Expired Hot Deals

[Primecables.ca] primecables.ca Zigbee Door/Window and Motion Sensors on Clearance $7.99/each

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2019 10:08 am
Jan 2, 2014
526 posts
171 upvotes
lsafrany wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 4:53 pm
Just the door sensors - I had read the motion sensors had issues
Yea, they are showing up as vibration detection and then just stay active... probably more so to do with the zigbee py so maybe they will fix it sometime.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
4953 posts
794 upvotes
Montreal
That doesn't happen to me using the custom device handler in ST.
Phils
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
1910 posts
511 upvotes
repatch wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 1:56 pm
No reason you can't paint them. Take them apart, remove the plastic lens and circuit board, spray-paint the casings, and assemble.
yeah , suppose you're right and I could likely find a closer color to match the brick
Jan 21, 2018
646 posts
520 upvotes
Vancouver
Not easily. The Livingwise (or Orvibo HomeMate) app will sound its own audible alarm if a sensor is triggered, but it has no built-in ability to output anything to the camera or anywhere else. The only thing it can control internally is its own lights and switches.

It's not impossible though. If you have an Android automation app like Tasker that can monitor notifications from other apps and trigger actions, you could set it up to see the motion sensor activated notification from the Livingwise/HomeMate app and and play an audio file to the camera speaker as the resulting action. The camera speaker may not be very loud as an alarm though.
Mar 17, 2002
35 posts
I was able to connect my door/window sensors without a device handler to smartthings, but i have a question about the s31 sockets.

They detected fine through the Homemate app/Google home, but is there a way to use them with IFTTT?

I'm using a door sensor to light my garage led tube lights, the current wifi socket i'm using is very unreliable, was hoping to replace with the S31, but i cant seem to use IFTTT?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5593 posts
9377 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
Phils wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 6:55 am
It was posted earlier that custom handers may no longer be needed. However, if you do need them, here is the thread:

https://community.smartthings.com/t/bet ... nsor/46937
Thx but I don't know what to do/how to add custom handlers and need detailed steps. That page is like greek to me ....

And if you don't need them, how do you add/discover the device to smartthings? I went into the smartthings app and selected 'add a thing' but the app didn't see the motion sensor. I went under add manually but there is is no living wise/orvibo motion sensor listed.
Any help would be appreciated.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
4953 posts
794 upvotes
Montreal
Actually, the link should give step by step instructions.

I'll give you a short précis which summarizes the key steps but might be missing a step or 2.

The first thing is to create and publish the device handler by going to your graph page in a browser, selecting the "My device handlers tab and clicking "Create New Device handler".
Choose "from Code" and paste the code from the .groovy file.
Then choose Create and Publish for me.

Then create the sensor and link it at the bottom with the device handler you just created.

Your new device should appear in the app. If you're not sure about details, take a look at Dave Gutheinz's instructions for TP-Link devices. Obviously, the devices are different and there's no need for a "Manager" but the process to fill the fields and create and use a handler is very similar. The main difference is that for TP-Link, Dave uses a Manager to find new devices. You'll set them up yourself in this case.
Images
  • Device Handler.jpg
  • Device.jpg
Phils
Jan 21, 2018
646 posts
520 upvotes
Vancouver
samiam wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 7:45 am
I was able to connect my door/window sensors without a device handler to smartthings, but i have a question about the s31 sockets.

They detected fine through the Homemate app/Google home, but is there a way to use them with IFTTT?

I'm using a door sensor to light my garage led tube lights, the current wifi socket i'm using is very unreliable, was hoping to replace with the S31, but i cant seem to use IFTTT?
I haven't tested the Primecables/Orvibo S31 sockets, but these are just a rebranding of the widely-used generic Sonoff S31 sockets. You could try the app eWeLink, which is the normal management app furnished with the generic S31 sockets. Sockets registered with eWeLink can be controlled by IFTTT.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5593 posts
9377 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
Thank you Phils for your reply. I was able to get it working finally. Here's how I did it for anybody else with a smartthings hub and these LVS-SN10ZW Livingwise /Orvibo motion sensors:

It didn't need a device handler. When in the app under 'Add a Thing", I selected 'add device manually' and selected sensor -> motion sensor -> samsung smartthings motion sensor. When it found it, it was recognized as the Orvibo motion sensor!

To create an automation routine, I selected a light to turn on, and then selected 'automatically perform this routine when 'things start happening' and under 'when there's motion in any of these sensors', I selected the new motion sensor.

To turn off the light, in another automation routine, I selected the same light and then selected 'automatically perform this routine when 'things quiet down' and under 'when there's no motion in any of these sensors', I selected the new motion sensor and under 'for this amount of time (in minutes), I set a the number of minutes after which it will turn off.
I now have a smart motion senored light!
Aug 15, 2013
779 posts
395 upvotes
Guelph
pathfinder35 wrote:
Jul 14th, 2019 1:46 pm
Thank you Phils for your reply. I was able to get it working finally. Here's how I did it for anybody else with a smartthings hub and these LVS-SN10ZW Livingwise /Orvibo motion sensors:

It didn't need a device handler. When in the app under 'Add a Thing", I selected 'add device manually' and selected sensor -> motion sensor -> samsung smartthings motion sensor. When it found it, it was recognized as the Orvibo motion sensor!

To create an automation routine, I selected a light to turn on, and then selected 'automatically perform this routine when 'things start happening' and under 'when there's motion in any of these sensors', I selected the new motion sensor.

To turn off the light, in another automation routine, I selected the same light and then selected 'automatically perform this routine when 'things quiet down' and under 'when there's no motion in any of these sensors', I selected the new motion sensor and under 'for this amount of time (in minutes), I set a the number of minutes after which it will turn off.
I now have a smart motion senored light!
So was able to add the sensor. but its not doing anything. Like its not showing any activity/motion, the battery % it shows at 0%. Am i missing some step to properly link it so it shows activity?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
4953 posts
794 upvotes
Montreal
Look it up in the IDE and take a look if there any events.

Also take a look at live logging for the device and see if anything shows there.

If not, try deleting it and re-adding.
If that doesn't work, try the custom device handler. If that doesn't work maybe it's defective.
Phils
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5593 posts
9377 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
dundeal wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 11:37 pm
So was able to add the sensor. but its not doing anything. Like its not showing any activity/motion, the battery % it shows at 0%. Am i missing some step to properly link it so it shows activity?
What Phils said. Also, are the batteries good? There should be a flash of a green ring of light visible on the sensor when it sensors motion (or when you push the button) as in this video.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4119 posts
778 upvotes
Wat
dundeal wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 11:37 pm
I'm in the same boat as you. Can add it, but I see 0% battery and no motion activity.

I've tried deleting/readding, using regular handler and custom handler. I opened up the second motion sensor I bought and the same thing happens. Really stumped here.