Expired Hot Deals

[Primecables.ca] TV Wall Mount Tilting Bracket for Most 37"-70" Inch LED, LCD and Plasma TVs $12.99 FS and 10x pts

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 12:14 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1854 posts
1148 upvotes
Laval, QC

[Primecables.ca] TV Wall Mount Tilting Bracket for Most 37"-70" Inch LED, LCD and Plasma TVs $12.99 FS and 10x pts

Primecable today’s special offer, $12.99 TV mount with free shipping and 10x pts (equivalent to extra 20% off)

Free Shipping:
24 Hrs Incredible Deal with Free Shipping
S-Points:
10X S-Points Rewards Incredible Deal
15 replies
Aug 25, 2019
466 posts
454 upvotes
TERRIBLE PRICE! I still have some of these that I bought for $6 that I haven't sold because it sucks, especially compared to other models
/PLUS a lot of assembly required for this one

/I have bought several thousand dollars worth of mounts from this company and I really like them!
HOWEVER Customer Service is the WORST! and despite my best efforts have never been able to communicate with owner... :twisted:
"It is not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." - Anonymous
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
1449 posts
563 upvotes
SCOPster wrote: TERRIBLE PRICE! I still have some of these that I bought for $6 that I haven't sold because it sucks, especially compared to other models
/PLUS a lot of assembly required for this one

/I have bought several thousand dollars worth of mounts from this company and I really like them!
HOWEVER Customer Service is the WORST! and despite my best efforts have never been able to communicate with owner... :twisted:
I tend to prefer the one piece backplate ones as well (to simplify assembly time), but this model was $6 as one time?
Sep 6, 2010
34 posts
12 upvotes
Have 2 of these mounts. 1 for 50" and 1 for 55". Both still holding strong for a year now. Installation is pretty simple. Mount the horizontal metal to the studs behind the wall then the 2 vertical behind your TV. Latch the TV to the horizontal and bar. Powertool is require, but that's the same with the full motion mount too.

Mount is great if you plan to not move it. Downside is that because it's close to the wall, it might be hard to plug in cables.
Jun 15, 2010
160 posts
91 upvotes
Richmond
Fei wrote: Mount is great if you plan to not move it. Downside is that because it's close to the wall, it might be hard to plug in cables.
Couldn't agree more. I have this mount. Plug your cables to your tv before you mount it up on the back plate. REALLY TIGHT behind the TV. It really frustrates me whenever i have to plug/unplug cables behind. Im tempted to buy another mount that extends out.

depending on your tv, you might need to get those right angle connectors too.
Dec 31, 2016
95 posts
88 upvotes
My TV Mount was $150 from Home Depot. I wouldn’t trust something for $13 to hold my 65” TV up. Maybe if I had a cabin out in the woods somewhere and my TV was a cheap Walmart TV.
Feb 7, 2004
505 posts
184 upvotes
St Thomas
Desna99 wrote: My TV Mount was $150 from Home Depot. I wouldn’t trust something for $13 to hold my 65” TV up. Maybe if I had a cabin out in the woods somewhere and my TV was a cheap Walmart TV.
Just because you overpaid for something doesn't mean it's better. Do you use monster cables too? I personally like the articulating mounts but even those can be had for like $40.
Nov 20, 2010
387 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
Desna99 wrote: My TV Mount was $150 from Home Depot. I wouldn’t trust something for $13 to hold my 65” TV up. Maybe if I had a cabin out in the woods somewhere and my TV was a cheap Walmart TV.
You definitely overpaid damn
Dec 31, 2016
95 posts
88 upvotes
Labrie wrote: Just because you overpaid for something doesn't mean it's better. Do you use monster cables too? I personally like the articulating mounts but even those can be had for like $40.
I don’t know if it’s better. Is the $13 mount even made out of metal for that price or just plastic? I’m not saying I’m an expert or anything.

Even my soundbar mount was $20 and all it was was 2 metal brackets and a couple screws.
Sep 16, 2016
512 posts
150 upvotes
I had one mount I bought from Best Buy a couple years a ago costed pretty much the same price, but in fact it does not making any difference from the other two TV mounts I bought from primecable.ca imo
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1350 posts
1747 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Desna99 wrote: I don’t know if it’s better. Is the $13 mount even made out of metal for that price or just plastic? I’m not saying I’m an expert or anything.

Even my soundbar mount was $20 and all it was was 2 metal brackets and a couple screws.
Lol of course they are metal. I don't even think anyone sells plastic ones (I'd love [and be saddened] to be proven wrong though!). The drywall screws in the box worry me enough lol...

I have two of PrimeCables' mounts (55" and 75") and they've been perfect so far. One in the OP worries me a bit simply because of the assembly; single piece backplate is ideal I would say. This is the one I used personally, think I got it for $16.
Oct 8, 2013
344 posts
261 upvotes
Dartmouth
These guys make great products. Put my 60" on a full motion mount and was blown away at how much of a tank the thing was.

It was the first time I wasn't clenching as I let the entire weight of the TV rest on the mount.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3252 posts
990 upvotes
Toronto
I usually stick to the kanto mounts at Costco, been waiting for a deal for me new 65.
Nov 18, 2006
556 posts
232 upvotes
I've got a few of the Primecable fully articulated mounts and they are rock solid. One is holding an ancient 37" ACER that specs say is 36kg (it is a beast!) and guessing most 60" TVs these days weigh about half that. Just bought the 2nd one for $36 - not concerned at all about using for my main TV... IMO worth spending the extra cash to get fully articulated vs the tilt only - agree that wiring is a pain...
Dec 7, 2007
297 posts
166 upvotes
haha, this item you definitely should not buy from Homedepot and you just paid for nothing special. This might not be 100% like yours, but for holding the TV (30kg.. etc), it won't be any different.
Aug 7, 2007
21 posts
5 upvotes
Thanks OP, picked one up for my parents. I have a few of these already and they are great.