Expired Hot Deals

Primecables.ca

Vertical Adjustable Size Laptop Stand, Desktop Aluminum Stand - $14.99 (50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2022 1:38 pm
[OP]
Dec 3, 2018
58 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto

[Primecables.ca] Vertical Adjustable Size Laptop Stand, Desktop Aluminum Stand - $14.99 (50% off)

24 hour flash sale
Free Shipping!
Added image as suggested in the comments:
Last edited by GateronYellow on Aug 15th, 2022 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1654 posts
776 upvotes
Halton
I have a file folder holder from work (metal) where I stack the family computers as they charge. This is a neat idea. I tend to use the monitor on the laptops though
Dec 10, 2006
11 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks OP.
just wondering if there is a way to turn on the laptop without opening the lid?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7910 posts
2279 upvotes
Toronto
tomkang2000 wrote: Thanks OP.
No way
Jul 15, 2003
872 posts
1171 upvotes
If you have a dock that allows it. My doc is connected through USB c and turning on the doc turns on the laptop so this stand will work for me.
[OP]
Dec 3, 2018
58 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
I use the Wake on LAN feature on my laptop in combination with https://github.com/basildane/WakeOnLAN. There is probably a way to send the WOL magic packet from your phone via an app if you don't have another computer to send it from.

You may need to change the power options on your laptop to change how it behaves when the lid is closed.
Aug 17, 2021
91 posts
76 upvotes
I read that opening the lid will help the laptop to cool down. So what I did is just open a little space to allow my finger to click the power-up button.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21848 posts
1714 upvotes
Shanghai, China
cgtlky wrote: No way
It's not possible to do this with a Mac?
Feb 8, 2011
846 posts
834 upvotes
Toronto
i use 3D printed one cost lot less and i can get any size and color i want.
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
5969 posts
1989 upvotes
Toronto
grilw wrote: Save a click, post a pic
I had to click on the image to make it bigger.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
2521 posts
2729 upvotes
My 2 in 1 has power button on the side
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1821 posts
256 upvotes
GateronYellow wrote: I use the Wake on LAN feature on my laptop in combination with https://github.com/basildane/WakeOnLAN. There is probably a way to send the WOL magic packet from your phone via an app if you don't have another computer to send it from.

You may need to change the power options on your laptop to change how it behaves when the lid is closed.
C-states / hybrid sleep / Wake timers have cost me at least two Dell XPS motherboards. No longer messing with any wake timers on Windows operating systems, although in a well ventilated stand it's unlikely it'll overheat and burn out.
[OP]
Dec 3, 2018
58 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
cgtlky wrote: Not possible either, the power botton is inside the lid ( https://9to5mac.com/2019/04/29/power-bu ... cbook/amp/ )
Wrong. Even my 2014 Macbook pro can be turned on remotely with the lid closed. You need an ethernet cable connected to it to make use of the Wake on LAN feature. If you look at the power options in you will see "Wake for network access" option.

For my windows laptop I turn it off and on without touching it, and the lid is closed.
Oct 10, 2021
26 posts
68 upvotes
British Columbia
Sgt_Strider wrote: It's not possible to do this with a Mac?
cgtlky wrote: Not possible either, the power botton is inside the lid ( https://9to5mac.com/2019/04/29/power-bu ... cbook/amp/ )
My mac and monitor setup is connected to a power strip. When I turn on the power, the laptop automatically turns on and connects to my keyboard and mouse. There's no need to open the lid at all.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7910 posts
2279 upvotes
Toronto
GateronYellow wrote: Wrong. Even my 2014 Macbook pro can be turned on remotely with the lid closed. You need an ethernet cable connected to it to make use of the Wake on LAN feature. If you look at the power options in you will see "Wake for network access" option.

For my windows laptop I turn it off and on without touching it, and the lid is closed.
The question is, does all laptop have the Wake on LAN feature? If not then its YMMV.

To make the Wake on LAN feature work, you need to execute a command from another computer within the same network .
Dec 23, 2021
14 posts
11 upvotes
yorkhvac wrote: i use 3D printed one cost lot less and i can get any size and color i want.
Do you remember which one you 3D printed? Can you link to it on Thingiverse?