https://www.primecables.ca/p-352918-cab ... rimecables

Don't forget Ebates 2.5% CB
112 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
8967 posts
1626 upvotes
Somewhere
I bought this a while ago. Does not work.
:confused:
Dec 25, 2006
300 posts
100 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought this before the Olympics started, and it has been working flawlessly. Fantastic HD picture quality. I think I will order another for my trailer.
Nov 29, 2013
149 posts
68 upvotes
GTA
iEyeCaptain wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:17 am
Have you tried other places in your house? I was able to receive 8 channels from it.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
15107 posts
11217 upvotes
Toronto
iEyeCaptain wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:17 am
works great for me in downtown Toronto. Tried with both a very old Samsung TV and also an old Silicon Dust HDHomerun
Rex, eat the salad.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
1797 posts
755 upvotes
Winnipeg
Last time took a month to get. Not many channels in the 'peg(5) but it picked up 80% fairly good but its all subjective. The city you're in...where the signals are coming from...
Mar 1, 2012
764 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
So I am unsure about this. I bought this antenna and it has been working great. I think I get cbc, citytv tvo and global? Not sure about global. I mainly use iptv but this antenna is like my fallback. My friend said apparently if you have a cable wire to go directly to your tv you would get these channels anyways because these channels are free (meaning you wouldn't need an antenna) can anyone confirm this?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
1797 posts
755 upvotes
Winnipeg
darkadvenger wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:25 am
So I am unsure about this. I bought this antenna and it has been working great. I think I get cbc, citytv tvo and global? Not sure about global. I mainly use iptv but this antenna is like my fallback. My friend said apparently if you have a cable wire to go directly to your tv you would get these channels anyways because these channels are free (meaning you wouldn't need an antenna) can anyone confirm this?
Other then libraries nothing else is free :)
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
1819 posts
116 upvotes
darkadvenger wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:25 am
No
Dec 5, 2004
265 posts
155 upvotes
I also purchased this before the Olympics, and I'm very surprised how many channels I got. I live in Richmond Hill, and the antenna faces the CN Tower.
Nov 23, 2015
299 posts
143 upvotes
Winnipeg
FrostyWinnipeg wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:23 am
Last time took a month to get. Not many channels in the 'peg(5) but it picked up 80% fairly good but its all subjective. The city you're in...where the signals are coming from...
Out of curiosity, what are you able to pull in with this antenna in Wpg?
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
2468 posts
263 upvotes
I bought this. I was able to pull in all Canadian channels and few American, but ended up getting a amplified antenna to get a stronger signal for CTV, also kinda fell off the wall but still works (my fault coz i usef tape to get it positioned correctly) .

Not much different between this and a amplified antenna IMO, corner is cracked but still works. I was hoping the amplified antenna would help with ABC but not really much difference between the two.

So buy with confidence.
Oct 31, 2012
895 posts
271 upvotes
Guelph
Bought one of these last time it was $4.99. Excellent value and quality, and I got 4 channels immediately.