Expired Hot Deals

[Primecables.ca] primecables.ca Zigbee Door/Window and Motion Sensors on Clearance $7.99/each

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2019 10:08 am
Jun 25, 2007
204 posts
43 upvotes
Scarborough
repatch wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 12:00 pm
North of Toronto, got pretty bloody cold this past winter.

I honestly don't know what battery is in it, haven't had to replace it! So battery life is good IMHO.
I use an outdoor sensor and wire it with my regular outdoor light, its easy to setup and works pretty well. You can find cheaper ones on eBay, I just randomly pull the first one found.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/180-LED-Outdoo ... 3295101057
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4655 posts
1058 upvotes
Vancouver
Phils wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 12:24 pm
I also use these with ST and the custom Orvibo device handlers to set them both up.
Setup was very straightforward.

These prices are great. I paid about $5 more each.
I suspect it would be difficult to get them to work with Wink.
I also think using them outside will be a bad idea unless they are really sheltered.

As for texts, etc., I receive a text every time my front door opens based on the contact sensor, Smartthings, and Alexa. Alexa also announces: "Door Open".

As for their hub, you would most likely have to use their app with it which didn't get good reviews when I was looking at it.
how do you set it up to get a text and announcement by alexa? I have smartthings
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
5967 posts
2014 upvotes
Moncton, NB
repatch wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 11:48 am
It is not waterproof, however, I do have one mounted outside under an overhang (turns on the back deck lights automatically) and it's been fine for almost a year.

20190622_114456_HDR.jpg

As for notifications, that depends on your hub.
thanks. My wife wants to get notified when people arive at home since she has a daycare. I have a place I can put it that should be good. I might order a few :)

thanks.
Dec 18, 2005
633 posts
447 upvotes
Montreal
kuzi wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 12:08 pm
does this work with the original wink hub?
stilltippin wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 12:21 pm
Wondering too - seems to support Zigbee
I don't think so. Wink hub is pretty restrictive on what it allows to connect. SmartThings allows for more customization. I just bought a SmartThings hub to replace my original Wink hub for this reason (haven't installed it yet, though). The only downside to SmartThings is it doesn't allow for Lutron Caseta to natively communicate as Wink does. This is a feature I thought I'd use a lot since my light switches have no neutral and Caseta is one of the only switches that works without one. I've yet to buy a Caseta (they are quite expensive!), so the feature won't be missed.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
5967 posts
2014 upvotes
Moncton, NB
now I wish there was a free shipping code so I can use some store credits :)
Sep 16, 2013
720 posts
388 upvotes
SW ON
Tabooger wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 11:58 am
Not sure where you live, how's the battery life during winter? I had the ST motion sensor outside in the same location and it died within a month.
The product pictures and specs show 2 AA alkaline batteries. Lithium AA (non-rechargeable) would work best in freezing temperatures and also last forever.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1240 posts
608 upvotes
Earth
repatch wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 11:34 am
Been using these for months with Smartthings, no issues.
While the page says it only works with their hub it's not true, they work fine with others.
Pretty much as cheap as the Xiaomi options, except this is from Montreal, shipping is super fast (usually a day or two).
Shipping is free over $50.

Just to be clear: a HUB is REQUIRED to use these. Most support Zigbee without issue.

Zigbee Motion Sensor
73% Off:
https://www.primecables.ca/p-362219-lvs ... livingwise

Zigbee Door/Window Sensor
50% Off:
https://www.primecables.ca/p-362220-lvs ... livingwise
Is the ZigBee hub good, if starting out? Seems like a decent price at $10 clearance price.
Zoomer Wireless: $45 6GB 4G LTE
Public Mobile
Nov 20, 2010
94 posts
52 upvotes
Thanks op. Sadly the shipping is a deal killer for me. Definitely wanted to pick up some door sensors.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
4970 posts
799 upvotes
Montreal
hesp wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 12:50 pm
how do you set it up to get a text and announcement by alexa? I have smartthings
I setup a routine in Alexa where contact sensor opens, the action is to announce and send a text.

I have a similar routine where Alexa notifies me with voice and a text if there's a leak under my kitchen sink. However, that's using a Samsung water sensor.
Last edited by Phils on Jul 5th, 2019 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phils
Jan 21, 2018
675 posts
600 upvotes
Vancouver
Let me point out a very good deal within this sale: Hub + Dimmer Switch $19.99! (select Switch + Hub option)

So essentially you are getting an extra $5 off the sale price of buying both separately.
Last edited by Scote64 on Jun 22nd, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 21, 2018
675 posts
600 upvotes
Vancouver
nounou23 wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 2:36 pm
now I wish there was a free shipping code so I can use some store credits :)
There is always a free shipping code for new customers, although you may have to search Google or previous RFD threads to find it (try https://www.primecables.ca/topic-380-fr ... rimecables). Not sure how they determine New Customer - could be address or credit card number.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4655 posts
1058 upvotes
Vancouver
Phils wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 3:33 pm
I setup a routine in Alexa where contact sensor opens, the action is to announce and send a a text.

I have a similar routine where Alexa notifies me with voice and a text if there's a leak under my kitchen sink. However, that's using a Samsung water sensor.

Cool thanks
Sep 3, 2007
615 posts
42 upvotes
Aurora
Thanks OP (Thanked/up voted)
Just this morning I was on GB site looking to buy 3 motion and 3 door sensors for just over $50 US.
Here , I was able to get the same for just over $50 CAD!!
Used pcback10 to get 10% off.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1344 posts
1242 upvotes
Alberta
bonegraft wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 4:01 pm
I want to buy 5 Zigbee Motion Sensors.
I do not have any hub!
I am a newbie in this smart sensor things....
Could anyone kindly tell me how many LivingWise Zigbee Hub do I need ? 5 ?

Thanks!
You would only need one hub.