Expired Hot Deals

[Primecables.ca] Orvibo Scene Controller & Motion Sensor on Sale $24.99 & $14.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2019 4:33 am
[OP]
Nov 8, 2012
310 posts
338 upvotes
TORONTO

[Primecables.ca] Orvibo Scene Controller & Motion Sensor on Sale $24.99 & $14.99

Saw the scene controller and the motion sensor on sale at primecables.ca. Scene controller is 50% off while the motion sensor is 30% off at $14.99. The controller requires a neutral, hot and ground wires. Since this is a scene controller load should not be connected. In smartthings a device handler is available to act as a 7 button device that can be used to set off additional automation.

The motion sensor is zigbee and similarly priced to the Xiaomi sensors that the smartthings community loves.

Both are zigbee devices and the controller will act as a repeater.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1136 posts
1093 upvotes
Anyone know if this would work with Wink?
[OP]
Nov 8, 2012
310 posts
338 upvotes
TORONTO
lleb13 wrote: Anyone know if this would work with Wink?
Yes it does.

Edit : reading up on Wink. Only if you can use custom device handlers. Not that familiar with Wink unfortunately.
Last edited by maniac2403 on Jul 24th, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1136 posts
1093 upvotes
maniac2403 wrote: Yes it does.
Awesome, did you need the Orvibo hub or did it work as is?
[OP]
Nov 8, 2012
310 posts
338 upvotes
TORONTO
lleb13 wrote: Awesome, did you need the Orvibo hub or did it work as is?
It works directly with any hub that supports zigbee. Wink, Smartthings etc. No need of orvibo hub.

Edit: I'm reading reviews that wink does not allow custom device handlers. Scene controller will not work with Wink. I'm using it with ST.
Feb 6, 2015
152 posts
54 upvotes
calgary
maniac2403 wrote: It works directly with any hub that supports zigbee. Wink, Smartthings etc. No need of orvibo hub.

Edit: I'm reading reviews that wink does not allow custom device handlers. Scene controller will not work with Wink. I'm using it with ST.
How reliable it is with ST? I have couple of zigbee aqara sensors, and they tend to un-pair from time to time (not all, only some).
[OP]
Nov 8, 2012
310 posts
338 upvotes
TORONTO
AleksandarT704 wrote: How reliable it is with ST? I have couple of zigbee aqara sensors, and they tend to un-pair from time to time (not all, only some).
For me, all aqara sensors have been reliable over the 6 months. One orvibo motion sensor that I have with ST has been reliable but only had it for a couple of months. They need a custom DH to make the most of it.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3182 posts
864 upvotes
Mississauga
for those that have this working with ST...what are some of the use cases you have the scenes set up for?
[OP]
Nov 8, 2012
310 posts
338 upvotes
TORONTO
Tig wrote: for those that have this working with ST...what are some of the use cases you have the scenes set up for?
I have a scene controller near my basement entrance. One button is set up to dim my spot lights, turn on my philips ambiance lighting, turn on my TV and set my box to kodi, and announce via Google home "Don't forget to grab a beer" if it's pressed in the evening. With ST, there is a limitless possibility to what you can do.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3182 posts
864 upvotes
Mississauga
maniac2403 wrote: I have a scene controller near my basement entrance. One button is set up to dim my spot lights, turn on my philips ambiance lighting, turn on my TV and set my box to kodi, and announce via Google home "Don't forget to grab a beer" if it's pressed in the evening. With ST, there is a limitless possibility to what you can do.
Lol...in for 1. Thanks for the great feedback man.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2778 upvotes
maniac2403 wrote: I have a scene controller near my basement entrance. One button is set up to dim my spot lights, turn on my philips ambiance lighting, turn on my TV and set my box to kodi, and announce via Google home "Don't forget to grab a beer" if it's pressed in the evening. With ST, there is a limitless possibility to what you can do.
How do you get Google Home to make an announcement?
[OP]
Nov 8, 2012
310 posts
338 upvotes
TORONTO
Exp315 wrote: How do you get Google Home to make an announcement?
Via node.js implementation for ST. Check out cast web for Google home, pretty awesome stuff.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3842 posts
1375 upvotes
Montreal
fattymccraigs wrote: It looks like the smart light switch is also on sale for $14.99.

https://www.primecables.ca/p-360930-cab ... #sku370887

I'm interested, but I can't find any information about this being CSA or UL certified. Anyone with firsthand experience know if these devices are regsitered?

Thanks.
Those have been oos for over a week. There is a separate thread about them. They are not csa/ul certified, but reports on them are pretty good. I've had mine working well with smartthings for a couple of weeks. Happy so far.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3842 posts
1375 upvotes
Montreal
maniac2403 wrote: Saw the scene controller and the motion sensor on sale at primecables.ca. Scene controller is 50% off while the motion sensor is 30% off at $14.99. The controller requires a neutral, hot and ground wires. Since this is a scene controller load should not be connected. In smartthings a device handler is available to act as a 7 button device that can be used to set off additional automation.

The motion sensor is zigbee and similarly priced to the Xiaomi sensors that the smartthings community loves.

Both are zigbee devices and the controller will act as a repeater.
Which st device handler did you use?