Hot Deals

[Primecables.ca] PrimeCables Sit Stand Height Adjustable Desk (effectively $200 after 10% off and S-Points bonus)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2020 9:23 pm
[OP]
Jul 25, 2010
552 posts
316 upvotes
Vancouver

[Primecables.ca] PrimeCables Sit Stand Height Adjustable Desk (effectively $200 after 10% off and S-Points bonus)

Nice deal for a decent quality electronic height adjustable desk, seems similar quality desks elsewhere are easily 2x the price if not more. Store is also local. I was skeptical about height adjustable desks in general, but after visiting offices which had them I realized there is just something quite satisfying about having a desk that raises and lowers by itself and for anyone working at home on a desk all day it does feel good to be able to switch between sitting and standing effortlessly.

I've pointed out the third one below but PrimeCables has various sit/stand desks available, with the following being the more popular and all with 3 year warranty. Some also have bundles with other things like anti-fatigue mats:

Use code PCNEW10 to save 10% on the purchase (may need to create new account for this), and until Aug 2 10am EST they are offering 10X S-Points which are redeemable for store credit or gift cards for other stores including Amazon
https://www.primecables.ca/spoints_club/store_credits
For the example I mentioned above, the price is $275.99 - 10% = $248.39, and gives 49678 S-Points + 3000 S-Points if you create a new account = enough for approx $60 store credit or $50 in gift cards. (Note that saving up more points before redeeming yields better ratios) = sub-$200 electronic standing desk with height display and memory presets

Pairs great with either a cheap tabletop or premium countertop from Ikea:
If you end up finding something else <$49 and just want free shipping (normally $7.95), you can use code PFS19 which gives free shipping on orders $19+ for new customers. They also have a referral program where you can get a free shipping code (no minimum) from others.

===

Edit: As of Aug 2 10am EST, the S-Points bonus is over but the coupon codes still work
Last edited by DrAcX on Aug 2nd, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
132 replies
Jul 27, 2016
135 posts
69 upvotes
victoria
Is the dual motor version worth the extra cost?
Jun 9, 2019
308 posts
402 upvotes
I've looked into these before and I can say if you also have a multi monitor set up you really only want the dual motor version. Do NOT forget that your tabletop is part of the load limit, in addition to monitors, and monitor stands/mounts.
Sep 3, 2019
215 posts
87 upvotes
GTA
You encounter any issues with the 3rd option or wish they had done differently?
Dec 26, 2010
946 posts
673 upvotes
i have the dual motor version that i finally put together with ikea gerton top. it's been pretty good so far.
Jul 27, 2016
135 posts
69 upvotes
victoria
Bit the bullet bought the dual motor version. 341+tax plus 68000+ 3000 points. Anyone know what that equates to in gift cards?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5671 posts
4779 upvotes
These seem like pretty good deals but I just need a sub $300 sit stand desk that comes with the tabletop, saw one at staples but the legs were installed incorrectly and there was no power supply included.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1004 posts
188 upvotes
GTA
I have the single motor. pretty strong motor. Had a below 2 year old hang on it while it went up. Memory buttons are a must have. Also invest in a standing mat or nice slippers. I use the amazon basics one and it's pretty good. Also have some boost slides for when I stand for much longer periods.

Been using it with an old Linmon until I get a new tabletop. So far so good with my stuff in it. Granted I would not put my case in it. Cause that thing is like heavy.

Been using the standing table since March. Gotta say it's a great way to keep little monsters away from my stuff. Until they grow taller or smarter.
Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | Intel i7-4770K | 16GB Kingston HyperX Predator | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080 | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | LG GL83A-B| Schiit Modi 3 + Vali 2 & Senn HD600
Feb 8, 2017
66 posts
21 upvotes
When buying a tabletop from Ikea or elsewhere, would you need to drill the holes or do they come predrilled?
May 25, 2009
198 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Confused on if I should get the hand crank, simple up/down motor, or the advanced with memory settings. Thoughts?

I'd only have 1 monitor...so dual motor is out of the question. Is it really worth the extra $$ for the memory settings? Would the handcrank really be that painful to use? Would it shake my desk when cranking?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2697 posts
903 upvotes
Markham
High recommend the dual motor one, much smoother and quieter, probably last longer too
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Feb 9, 2008
528 posts
102 upvotes
I have the dual motor one which seems great. Advantage is that there's no rod connecting the two legs and since there are twice the number of motors the weight limit is higher (80kg vs 124kg). The height ranges between the desks are also different 28.7" - 48" vs 24.4"-49.2".
Jun 9, 2019
25 posts
33 upvotes
Got the L-shaped one last year for 15% off and it's pretty amazing.

This one extends almost up to 2m in case you are looking for a longer desk.
Very sturdy and motors are really quiet. Strongly recommend!
Aug 7, 2015
160 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I've been using the dual motor version at home for over a year now. It's super sturdy, and doesn't feel cheap like the BEKANT from IKEA (I've used that one before as well) and costs a lot more. In terms of whether to get it with memory setting or not, I would definitely recommend you get it. With the BEKANT, I had to mark a spot on the wall to remember what height to go up/down to. With the memory setting, you set it once and just press the button and let it do its thing. I've also used the single motor version as well (we have one in the office), and it feels about the same as the dual motor version, but just a bit less steady. Albeit I have a lot more stuff on my desk at home than at work.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1898 posts
3830 upvotes
I have a dual motor and it's great, just picked up a second one of the wife.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

griffy, Gbyrd