Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Primecables.ca

Electric Sit/Stand Desk Frame $179.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2019 10:18 am
Nov 14, 2012
975 posts
545 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Primecables.ca] Electric Sit/Stand Desk Frame $179.99

Primecables.ca has a low cost basic electric sit/stand desk frame on sale for $179.99
I picked this up last month when it was on sale for $199.99
It works great.
Got a bamboo tabletop from Lowes.

If you are in the market for a DIY sit/stand desk, this will be a great starting point.
28 replies
Jan 2, 2017
415 posts
586 upvotes
I have these installed on our desks at work. AMA if you want to know anything about them.

It's super cheap to convert something into a standing desk (compared to a natively standing desk), pretty easy to install, and the quality seems good.
Dec 16, 2015
252 posts
137 upvotes
BC
patroniton wrote: I have these installed on our desks at work. AMA if you want to know anything about them.

It's super cheap to convert something into a standing desk (compared to a natively standing desk), pretty easy to install, and the quality seems good.
Hey, thanks for taking the time to respond. Few questions:

Do you have the First Gen or the Second Gen?
Thinking of putting my desktop PC on this as well, slightly concerned about weight. Do you also have your desktop PC on the table along with your monitors?
Ever felt like it would topple?
Can you safely lean on it while you are standing?
what do you think about the motors, are they loud when they move?

thanks again!
Jan 2, 2017
415 posts
586 upvotes
ayogtc wrote: Hey, thanks for taking the time to respond. Few questions:

Do you have the First Gen or the Second Gen?
Thinking of putting my desktop PC on this as well, slightly concerned about weight. Do you also have your desktop PC on the table along with your monitors?
Ever felt like it would topple?
Can you safely lean on it while you are standing?
what do you think about the motors, are they loud when they move?

thanks again!
Don't know the generation sorry - my manager ordered these for our desks a few months ago if that helps.

Don't have the PC on the desk, but I wouldn't be too concerned about it as long as the desk is sturdy. When it's fully raised typing on the keyboard can create a bit of movement but it's not too bad.

You could probably lean on it front-to-back, but I wouldn't lean on it right-to-left if that makes sense. Leaning on it from the side would put a lot of stress on it where there isn't a lot of support whereas from the front/back there's more support since the mounting arms extend that way (front to back).

Oh y'know what I misread the title. These are electric - the ones we have are the manual crank ones. I'm sure they're similar build quality though. So take my experience with a grain of salt.

Hope that helps.
Nov 14, 2012
975 posts
545 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I got the gen 1.

I don't have a full desktop on it, just laptops.
It is rated for 176 lbs and my bamboo tabletop is about 50 lbs.
As long as you don't overload it, it will be fine.

The motor is not too loud but you can hear the gears moving while moving, kind of garage door opener.
Its legs are wide, I can lean up against it fine.
Dec 16, 2015
252 posts
137 upvotes
BC
patroniton wrote: Don't know the generation sorry - my manager ordered these for our desks a few months ago if that helps.

Don't have the PC on the desk, but I wouldn't be too concerned about it as long as the desk is sturdy. When it's fully raised typing on the keyboard can create a bit of movement but it's not too bad.

You could probably lean on it front-to-back, but I wouldn't lean on it right-to-left if that makes sense. Leaning on it from the side would put a lot of stress on it where there isn't a lot of support whereas from the front/back there's more support since the mounting arms extend that way (front to back).

Oh y'know what I misread the title. These are electric - the ones we have are the manual crank ones. I'm sure they're similar build quality though. So take my experience with a grain of salt.

Hope that helps.
Thanks man, appreciate it! good to know about more front-back support than left-right. i dont see alot of reason i would be leaning from left-right but its a good tip.
Dec 16, 2015
252 posts
137 upvotes
BC
chocobodavid wrote: I got the gen 1.

I don't have a full desktop on it, just laptops.
It is rated for 176 lbs and my bamboo tabletop is about 50 lbs.
As long as you don't overload it, it will be fine.

The motor is not too loud but you can hear the gears moving while moving, kind of garage door opener.
Its legs are wide, I can lean up against it fine.
Awesome, thanks for the reply. yea, i might have to get one of these then. is bamboo the lightest but also sturdy table top material you would recommend? further, whats the measurements on your bamboo top?
Jan 21, 2018
36 posts
15 upvotes
I also have this frame paired with an acacia counter top from Home Depot. https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.72-i ... 36053.html

Same thoughts as above. Sturdy, pretty easy to assemble, not too loud when moving. Also decent cable management .

My set up is mounted off center because I mounted my case underneath on the right side of the desk so that the case is out of the way yet still moves with the table. On top I have 2 monitors on a mount and a laptop. No stability issues.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
ayogtc wrote: Thanks man, appreciate it! good to know about more front-back support than left-right. i dont see alot of reason i would be leaning from left-right but its a good tip.
He was talking about a different product. The one in this post is a full desk frame, not something that installs onto an existing desk. You screw a desktop onto this frame to make a desk, and it's very sturdy, no problem leaning on it at any angle. I just got one before the sale (of course). There is no movement from typing etc.
Feb 22, 2015
42 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dual motor is the difference. I'm contemplating which is better... How slow is this one to move up and down?
Feb 22, 2015
42 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
EdwardTheBrand wrote: I also have this frame paired with an acacia counter top from Home Depot. https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.72-i ... 36053.html

Same thoughts as above. Sturdy, pretty easy to assemble, not too loud when moving. Also decent cable management .

My set up is mounted off center because I mounted my case underneath on the right side of the desk so that the case is out of the way yet still moves with the table. On top I have 2 monitors on a mount and a laptop. No stability issues.
is 6ft too big for a desk or really good?
Jun 12, 2010
844 posts
182 upvotes
Vancouver
What's the installation process like to mount the frame onto the tabletop?
Jan 21, 2018
36 posts
15 upvotes
brighteyed11 wrote: is 6ft too big for a desk or really good?
I suppose it depends on your preferences. I'm at the desk all day and enjoy the extra real estate without feeling cramped.
May 17, 2007
930 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
It so looks like this is Gen 1
Feb 22, 2015
42 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
orb2k wrote: It so looks like this is Gen 1
sale is gen 1. Is there a big factor? if so I might go get the dual motor instead...

Speed is half of the gen 2 and dual motor.
dual motor is 100kg this is 80kg
larger range of table sizes for dual motor.

Eh I got the dual motor one instead....
Nov 14, 2012
975 posts
545 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
yes, a dual motor will be able to lift more.
It might be a good idea if you plan on having a full-size desktop with custom water cooling and triple monitor setup.
I know I would down the line.
Feb 22, 2015
42 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
oh last difference I saw incase anyone is still buying it is height differences between dual motor and gen 1

Adjustable Heights of each model.
29.5" - 48" Gen1
28.7"-48.4" Gen2
24.8"-49.2" Dual Motor
Jun 12, 2010
844 posts
182 upvotes
Vancouver
What tabletops are you guys using with this?