Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Primecables.ca

primecables.ca Zigbee Door/Window and Motion Sensors on Clearance $7.99/each

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2019 8:04 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2016
1499 posts
2036 upvotes
Carp
Scote64 wrote: Thanks for the additional confirmation that Livingwise gear is the same as Orvibo for app compatibility.

Two things are unclear about your attempt to get the camera working with Google Home. First, GH doesn't have "skills", that's Alexa, Are you confusing the two, or did you just mean it seemed to be recognized by GH? Second, I think Google wants you to use their Nest cameras, and they don't have very good support for any other type of camera in general. None of my 4 cameras of different brands work with GH.
Oh - I just went with the name "skill" based off the description lol https://assistant.google.com/services/a ... 4?hl=en-US
The HomeMate Connect skill allows you to control your home-automation controller from Universal Devices.This enables you to control your devices,light,switch,smart socket from your Google Home.
It seemed to be recognized by Google. I got no error messages ... but as I said, nothing new popped up on my google assistant so the camera's were in fact not added. Good to know about the fact other camera's don't work either, it seems more likely that it's not the HomeMate "skill" or the camera's, but in fact Google. Cheers!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
Howitzer1 wrote: Oh - I just went with the name "skill" based off the description lol https://assistant.google.com/services/a ... 4?hl=en-US
I see that. Looks like the descriptions in the Google database are provided by the manufacturers, and Orvibo chose to use the word "skill", probably because they were writing the description for both Alexa and Google.

The problem with searching for whether any of these Livingwise products are compatible with other home automation services is not only that they are a local re-brand of Orvibo, but that the vast majority of links point to Orvibo's standard WiFi products. There is pretty much zero information on how their Zigbee devices paired with their hub work with other services. The answer may be "They don't.", but I'll try some things and post any answers I find when I finally get mine.
Jul 4, 2017
242 posts
444 upvotes
Tapout123 wrote: ~$300 USD for a starter kit, ~$30 USD for a window sensor, $100 USD for a camera and a yearly subscription fee for detailed monitoring and any kind of support. Was your $600 in CAD or USD? And what did you get for that (# and type of sensors)?

Not exactly cheap, and I think Samsung (which most of these devices are being sold to work with) qualifies as more than a "wannabe DIY home security company"
The starter kit is 200USD. I got extra sensors, motion detector, keypad and an alarm. It came out to 600USD with cellular backup. I never said it was cheap, it's actually quite expensive, but the quality is top notch, both hardware and software.
Nov 8, 2012
442 posts
512 upvotes
Burlington, ON
redkulat wrote: I'm curious as well. I've had success setting up generic Z-wave devices with the Wink V2 hub. I just checked the Wink app and I can't find a way to add a custom Zigbee device.
Wynk is primarily for users who want the simplicity and is a closed system. If you want the flexibility look at smartthings or hubitat.
Aug 22, 2007
745 posts
581 upvotes
smartthings hub on sale for $79.99 at Lowes. Signup for the lowes coupon to save $10 off $50
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4993 posts
6152 upvotes
Hey guys,

My fam will be away for a month. When we return, we will always have someone home, so I want to put in a new temporary system just for a month. While we are away, we want to monitor our home in case someone breaks in. We already have an existing old alarm system in place that is not monitored, but we want to keep an eye while we are away just for a short period of time.

What's the best approach for self-monitoring with cost and convenience in mind?

We would like the system to notify us immediately if someone breaks in via. our mobile phones. Thanks!
Jul 13, 2007
399 posts
192 upvotes
Calgary
h41t3r wrote: smartthings hub on sale for $79.99 at Lowes. Signup for the lowes coupon to save $10 off $50
Is this online? I couldn't find a link to this, it shows $99 for me.
Nov 27, 2004
991 posts
90 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: Hey guys,

My fam will be away for a month. When we return, we will always have someone home, so I want to put in a new temporary system just for a month. While we are away, we want to monitor our home in case someone breaks in. We already have an existing old alarm system in place that is not monitored, but we want to keep an eye while we are away just for a short period of time.

What's the best approach for self-monitoring with cost and convenience in mind?

We would like the system to notify us immediately if someone breaks in via. our mobile phones. Thanks!
You can try the Konnected Interface for an existing alarm system

https://konnected.io/collections/in-sto ... ty-systems
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
4927 posts
17525 upvotes
TORONTO
Tapout123 wrote: ~$300 USD for a starter kit, ~$30 USD for a window sensor, $100 USD for a camera and a yearly subscription fee for detailed monitoring and any kind of support. Was your $600 in CAD or USD? And what did you get for that (# and type of sensors)?

Not exactly cheap, and I think Samsung (which most of these devices are being sold to work with) qualifies as more than a "wannabe DIY home security company"
Lol, they purposely don't provide a comparison with Smartthings.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
1130 posts
424 upvotes
Oakville
How could this be configured to interface with a monitoring firm?

Please advise?
Nov 8, 2012
442 posts
512 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Lobloco wrote: How could this be configured to interface with a monitoring firm?

Please advise?
This is more for your own smart home and will not interface with monitoring firms unfortunately. They have their own hardware.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41797 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe

Not sure what he bought, but I bought the 10pc kit, which came with 5 window/door sensors and two motion sensors, including the base, keyboard and z-wave range extender.
Being a subscriber already, I got an additional 10% off and paid USD $233 all in.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1785 upvotes
Montreal
If you want something simple and inexpensive for security, I use a Canary Pro system in my condo.

https://canary.is/

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Canary-View-Ind ... SwlLlb25Pp

I bought mine as a refurb and it works well in my environment. Best Buy advertised a refurb for $69 recently but I don't see it on their site now.

Monitoring is $100US per year but you don't absolutely need to subscribe. They offer a free 30 day trial which will cover your trip. They also offer a $20US promo code for annual monitoring if you want it.

Although it isn't necessary, I have it hooked up to my ST system and can turn it on and off with my voice through Alexa.
Phils
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11269 upvotes
TurboTronix wrote: Anyone knows of this works with xiaomi aqara gateway?
No. Like most hubs, that one only works with it's own devices.

If you want a hub that takes devices from pretty much anywhere, go SmartThings.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)