Hot Deals

[Primecables.ca] Electronic Deadbolt Locks with Keypad for Password and Key Access $47.99 fs

[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
1843 posts
1368 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Primecables.ca] Electronic Deadbolt Locks with Keypad for Password and Key Access $47.99 fs

Electronic Deadbolt Locks on sale for $47.99
Don’t forget 2.5% cash back through ebates.
Images
  • 31C78B82-1CE1-4312-AC47-B058F726C0C3.jpeg
19 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4785 posts
1398 upvotes
i would say kind of cold since its a generic brand and kind of ugly. you can get the Kwikset Arch from Lowes for $65 when its on sale.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4675 posts
3113 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I just bought this one last week. $60, name brand and not nearly as ugly as the prime cables. I'm very happy with it so far. I bought it to replace a Schlage keypad lock that gave me nothing but problems after 6 months.

Edit: and it was half the price of the Schlage
Jul 12, 2017
21 posts
18 upvotes
Price seems good but if your worried about security stay away from this. It's most likely a very cheaply designed deadbold/cylinder.

Your better off waiting for a electronic deadbolt by schlage to come on sale or find a clearance on their older Camelot line. If you need security stay away from no name brands, wiser and kwikset. They are easier to break than you think. If you want security get yale, medco, abloy, abus, or schlage beacause it's easier to find.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1189 posts
966 upvotes
You could also use this as a side or whatever door as well if it’s that fugly
Wallet safe :rolleyes:
Dec 11, 2004
205 posts
21 upvotes
Buy the Schlage. They go on sale semi-regularly. Anything with a motor, burns through batteries like crazy. These do not have a motor and battery will last you 2 years or more! These schlages are awesome and they have great customer service.
(No I don't work for schlage...just love me deadbolt! :)

https://www.amazon.ca/Schlage-BE365-CAM ... 209&sr=8-4
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4675 posts
3113 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
nothing911 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2020 11:00 am
Price seems good but if your worried about security stay away from this. It's most likely a very cheaply designed deadbold/cylinder.

Your better off waiting for a electronic deadbolt by schlage to come on sale or find a clearance on their older Camelot line. If you need security stay away from no name brands, wiser and kwikset. They are easier to break than you think. If you want security get yale, medco, abloy, abus, or schlage beacause it's easier to find.
I'm happy with my kwikset…… but I have a 125lb Great Pyrenees waiting on the other side of the door to greet would-be burglars
believeit wrote:
Jan 11th, 2020 11:37 am
Buy the Schlage. They go on sale semi-regularly. Anything with a motor, burns through batteries like crazy. These do not have a motor and battery will last you 2 years or more! These schlages are awesome and they have great customer service.
I have had nothing but problems with mine.
Nov 28, 2011
383 posts
468 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
FYI. In addition to the convenience factor there are three different lock grades [strength], which include:
ANSI Grade 1- This is a heavy-duty commercial security lock.
ANSI Grade 2- This is a high residential security or low commercial grade.
ANSI Grade 3 - This is a basic residential security lock that meets the lowest acceptable quality standards for locks by the ANSI.
Oct 29, 2010
57 posts
58 upvotes
Quebec
Just watch out with the Schlages, yes it doesnt waste batteries, but they tend to have problems with cold weather.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3321 posts
455 upvotes
Kingston
believeit wrote:
Jan 11th, 2020 11:37 am

https://www.amazon.ca/Schlage-BE365-CAM ... 209&sr=8-4
How does it not have a motor, but it has a keypad which clearly is used to lock/unlock the door, thus it has to have some kind of motor to turn the deadbolt lock or unlock.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8878 posts
2332 upvotes
London
We need to send one to the lockpicking lawyer before recommending anyone buy it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8878 posts
2332 upvotes
London
kcorscadden wrote:
Jan 11th, 2020 3:01 pm
How does it not have a motor, but it has a keypad which clearly is used to lock/unlock the door, thus it has to have some kind of motor to turn the deadbolt lock or unlock.
From the reviews, it sounds like you need to turn the knob to lock/unlock it. The keypad controls a solenoid that frees/jams the knob's rotation.
Dec 4, 2005
450 posts
502 upvotes
Mississauga
simonchretien wrote:
Jan 11th, 2020 2:14 pm
Just watch out with the Schlages, yes it doesnt waste batteries, but they tend to have problems with cold weather.
It is correct, but it is easily fixed, multiple videos on youtube, I fixed mine in 30 min or so. Also, their customer service is excellent, I had some issues with the lock finish and asked to send me a replacement part, they send me a brand new lock instead.
Sep 8, 2002
220 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
Ottomaddox wrote:
Jan 11th, 2020 3:55 pm
From the reviews, it sounds like you need to turn the knob to lock/unlock it. The keypad controls a solenoid that frees/jams the knob's rotation.
. That’s right. On the external facing side, after punching in the code, turn the cylinder where the key is. It is actually a clever design since the majority of the power needed from a battery would have been to move the deadbolt. I’ve had mine for 10 years and it Is still working fine. Just needed refreshes of the battery.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2221 posts
694 upvotes
Ottawa
Melkor wrote:
Jan 8th, 2020 10:41 am
I just bought this one last week. $60, name brand and not nearly as ugly as the prime cables. I'm very happy with it so far. I bought it to replace a Schlage keypad lock that gave me nothing but problems after 6 months.

Edit: and it was half the price of the Schlage
I don't get this about electronic locks in North America. When I lived in Korea in 2005 my apartment had an electronic keypad, with a backlight. Slide the cover up to turn it on, punch in the number, then slide the cover back down when done. Nothing went wrong with it and that was over 1 decade ago. How are we in 2020 and I still see so many people complaining about electronic door locks not working properly? My current lock isn't great either as the backlight only blinks when I get the code wrong...and doesn't stay on. That's supposed to be a design feature :facepalm: How can it still be so hard to make keypad locks that work when mine was amazing in 2005?

iambored wrote:
Jan 11th, 2020 4:21 pm
. That’s right. On the external facing side, after punching in the code, turn the cylinder where the key is. It is actually a clever design since the majority of the power needed from a battery would have been to move the deadbolt. I’ve had mine for 10 years and it Is still working fine. Just needed refreshes of the battery.
Thats actually a nice design. But I saw that it uses a 9V battery...ugh.