Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Primecables.ca

PrimeCables ZigBee Programmable Switches - $29 or less

Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
salmantoronto wrote: I have been able to get the dimmer working with Smartthings but not the "Scene" switches. Dimmer works with on/off functionality reliably (installed a few weeks ago). I installed the dimmer using the generic "Zigbee Dimmer" device in the SmartThings app. Also, the dimming DOWN function works but not brightening - so I can make it dimmer with smartthings/google but not make it bright again - I have to do it manually at the switch. I can live with that vs paying $60, $70 or more for better supported options.
So the scene switch doesn't work? Any more details?
Nov 22, 2005
122 posts
41 upvotes
Markham
newbie question here, are these light switch making the home network more vulnerable to hackers? Or there's no such things now. I know it still matters to the password and firewall and such. But those aside, can people get personal information from these technologies connected to the network? Thank you very much!!
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: The description says "Air-Gap Switch feature meets UL requirement and disconnect power from load locally"
All that says is that it has an air-gap switch, as required for UL. It doesn't say it's UL certified.
Apr 12, 2013
727 posts
680 upvotes
BC
Definitely a legal requirement for certification in BC

Certification or approval mark required for electrical equipment

21 (1) Subject to subsections (3) and (4), a person must not use electrical equipment in British Columbia, or offer for sale, sell, display or otherwise dispose of electrical equipment for use in British Columbia, unless the electrical equipment displays a label or mark as follows:

https://www.technicalsafetybc.ca/alerts ... l-products
Mar 5, 2002
213 posts
73 upvotes
Okanagan
GT!! wrote: Sorry typo ... inovelli. Search that and you'll find them. However, they basically sold out over Christmas so you don't see much there. I imagine they will restock at some point. They normally sold their switches and dimmers for around $45. They were being sold on amazon.com and you may see more there.
Odd, I still don't see much other than one additional switch, and amazon.com shows nothing. Perhaps a product refresh or major re-stock is underway
Will keep an eye out. Thanks again

**Edit
Totally sold out on their own website of everything as well.
And, more importantly they are having issues with their manufacturer, but also developing a new line with a new manufacturer. Interesting times and a company I will definitely keep an eye on.
Thanks for putting me on to them.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
Bimmer318i wrote: Odd, I still don't see much other than one additional switch, and amazon.com shows nothing. Perhaps a product refresh or major re-stock is underway
Will keep an eye out. Thanks again
It is a bit odd. They had been available on Amazon for quite a while. Their website is still up: https://inovelli.com/. On their website it seems that most things are OOS. Hopefully just a case that they blew out their stock and are now waiting for a new batch to arrive on a slow boat from China ...
Apr 12, 2013
727 posts
680 upvotes
BC
I got a fast and positive response from Pimecables on certification:

Hello Andrew,

" Do the Orvibo and LifeWise smart home products have Canadian certification, e.g. ULc? "

Our product team said it depends on the products. those products that require high input voltage have Canadian certification, the low voltage products don't have that certification.

Thank you and best regards.

Sincerely,
Shopper+ Family
Apr 12, 2013
727 posts
680 upvotes
BC
InnovelliUSA posted on another thread that they were (I believe) switching manufacturers AND opening a Canadian office.

Zooz is moving production too (I'm waiting in their updated Zen27 switches in Canada).

PS r/homeautomation on reddit is an amazing place to learn. Just don't get dispirited by the easy availability and low prices in the US.

Guess these newcomers to market are using batch production to build cashflow: sensible!
Oct 17, 2012
78 posts
24 upvotes
Chicoutimi
shiryu1031 wrote: newbie question here, are these light switch making the home network more vulnerable to hackers? Or there's no such things now. I know it still matters to the password and firewall and such. But those aside, can people get personal information from these technologies connected to the network? Thank you very much!!
The smart switches and dimmers that use low power RF signals like Zigbee or Z-wave don't transmit any user data. Also, all communications are done locally between the devices and the controller. But since most of the time the controller itself is connected to the internet, to get remote access, then you open yourself to all the risks related to the internet. If you don't need remote access there are some controllers that will work locally with no internet connections needed.
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Too bad they're only rated for 500W. I wanted to control a 10 light fixture with bulbs rated at 60w each.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5863 posts
2611 upvotes
salmantoronto wrote: I have been able to get the dimmer working with Smartthings but not the "Scene" switches. Dimmer works with on/off functionality reliably (installed a few weeks ago). I installed the dimmer using the generic "Zigbee Dimmer" device in the SmartThings app. Also, the dimming DOWN function works but not brightening - so I can make it dimmer with smartthings/google but not make it bright again - I have to do it manually at the switch. I can live with that vs paying $60, $70 or more for better supported options.
golden wrote: The programmable scene switch is interesting. Any feedback on this?
Upping a dead thread, but I just wanted to let anyone who ordered the 7 button switch know that I spent the last two days poring over code and ide and pulling my hair out trying to get it to work with smartthings.

Yesterday I finally had success and can use it successfully as a 7 button remote, although not a scene controller as it is listed...

If anyone is interested I can provide my modified device handler code
Dec 8, 2007
68 posts
56 upvotes
Pickering
Yes please @joshmxpx - Could you please share the Device Handler Code for the 7 button switch?

Thank you :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)