Expired Hot Deals

Primecables.ca

Solar Motion Sensor Light 32-LED PIR Waterproof Wireless Bright Light $9.99 Free ship today

[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1555 posts
1233 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC

[Primecables.ca] Solar Motion Sensor Light 32-LED PIR Waterproof Wireless Bright Light $9.99 Free ship today

Got two of this solar light for $7.99 from the previous sales and they work great, it’s a bit small in size but very bright
It’s back on sale again but for $9.99 now, still not bad as it comes with 10x pts so $2 back in store credit, plus free shipping

Solar Motion Sensor Light 32-LED PIR Waterproof Wireless Bright Light - LIVINGbasics®
Perfect for Outdoor Gate, Door, Wall, Driveway, Garden, Patio, Steps etc.

Special Offer!
Free Shipping: 24 Hrs Incredible Deal with Free Shipping
S-Points: PC 10X S-Points 24H Deal

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
Easy to install
32 LED super bright
Fully automated operation
270° wide angle Illumination
With 120° wide-angle detection
Energy efficient via use of solar power
IP 65 Waterproof do not worry about the weather
Last edited by jackfollow on Jan 24th, 2022 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
33 replies
Dec 1, 2016
145 posts
182 upvotes
calgary alberta
Thanks. Looks like a good price!
Jan 11, 2010
292 posts
261 upvotes
Just to add, Maximum of 2 unit(s) per customer and u can also use S-points to redeem gift cards from Timmy, Starbucks, Amazon etc... $10 to $25
Last edited by Guyver99 on Jan 24th, 2022 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3990 posts
3354 upvotes
Ajax
I don't have these specific ones but I have several others. I've found outdoor Gorilla mounting tape does a great job sticking these to brick. I haven't had any die on me yet, been out there almost 3 years and still functioning well.
Last edited by redkulat on Jan 24th, 2022 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6015 posts
861 upvotes
I put one outside on a fence post (exposed to the elements) assuming that this would be acceptable for that setting. It died within 3 days. Are these not to be used in an area exposed to rain? Description says it should be waterproof.
Jul 29, 2006
372 posts
485 upvotes
Ottawa
I have 3 of them similar to these that I picked up from Amazon. It seems the PIR sensor is quite sensitive to car headlights. They will trigger at night and the cars are much further away from the light than where I could stand and not trigger them to light up.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
4759 posts
1309 upvotes
does it matter?
ji2o0k wrote: ah what the hell - for $10 + FS, might as well roll the dice....
I am thinking same. So did seller got these in some lottery or some free deal? Even the cost for fedex is pretty high these days. Last time I bought network cable for $1.6 or something with free shipping. no idea how they do it as fedex cost will be much more. unless they sell this in hundreds. Or Fedex is also giving them some cheap volume deal.

But I am still Wary of such deals as these items may not be reliable.
Tried new coffee and doughnut. Found same old stale thing. expected bill of six bucks but it was 600 million. Big mistake so the guy said don't worry it is on the house. going back to McD.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
22901 posts
4378 upvotes
Toronto
callernamet wrote:
But I am still Wary of such deals as these items may not be reliable.
exactly - the 6pk I purchased from Amazon had 1 defective....and I drilled it into the fence post first.

Kind of annoying only to find out it didn't work properly.

Make sure to fully test these before installation

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Jan 10, 2005
117 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver
Does it charge enough when cloudy? My old ones from Amazon only light up well when there is full sun in the day
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2179 posts
2875 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: exactly - the 6pk I purchased from Amazon had 1 defective....and I drilled it into the fence post first.

Kind of annoying only to find out it didn't work properly.

Make sure to fully test these before installation
I got one from Amazon too. 3 pack. One broken just complain tk amazon abs they’ll refund the cost of 1
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
7695 posts
2765 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Are these $10/each?
Considering you can only buy 2 at that price, $20+tax for 2 lights doesn't seem hot to me.

However, from a product standpoint, I have 10 similar lights in different areas on my property from 5+ years ago, and only 1 stopped working.
Solid product.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4012 posts
2020 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Thanks OP!
Ordered for the 10x points and free shipping. Now I'll finally have enough points for $10 so it's like it's free? Thinking Face
That's my excuse at least! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
I can't afford to save that much!
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
22901 posts
4378 upvotes
Toronto
newt_101 wrote: Are these $10/each?
Considering you can only buy 2 at that price, $20+tax for 2 lights doesn't seem hot to me.

However, from a product standpoint, I have 10 similar lights in different areas on my property from 5+ years ago, and only 1 stopped working.
Solid product.
oh wait....actually not sure.....darn it!

yeah $10 each - I placed another order for 1 more....
Last edited by ji2o0k on Jan 24th, 2022 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5207 posts
6186 upvotes
Does it only has 1 mode? Most of the Amazon's ones have 3 modes (although I only use 1 specific mode)
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
4525 posts
6874 upvotes
BC
Isn't it cheaper to get it off amazon? There's a quite a few listings <$40 for 4 units.

$34 after coupon for a 4-pack, 128 LEDS:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08DKJFR53/ref ... W11XQRRG6C

We used to have the above style in our back yard but then 'upgraded' to this type, found it brighter and had a wider range for when the dog goes out. Motion sensor seems more reliable too.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B087P8W3FP/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
Last edited by peakingduck on Jan 24th, 2022 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
22901 posts
4378 upvotes
Toronto
buyer's remorse - I just canceled both my orders as I want one that has 2 or 3 modes.

I want the mode that is always on (but not too bright) and when it senses motion, it gets super bright.

I can't tell if this light does that so I just canceled

Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19514 posts
12577 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Arrow wrote: I put one outside on a fence post (exposed to the elements) assuming that this would be acceptable for that setting. It died within 3 days. Are these not to be used in an area exposed to rain? Description says it should be waterproof.
Died is a very generic term... it could have had water ingress or the unit could have been faulty regardless of the weather or there might not have been enough light to charge the battery.

Have you opened the unit up and taken a look?