Expired Hot Deals

[Primecables.ca] Wireless Bluetooth Sports Stereo Ergonomic Earbud Headphone w/ Mic & Volume Control $9.99 ($8.49 until Jan 17 10am EST)

[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
1987 posts
912 upvotes
Montreal

[Primecables.ca] Wireless Bluetooth Sports Stereo Ergonomic Earbud Headphone w/ Mic & Volume Control $9.99 ($8.49 until Jan 17 10am EST)

I have been looking to try these out as I've heard great things (for the price of course). They've been OOS for the last couple of weeks.

Use code PRIMECABLES for 15% off to get the $8.49 price. Coupon code valid until January 17th at 10AM.

In Montreal, there's free pick up at metro stations or their warehouse. Not sure what's available for other provinces.

https://www.primecables.ca/p-369521-cab ... ws-earbuds
27 replies
Nov 1, 2018
118 posts
150 upvotes
BC here, no free shipping unfortunately, cost comes to roughly like 15ish dollars.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5463 posts
1126 upvotes
Richmond Hill
save $$ on a pair of truly wireless buds
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
1987 posts
912 upvotes
Montreal
yesstyle wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 12:33 am
save $$ on a pair of truly wireless buds
Can you recommend any? These are my first Bluetooth earbuds/headphones. I've been paying some attention to deals but haven't found any widely considered a great product/value.

If your talking Airpods or Pixel Buds then I can't justify saving for that. Seem way overpriced to me.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5463 posts
1126 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mtl-D wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 12:43 am
Can you recommend any? These are my first Bluetooth earbuds/headphones. I've been paying some attention to deals but haven't found any widely considered a great product/value.

If your talking Airpods or Pixel Buds then I can't justify saving for that. Seem way overpriced to me.
i just got a pair of these. Have been using them for a few days now and they are quite good. No complaints so far. There was a 10$ off coupon plus 8% ebates. I say wait for any discounts if you can.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7571 posts
4075 upvotes
North York
Not much of a deal. I got these for $4.99 back in November 2018.
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2009
1380 posts
653 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm using a pair and I'm not sure how I feel about them. The fit is great, much better than several of the Anker/Aukey ones I've tried. They're light, they fit in the ears and they stay on while I go for a jog. The battery has also been a champ, rarely needs a charge. It also has a pretty good bluetooth connection, stutters less than the Anker one I was using before hand.

On the other hand, the sound quality isn't great. It almost sounds a little muffled, and it is quite a noticeable drop in quality from Anker/Aukey. Personally I don't mind, this is the pair I use for jogging so I am not paying really close attention to the song anyways and the rest of the device has been a significant upgrade for me in usability. But that's just for my use case.
Nov 17, 2006
75 posts
71 upvotes
Don't buy bluetooth headphones. Once the battery dies, your headphones are trash. Buy a bluetooth receiver. The receiver pairs with your phone (or whatever) and you can plug in any headphones you want to it. If you forget to charge it, you can still plug in your headphones.... your phone does have a headphone jack, right? If the receiver battery dies, you can replace it and keep your nice headphones.

I bought the Besign BK05 - battery life is great, sound quality is OK. If you care about sound quality, get a receiver that supports aptX (like Fiio BTR3).
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2006
3657 posts
168 upvotes
Montreal
On the other hand, I just buy 5 pairs of BT headphones.. to each their own. I also have a Fiio, heh.
Heatware: 2-0-0
eBay: 69-0-0
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1563 posts
805 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
DragonRider wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 1:14 am
Not much of a deal. I got these for $4.99 back in November 2018.
However BF it was OOS so fast, did not manage to get one
Sep 17, 2016
216 posts
204 upvotes
KW
slickdealer wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 1:47 am
Don't buy bluetooth headphones. Once the battery dies, your headphones are trash. Buy a bluetooth receiver. The receiver pairs with your phone (or whatever) and you can plug in any headphones you want to it. If you forget to charge it, you can still plug in your headphones.... your phone does have a headphone jack, right? If the receiver battery dies, you can replace it and keep your nice headphones.

I bought the Besign BK05 - battery life is great, sound quality is OK. If you care about sound quality, get a receiver that supports aptX (like Fiio BTR3).
The Fiio BTR3 also has an amp and DAC built in -- you can save some money and go with the slightly smaller uBTR, which is just the Bluetooth (it does support aptX though): https://www.avshop.ca/recording-studio- ... m_EALw_wcB ($35 vs. $99)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6016 posts
2069 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Got these last year @ 9.99 and personally I found them great. When I got the first pair one of the cable wasn't put in correctly in the volume/power button so I could see the wire inside (hard to explain). I contacted primecables and they sent me another pair.

I'm using them right now at work. listening to music on my phone and youtube. I'm sure I'm geting over 5 hours (or more) before I get a notification that the battery is low because I use them more of my work day.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1031 posts
515 upvotes
ottawa
Btw for anyone considering wireless buds Xiaomi makes a pair for like $30usd. I have a pair of ankers but if I didn't that's where I would've went.
Dec 7, 2016
111 posts
70 upvotes
Marklxndr wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 8:18 am
The Fiio BTR3 also has an amp and DAC built in -- you can save some money and go with the slightly smaller uBTR, which is just the Bluetooth (it does support aptX though): https://www.avshop.ca/recording-studio- ... m_EALw_wcB ($35 vs. $99)
The real deal is always in the comments lol. No, but seriously this is perfect. Now I can use my existing earphones and its Fiio so it probably sounds good.