Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Primecables.ca

Ergonomics Adjustable Gas Spring Desk Mount for 17"-27" LCD Monitors $49.99

[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1617 posts
1532 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC

[Primecables.ca] Ergonomics Adjustable Gas Spring Desk Mount for 17"-27" LCD Monitors $49.99

The regular price was $79.99, on sale for $49.99 till March 27, free shipping as well
Thread Summary
If you're shopping for more options, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best monitor arms!
17 replies
Oct 31, 2020
28 posts
19 upvotes
Would this be okay for an 34 "ultrawide?
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10682 posts
6056 upvotes
Toronto
PhamWam wrote: Would this be okay for an 34 "ultrawide?
No.

Design supports monitors up to 27″ wide and weigh up to 26.4 lbs
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3015 posts
1477 upvotes
Markham
Exactly what I use it for, no issue whatsoever
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Nov 3, 2003
789 posts
424 upvotes
Knowhere
A part of me always wants to know if I'm close to the lowest price. Has it been any lower recently?
Sep 14, 2011
108 posts
70 upvotes
Alberta
AlexJosh wrote: Exactly what I use it for, no issue whatsoever
I also have a 34" ultrawide that also works on this. You just need to tighten the gas spring tension.
Jul 5, 2021
111 posts
121 upvotes
You just have to make sure the weight is within the rated capacity. The width/height of the screen is irrelevant as long as the mounting point is at the center. The diagonal measurement they quote is just a reference, and potentially a way to deny you of any support if things go south. I imagine they say up to 27" because there are older 27" screens that exceed the weight limit, but anything modern should weight less than that.
Oct 11, 2020
152 posts
287 upvotes
how does it compare to the amazon basics mount?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2061 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
goodboii wrote: I also have a 34" ultrawide that also works on this. You just need to tighten the gas spring tension.
I also have a 34" ultrawide and a standing desk with a shelf on top so need to move it around when it's in standing position. With the tightened gas spring tension, is the adjusting still fairly easy or requiring more of an oumph to move it? (which would be annoying if swiveling around a lot)

i'm debating to get it because my dell monitor's built in stand already has adjustable tilt and height so I'm like, do I need this other than to move it closer and further .... and I guess aesthetics.
Sep 14, 2011
108 posts
70 upvotes
Alberta
rockthecasbah wrote: I also have a 34" ultrawide and a standing desk with a shelf on top so need to move it around when it's in standing position. With the tightened gas spring tension, is the adjusting still fairly easy or requiring more of an oumph to move it? (which would be annoying if swiveling around a lot)

i'm debating to get it because my dell monitor's built in stand already has adjustable tilt and height so I'm like, do I need this other than to move it closer and further .... and I guess aesthetics.
The arm becomes stiffer and won't move as easily but still holds up the monitor. You can move the monitor out to avoid your shelf, but I'd caution that it the arm might start to slouch and have a harder time holding it up.

Honestly might be better to just buy one off Amazon and return it if you don't like the results. Otherwise, it's better to get a more premium product if you move it often.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2061 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
goodboii wrote: The arm becomes stiffer and won't move as easily but still holds up the monitor. You can move the monitor out to avoid your shelf, but I'd caution that it the arm might start to slouch and have a harder time holding it up.

Honestly might be better to just buy one off Amazon and return it if you don't like the results. Otherwise, it's better to get a more premium product if you move it often.
Thanks for the insight! So I guess if moving the monitor out into this position could cause eventual slouching or more regular tightning of the tension. Maybe I'll try to move it just more up and down and to the side, less frontwards and backwards then...

The more premium ones, like Ergotron or the one I really like, the AVLT ones (in white, to fit the look and feel of my desk) are definitely really nice and have been monitoring the prices but not sure the cheapest being $200+ I can quite justify.

Ahh,12 hours left till this sale ends and still thinking it over. It's definitely cheaper than the recent usual sales as I've had a price alert on this thing and it used to be $74.99 and then had a 10 or 15% discount on it (so inflated regular price as of recent but bigger discount)

*edit* 12 hours later, ended up buying it. Will see how it works out and if I can mount it on the side of my desk (width side, not length side)
Last edited by rockthecasbah on Mar 27th, 2022 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11996 posts
9907 upvotes
Toronto
iSimple wrote: No.

Design supports monitors up to 27″ wide and weigh up to 26.4 lbs
The size is mostly arbitrary, weight is the main factor.

Can definitely go bigger if it’s comfortably under the weight
Jul 8, 2013
390 posts
494 upvotes
AMHERST
What about jiggle when the desk gets “bumped” (aka you put your hand on the desk to move something)?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1578 posts
466 upvotes
I have regular non gas monitor mounts. If I switch to gas ones would i have to pull the desk away from the wall to allow room for the arm?
Sep 14, 2011
108 posts
70 upvotes
Alberta
tatung wrote: I have regular non gas monitor mounts. If I switch to gas ones would i have to pull the desk away from the wall to allow room for the arm?
You won't have to move your desk away, the arm would be angled out to the side.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1578 posts
466 upvotes
goodboii wrote: You won't have to move your desk away, the arm would be angled out to the side.
How about for a double mount and two 27" monitors.
Sep 14, 2011
108 posts
70 upvotes
Alberta
tatung wrote: How about for a double mount and two 27" monitors.
Yea it'd be the same thing, they both would be just out in opposite ways. You should be fine.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2061 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
Updating this thread now that it’s moved to expired hot deals:
I received it in 2 days after buying it Sunday and installed it yesterday. Works great with my 34” ultra wide and I managed to mount it on the width part of my desk. Installation instructions were on the product page and fairly easy to follow along with. BUT the instructions showed the tilt adjustment as near the swivel adjustment so I was like I can’t see it! And took off the monitor again to see if I was missing something, turns out it was on the bottom.

But aesthetically, looks great with my white desk and easy to adjust when I move from sitting to standing.

Recommend it if you’re on the fence and another sale happens.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)