Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Primecables.ca

Extra 15% OFF on PrimeCables® USB-C Type-C

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2018 12:22 pm
Banned
Nov 29, 2015
1424 posts
524 upvotes
Brossard, QC

[Primecables.ca] Extra 15% OFF on PrimeCables® USB-C Type-C

Extra 15% OFF on PrimeCables® USB-C Type-C

Coupon: PCfriend

Valid From 10:00 AM 11 October to 10:00 AM 12 October 2018 EST
*Extra 15% OFF would be issued by applying Coupon
*Coupon Valid only on the Type-c listed on this page
17 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2009
1195 posts
438 upvotes
Vancouver
Still seems expensive. ******** has similar cables for $1.50.
Mar 9, 2011
549 posts
204 upvotes
Coquitlam
blankall wrote: Still seems expensive. ******** has similar cables for $1.50.
Yes please advise on where I can find them for $1.50.
Jan 18, 2006
545 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
syriangamer wrote: Which site? All i see are stars
I wouldn't expect anything less from that user name tho
Nov 27, 2005
342 posts
326 upvotes
It's a site that's banned on RFD. (S)he meant well.
Jan 18, 2006
545 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
Diploneis wrote: It's a site that's banned on RFD. (S)he meant well.
Is there a reference list on what sites are banned on rfd for our own reference?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
redplanet wrote: Is there a reference list on what sites are banned on rfd for our own reference?
I dont get how sites can be banned... you can purchase from them or not... talk about a bit controlling.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
U4IA wrote: I dont get how sites can be banned... you can purchase from them or not... talk about a bit controlling.
I believe it's a certain site that sells the best gear. They were banned for advertising without paying RFD? Not sure though.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
rugerty100 wrote: I believe it's a certain site that sells the best gear. They were banned for advertising without paying RFD? Not sure though.
Interesting.... I used to get all my cables from monoprice, but now just usually get them from amazon, or even amazon warehouse deals.
Jan 18, 2006
545 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
rugerty100 wrote: I believe it's a certain site that sells the best gear. They were banned for advertising without paying RFD? Not sure though.
lol nicely played! Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2332 posts
710 upvotes
Alberta
U4IA wrote: Interesting.... I used to get all my cables from monoprice, but now just usually get them from amazon, or even amazon warehouse deals.
I use to use Monoprice, but their shipping got more expensive. For the most part, you can get a comparable with Primecables, or sometimes even the actual Monoprice item.
Nov 6, 2006
361 posts
307 upvotes
Coquitlam
I'll give a vote to primecables too. I used to buy from monoprice, then amazon, now I prefer primecables for price. Cables arent bad either. I had one go bad some months after purchase, lots of use, and Primecables shipped out a new one under warranty without much hassle.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12013 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
blankall wrote: Still seems expensive. ******** has similar cables for $1.50.
the question is are they true 3 or 3.1 and rated for 3 amps. Or are they just micro usb cables with usb-c tip with god knows what awg cable inside.

Many just buy what Benson has pretested @ amazon. Thats atleast thats some form of litmus test vs unknown china cables(much like buying sd cards).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/profile/amzn1 ... tr?ie=UTF8
Last edited by lead on Oct 12th, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12013 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
U4IA wrote: I dont get how sites can be banned... you can purchase from them or not... talk about a bit controlling.
I think there was more to it. Like abusing hot deal section for fake reviews for a profit by the poster(free items) and the site and at a price limited to the first few etc etc.
Nov 26, 2015
887 posts
670 upvotes
Ontario
lead wrote: the question is are they true 3 or 3.1 and rated for 3 amps. Or are they just micro usb cables with usb-c tip with god knows what awg cable inside.

Many just buy what Benson has pretested @ amazon. Thats atleast thats some form of litmus test vs unknown china cables(much like buying sd cards).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/profile/amzn1 ... tr?ie=UTF8
I have a few of the type C from primecables and from what I experienced, they are quite good. The cable itself is much thicker than any of my other cables (including original OEM with phone). The connectors are solid and seems of good quality (equivalent to amazonbasics at least). Using a 2A wall charger, the app I use "Accubattery" reports my screen off charge current is 2.5Ah average. I would go with amazon cables and primecables for a little more $ over the $1.50 wait forever to get cables.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
lead wrote: I think there was more to it. Like abusing hot deal section for fake reviews for a profit by the poster(free items) and the site and at a price limited to the first few etc etc.
I suppose...but I though the 3Camel site was also blocked all the time, and its just a price tracker...

Regardless, way way off topic. I'll stick with Amazon for now as I can just throw one in with another order to save on shipping..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)