[Primecables.ca] USB C 51 watt wall charger $17

One day deal on a 51 watt usb wall charger. Regular price $23 sale price $17

For free shipping, create a new account and use code : freeshipping10
11 replies
Nov 17, 2014
327 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Seems like a hot deal for the ouput.... Close to 30$ for something similar or even less on amazon
Dont know why people downvote.

PS: RFD should have the option to put a comment for every downvote. Downvote discourages posting a lot of deals..
Koodo
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9359 posts
867 upvotes
Personally wouldn't buy anything related to chargers on these cheap sites.

I only trust Anker, aukey and xiaomi for my charging gear
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1325 posts
722 upvotes
Montréal
timbertick wrote: Seems like a hot deal for the ouput.... Close to 30$ for something similar or even less on amazon
Dont know why people downvote.

PS: RFD should have the option to put a comment for every downvote. Downvote discourages posting a lot of deals..
You don't lose anything from down voting. If you get 100up votes and 100 down votes your profile just shows 100up votes
Oct 22, 2006
561 posts
217 upvotes
Its rated for 2.6A @ 15V, so you will only get 39W if trying to charge your laptop. Would give you 51W (39W + 12W) if charging multiple devices.
Feb 16, 2008
14 posts
4 upvotes
Montreal
Please look for the USB-IF certification before buying a charger like this. Monoprice brand ones, for example, do have it. Other non-certified brands may have unsafe behaviour that could damage your devices.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=38361
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1360 posts
1945 upvotes
mcg wrote: Personally wouldn't buy anything related to chargers on these cheap sites.

I've only gone with Anker, outside of OEM. No experience with Xiaomi, but they're big enough so I assume they'd be fine. I don't rate Aukey that highly.

I see it as if I'm spending potentially thousands on phones/tablets/laptops, there's no way I'm cheaping out on what I use to put juice into them. The power supply is just as important as the device.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1663 posts
1030 upvotes
mcg wrote: Personally wouldn't buy anything related to chargers on these cheap sites.

Personally for a $2000 phone I can afford the $50 Apple OEM charger. You can trust that to not mess up your phone battery.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
17343 posts
4088 upvotes
Toronto
Caerus wrote: I've only gone with Anker, outside of OEM. No experience with Xiaomi, but they're big enough so I assume they'd be fine. I don't rate Aukey that highly.

I see it as if I'm spending potentially thousands on phones/tablets/laptops, there's no way I'm cheaping out on what I use to put juice into them. The power supply is just as important as the device.
Anker has had its fair share of questionable products too. They're probably better now, but early on they were notorious for not following spec.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7272 posts
4735 upvotes
Canada
I'm waiting for something like the baseus 2 USB-C and 1 USB-A.
Hope Anker makes similar
Tangerine, Public Mobile, and Freedom Mobile customer
Jul 31, 2016
391 posts
602 upvotes
Whitby

I don't know why anyone would care about virtual points either way?