Expired Hot Deals

[Primecables.ca] PrimeCables® 2.1 Bluetooth Multimedia Stereo Powered Speaker and Subwoofer Set $29.99

[OP]
Banned
Nov 29, 2015
1424 posts
521 upvotes
Brossard, QC

[Primecables.ca] PrimeCables® 2.1 Bluetooth Multimedia Stereo Powered Speaker and Subwoofer Set $29.99

2.1 Bluetooth Multimedia Stereo Powered Speaker and Subwoofer Set - PrimeCables®
Desktop Speaker set for PC, Smartphone or other portable 3.5mm and Bluetooth devices

Image

product highlights

Quality 2.1 speaker system with built-in amplifier
10 Watt of acoustic power with 4" woofer and 3" satellites
Streaming music wirelessly with the latest Bluetooth technology
Connects easily to Smartphone, Tablet, CD/DVD player, Mp3/4 player and PC/Notebook
Specially designed woofer cabinet with a bass reflex port for deeper bass
Sound quality MDF wood cabinet for minimum distortion
Front panel volume and bass control for quick access
Quality wooden satellites for clear treble effects

Can I put the Subwoofer on the floor? I don't have space on my desktop. It should be fine.
24 replies
Member
Mar 9, 2015
219 posts
129 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Damn, bought them last week... Not even received then yet.

Good price, thanks for posting!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
16944 posts
6112 upvotes
lekidyyc wrote: Damn, bought them last week... Not even received then yet.

Good price, thanks for posting!
You paid full price which is an extra $5.
You have brought shame to your RFD brethren. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Joking aside it does look decent, wattage is sufficient for computer use and it has Bluetooth which is an interesting bonus at this price range. I am also looking for speakers but i'm big on sound quality so i'm undecided if this is what i need. My experience has been with PrimeCables is you get what you pay for, it costs less but you get lower end. In many cases this is sufficient, i have worn out cables from them that cost a fraction of buying them elsewhere and sizes i rarely see elsewhere.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Member
Mar 9, 2015
219 posts
129 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Quentin5 wrote: You have brought shame to your RFD brethren. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Well, I opened a chat session an asked for price protection, unshamefully (it is a word?!)... Their answer:
Thanks for waiting! As per our price matching policy, since it is within seven days that you purchased the item, we can refund the difference in price as store credit for you to use on a future order.

I guess their customer service is quite good!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
16944 posts
6112 upvotes
lekidyyc wrote: Well, I opened a chat session an asked for price protection, unshamefully (it is a word?!)... Their answer:
Thanks for waiting! As per our price matching policy, since it is within seven days that you purchased the item, we can refund the difference in price as store credit for you to use on a future order.

I guess their customer service is quite good!
Your shame is now commuted Winking Face
Do let us know what the sound quality is like, i am curious.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Banned
Oct 13, 2015
1245 posts
826 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
If you have $115 in cart, don't forget to use the code: Primecables
Get extra $15 off
Newbie
Jul 19, 2012
19 posts
69 upvotes
It should be noted that if the aux cable is plugged in, Bluetooth can't be used. This could be annoying if you're switching between aux and Bluetooth a lot. I can't see myself liking the idea of plugging and unplugging the aux cable so gonna pass on this. Seems like a good deal otherwise. Thanks, OP.
speakers.png
Last edited by dolcedor on Mar 5th, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
16944 posts
6112 upvotes
dolcedor wrote: It should be noted that if the aux cable is plugged in, Bluetooth can't be used. This could be annoying if you're switching between aux and Bluetooth a lot. I can't see myself liking the idea of plugging and unplugging the aux cable so gonna pass on this. Seems like a good deal otherwise. Thanks, OP.

speakers.png
Thats ridiculous design
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
15495 posts
16737 upvotes
AUX isn't necessary on a lower-end PC 2.1 audio setup. I know it's heresy, but Bluetooth is just fine.
Newbie
Dec 13, 2009
99 posts
55 upvotes
Got this on boxing day. The bluetooth receiver in the unit has pretty limited range and gets very choppy when a few meters from the device. Otherwise the sound quality is great IMO.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 6, 2007
1180 posts
471 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Quentin5 wrote:
I am also looking for speakers but i'm big on sound quality
If you are big on sound quality, do you think this is the way to go?

How much is your budget?

Wouldn't it be better to get a mini amp and a real pair of speakers?

Pioneer SP-BS22-LR
Micca MB42X
Micca MB42
Dayton Audio B452
Dayton Audio B452-Air
Dayton Audio B652

or powered speakers
Edifier R1280T
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
16944 posts
6112 upvotes
reggielist wrote: If you are big on sound quality, do you think this is the way to go?
Not really but i try to keep an open mind.
How much is your budget?
Thats the problem, not much
Though i have looked at these.
https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-21 ... d/520-aake
There are no real professional level reviews on it.
Wouldn't it be better to get a mini amp and a real pair of speakers?

Pioneer SP-BS22-LR
Micca MB42X
Micca MB42
Dayton Audio B452
Dayton Audio B452-Air
Dayton Audio B652

or powered speakers
Edifier R1280T
It comes down to cost and trouble involved.
I currently have an old set of Cambridge Soundworks speakers, they have been having some problems over the years, one cut out (loose wire internally), the subwoofer has contact issues in the bass adjustment so cuts out occasionally, and so forth, They still work but i want to replace before they die for good being over 20 years old now and many thousands of hours of use on them.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people

Top