Expired Hot Deals

[Primecables.ca] Sit-Stand Dual-Motor Height Adjustable Desk - $299

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2020 4:47 pm
Dec 24, 2010
73 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
elgordito wrote: It's a bit unfortunate on their example pictures they have people using monitors lower than they should...
A quality monitor stand was my very next purchase after this desk. Highly recommend a gas spring monitor stand that can quickly and easily adjust the monitor height. I'm sure there's other options, but the gas spring is just so easy and convenient.
For proper ergonomic set up, the monitor height at sitting vs standing weren't the same for me.
Dec 24, 2010
73 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
MatthewG566 wrote: how do you guys attach a ikea tabletop to this? Easy to do?
The desk comes with screws. I ended up using a crappy old Ikea table top, works fine.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2054 posts
1582 upvotes
Vancouver
Used this for about 2 years now 5 days a week with a solid wood 110LB slab on it. No issues with the motors, no issues of any kind. Absolutely love it.
Feb 1, 2010
500 posts
78 upvotes
SolitoLoko wrote: I am also waiting for a 'sale'...

Top is ready for it :)

P_20191009_221415_vHDR_Auto.jpg
How'd you get the stain so good? Mine turned out so bad.....
Nov 6, 2017
34 posts
195 upvotes
Vancouver
very tempting... currently using the ikea bekant and wouldn't mind an upgrade. however, the thickness is only 2cm, would this be an issue with the mountain screws?
Nov 29, 2001
229 posts
38 upvotes
Langley
Bought this several months ago and has worked great. I did end up buying a cheap ikea top for I think 30 or 40 bux and have had no issues at all and even have a 43 inch monitor and pc case on the desk. As someone mentioned about the cheap Ikea table tops they are kinda hollow, fine for screwing in to the legs as the weight of the top and stuff on it takes care of it anyways but a monitor arm may be iffy. I ended up buying an ikea shelf and adding the ikea metal legs to attach to it to use as a monitor stand so that the monitor is eyesight level.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2006
1191 posts
101 upvotes
Tempted to pull the trigger on this...
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2132 posts
355 upvotes
I bought one of these about 2 months ago. It's a great desk base. Currently using with a leftover tabletop but come summertime will glue up something nicer.
Jul 2, 2014
417 posts
121 upvotes
Maple, ON
I actually bought this without the intention of ever standing. My thought process was I'd adjust the height of the desk to my chair instead of having to adjust the height of my chair to my desk.
Jan 4, 2019
303 posts
269 upvotes
How does it compare to the sit stand desk at Costco for $350 that has a glass table top?
Feb 5, 2014
150 posts
282 upvotes
Kitchener
freetrade wrote: How'd you get the stain so good? Mine turned out so bad.....
This was my first time doing stain and poly ;)

I did 2 coats of dark walnut stain, sanding before coats. Then same process with polyurethane, on which I did 3 coats. Lots of patience is needed, but very happy with the results..

You can always re-do yours :P
Feb 1, 2010
500 posts
78 upvotes
SolitoLoko wrote: This was my first time doing stain and poly ;)

I did 2 coats of dark walnut stain, sanding before coats. Then same process with polyurethane, on which I did 3 coats. Lots of patience is needed, but very happy with the results..

You can always re-do yours :P
Oh yeah, you mind if I pm you for some more info?
Nov 1, 2015
685 posts
623 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
I got the single motor and love it. Just need monitors now which seem to be hard to come by.. (its unfinished in one of the photos)
Images
  • IMG_20191216_222528.jpg
  • IMG_20191216_212948.jpg
Apr 1, 2011
26 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
I have a sit stand desk (Uplift dual motor from Texas) and just want to reiterate a solid top is the way to go. I just went with laminate - but it’s a solid MDF core. Maybe I’m the extreme case but what one doesn’t consider is the amount of cabling and power required for this setup sometimes. I also ended up mounting a pc tower to the under the desk as I needed separate Linux box. So solid wood helps to screw everything up to the underside (including power bars etc) to keep everything tidy.
Images
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg