• Nov 27th, 2017 10:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2384 posts
1155 upvotes

[Primecables.ca] Orvibo® Smart Wifi Power Outlet S25 $9.99 ships free

Orvibo® Smart Wifi Power Outlet S25, ships free today only
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
12 replies
Aug 27, 2009
945 posts
788 upvotes
The app is decent (I have a camera).
I would buy this is a heartbeat if it worked with Alexa... I don't think it does (?)
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2773 upvotes
Great price, but unless you have a specific use in mind for it, it's probably better to buy a TP-Link HS105 mini at the moment. It's more compact and works with everything.

I have a similar Sonoff S20 plug from the DD4 sale, and while it does work with Google Home, it's too bulky (blocks the other outlet) and it's exasperating that I can't use it in any of my IFTTT or Stringify routines.

However if you just want an electronic timer with multi-on/off times and remote app control, this will work fine and probably be cheaper and easier to use than any standalone electronic timer.
Last edited by Exp315 on Nov 24th, 2017 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 15, 2017
132 posts
37 upvotes
Ontario
Exp315 wrote: Great price, but unless you have a specific use in mind that it will be fine for, it's probably better to buy a TP-Link HS105 mini at the moment. It's more compact and works with everything.

I have a similar Sonoff S20 plug from the DD4 sale, and while it does work with Google Home, it's too bulky (blocks the other outlet) and it's exasperating that I can't use it in any of my IFTTT or Stringify routines.
Does it work with Google Home?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2384 posts
1155 upvotes
Exp315 wrote: Great price, but unless you have a specific use in mind that it will be fine for, it's probably better to buy a TP-Link HS105 mini at the moment. It's more compact and works with everything.

Returns are free with primecables. My concern is that it’s rated 10amps only. I needed one for my Crown amp and am worried that it might not be able to handle the peaks...
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2773 upvotes
djredhat wrote: My concern is that it’s rated 10amps only. I needed one for my Crown amp and am worried that it might not be able to handle the peaks...
I wouldn't worry about peaks on an audio amp. A short output peak from an audio amp comes from its capacitors, which act as a power-averaging buffer, so it probably wouldn't even be visible at the power input. Also these switches almost all use a mechanical relay, so very short current peaks would be pretty much invisible to them. It's the average that counts.
Last edited by Exp315 on Nov 24th, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 20, 2005
97 posts
37 upvotes
Calgary
Their site says it works with Alexa (via Home Mate), so I ordered 2.

Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1854 posts
627 upvotes
TO
I don't think it works with Home Assistant :(
Wins
2015: 69.99$
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1505 posts
987 upvotes
Surrey
Thanks. Got one to use for my christmas tree lights. The plug is located behind the tree and is hard to reach to shut off at night. This should fix that!
Koodo $40/8gb $35/5gb wireless plans//
Jan 23, 2008
899 posts
433 upvotes
Does this work with Google Home unofficially? Via bridge?

I know it's only officially Alexa but I've been looking for homebridge support and it's only for the S20 (version before this) and not S25. Has anyone taken more time to research and have more insight for Google Assistant?
Jan 23, 2008
899 posts
433 upvotes
Anyone want two?

Impulse bought them but after reading they don't work with Google Home. Not really interested in keeping them and returning them would hit me w/ a restocking fee.

I'm located in the Markham area and will be glad to sell them to you at cost.

Lmk - PM me