Stand Adjustable Desk Riser Frame (Table Top Not Included) - Black $225.99

Free shipping, $10 off coupon "SPRING10". Seems like a good deal. Need your own tabletop.
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 31st, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title edit
100 replies
Oct 19, 2007
932 posts
381 upvotes
Montreal
Note that the minimum height is fairly high on this model due to the 2-section design of the legs (instead of 3 in the higher priced model).
[OP]
Dec 4, 2011
31 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
fjanicki wrote: Note that the minimum height is fairly high on this model due to the 2-section design of the legs (instead of 3 in the higher priced model).
The Costco one is min. 714mm whereas this is 730mm. My current non-standing desk is 730mm to the top. Seems plenty low to me.
Nov 12, 2019
51 posts
117 upvotes
The top of a standard desk is in the range of 28-30 inches high, so this is in the normal range. 730mm = 28.74in + thickness of the tabletop.
Oct 19, 2007
932 posts
381 upvotes
Montreal
khanhee wrote: The Costco one is min. 714mm whereas this is 730mm. My current non-standing desk is 730mm to the top. Seems plenty low to me.
Yes most cheaper standing desks are around those numbers.

I have this one: https://www.primecables.ca/p-359306-cab ... #sku368513

It was 290$ last year and can go as low as 620mm. Note the 3 sections leg design as opposed to the 2-sections in the one from this thread.

A desk is not something you replace often and, to me, it's worth it to get the higher priced model. Maybe some other people have long legs and don't need a desk that goes that low to keep their knees at 90 degrees when sitting.
May 17, 2007
460 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
fjanicki wrote: Yes most cheaper standing desks are around those numbers.

It was 290$ last year and can go as low as 620mm. Note the 3 sections leg design as opposed to the 2-sections in the one from this thread.

A desk is not something you replace often and, to me, it's worth it to get the higher priced model. Maybe some other people have long legs and don't need a desk that goes that low to keep their knees at 90 degrees when sitting.
We bought 2 during boxing day. For me it's fine but my wife is 5"5 it's more annoying for her. I had to get a footrest.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7235 posts
1520 upvotes
Mont-Royal
orb2k wrote: We bought 2 during boxing day. For me it's fine but my wife is 5"5 it's more annoying for her. I had to get a footrest.
you should be shorter lol
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Nov 3, 2009
318 posts
98 upvotes
Winnipeg
fjanicki wrote: Yes most cheaper standing desks are around those numbers.

I purchased two of these units as well. very pleased, they are holding up great. threw a couple of Ikea Karlby countertops on there and they make impressive desks
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1814 posts
942 upvotes
Markham
So, where do we get good counter top for this table?
-------
Thank you
Nov 1, 2015
740 posts
694 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
It depends greatly on the chair you have as well. I'm plenty tall but the table doesn't go low enough for me because I'm using my dining room chair. So just be aware it's not just about your height for the table.

You can buy finished solid wood from Home Depot or from local woodworkers on Craigslist / FB too if you're concerned about clamping some huge monitors to your table and don't trust Ikea's thin tables.
Sep 27, 2009
378 posts
52 upvotes
I've been using the smart desk 2 from www.autonomous.ai for the last few months and love it. Definitely worth checking out if you're in the market for a sit/stand desk
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
4471 posts
945 upvotes
Is this wobbly?
Let's hug it out
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10021 posts
4602 upvotes
Seems like a decent price might give it a try for the basement.thanks
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
May 17, 2007
460 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
kunamvahees wrote: So, where do we get good counter top for this table?
I got it from my office when they were doing renovations. You can get some pretty good tabletops at Habitat for Humanity (ymmv) $5.
May 17, 2007
460 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
Y2K_MASTER wrote: I've been using the smart desk 2 from www.autonomous.ai for the last few months and love it. Definitely worth checking out if you're in the market for a sit/stand desk
Primecables come with cable management tray and it's free. I went overboard and added an ikea cable organizer.