Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

[Primecables.ca] Sit-Stand Dual-Motor Height Adjustable Desk ($299.99 frame only or $399.99 /w table top)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2020 4:18 pm
Aug 24, 2006
8 posts
Toronto
@Snickers, how long are the feet? Does anyone have a recommendation for a desk with feet that are 24" or less. Everything that I can find is at least 27.5" ...
Aug 13, 2020
169 posts
473 upvotes
soupball wrote: Deal dead. Sigh...
If it helps it was sold out by 6 or 7am. Really crappy that they have stock @ full price still though lol
Oct 4, 2005
202 posts
121 upvotes
cad2usd wrote: @Snickers, how long are the feet? Does anyone have a recommendation for a desk with feet that are 24" or less. Everything that I can find is at least 27.5" ...
I think you actually want longer feet otherwise you're desk may be unstable (i.e. wobble) when raised. But to answer your question according to the page it shows 650mm or ~24.5"
May 28, 2011
634 posts
590 upvotes
Anyone found good table tops or deals for table tops? Is Ikea the best option?
Dec 4, 2009
51 posts
18 upvotes
Pratzy wrote: Anyone found good table tops or deals for table tops? Is Ikea the best option?
I am also looking for desk top for this frame.
Jul 26, 2008
633 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
Pratzy wrote: Anyone found good table tops or deals for table tops? Is Ikea the best option?
lbrozi wrote: I am also looking for desk top for this frame.
I am using Gerton tabletop (stained it myself) from Ikea:
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/gerton-tab ... -50106773/

Not sure if this was shared already, but I found this CPU Tower holder for $40 after taxes at BB (shipped by Amazon):
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/cp ... r/12315415

Just installed the mount so far so good. Clean :)
Nov 22, 2011
28 posts
5 upvotes
TORONTO
The table top version from prime cables looks disgusting. They send a foldable top that when installed will have a line/gap right down the middle. No thanks.

Have used the Costco one mentioned in this thread. And it is great but keep in mind with the glass adding a monitor arm might be an issue. Also it is not as wide so I would never suggest it for a PC. (Was using a laptop plugged into a 32 inch IPS monitor)
Nov 24, 2020
40 posts
40 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I ordered a desk frame but with a single motor from Prime Cables a couple of years ago.
Also purchased a large tabletop from Ikea, assembled and got a great height adjustable desk for $350 that time.
After 2 years of use, desk frame and controls work perfectly. Single motor is enough to lift 150cmx75cm tabletop with 32" monitor, speakers, laptop and small stuff.
So if you guys consider to buy this table, i would recommend it.
Oct 19, 2012
32 posts
North Vancouver
iceman86 wrote: I am using Gerton tabletop (stained it myself) from Ikea:
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/gerton-tab ... -50106773/

Not sure if this was shared already, but I found this CPU Tower holder for $40 after taxes at BB (shipped by Amazon):
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/cp ... r/12315415

Just installed the mount so far so good. Clean :)
Did you have to purchase extra screws for the Gerton? If so, what size?

Does staining it make it much better?

I have the bekant table, so was just thinking of using that, but it is kind of thin...

How is the Gerton? It says solid wood on the product page, which I'm sure is much better than the fake-wood-honeycomb bekant.
Jul 26, 2008
633 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
bigfootBC wrote: Did you have to purchase extra screws for the Gerton? If so, what size?
I used the same screws that came with the kit I believe.
I pre-drill the holes for easy install and avoid any problems.
Just make sure the screws doesn't screw thru from bottom to top.
bigfootBC wrote: Does staining it make it much better?
Staining can considered a preference in terms of appearance (i.e if you want your table to look like darker wood, etc...)
But it can also be a productive coating for your wood table top. Oil-based will last longer. Or you can simply use a clear coat if you like the colour of your table top now.
bigfootBC wrote: How is the Gerton? It says solid wood on the product page, which I'm sure is much better than the fake-wood-honeycomb bekant.
It is real wood. I will only use real wood for a table tops now. No more cheap Ikea cardboard desk for me!
Oct 19, 2012
32 posts
North Vancouver
iceman86 wrote: I used the same screws that came with the kit I believe.
I pre-drill the holes for easy install and avoid any problems.
Just make sure the screws doesn't screw thru from bottom to top.

Staining can considered a preference in terms of appearance (i.e if you want your table to look like darker wood, etc...)
But it can also be a productive coating for your wood table top. Oil-based will last longer. Or you can simply use a clear coat if you like the colour of your table top now.

It is real wood. I will only use real wood for a table tops now. No more cheap Ikea cardboard desk for me!
Great. Thanks for the detailed info! Can't wait to get it.
May 29, 2007
275 posts
11 upvotes
anyone know any other places to get table tops other then ikea?

I am going to purchase the manual one. because I just have a feeling knowing my luck the motored one will die on me after awhile and thus making the desk useless lol
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
6279 posts
1177 upvotes
bigfootBC wrote: Did you have to purchase extra screws for the Gerton? If so, what size?

Does staining it make it much better?

I have the bekant table, so was just thinking of using that, but it is kind of thin...

How is the Gerton? It says solid wood on the product page, which I'm sure is much better than the fake-wood-honeycomb bekant.
I got a table top from ikea. This one has no pre drilled holes and was likely made for kitchen tables but what I've done was take a knife with a pointed top, made tiny holes and screwed it the rest. I didn't want to get a kitchen counter because it's the design was very distracting and wanted a plain top. Link is below but of the smaller version.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/klimpen-ta ... -80356341/

58lb table top.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius