Travel

Primera Air - low cost carrier to Europe & U.K.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2017 1:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8588 upvotes
GTHA

Primera Air - low cost carrier to Europe & U.K.

Anyone flew with Primera Air before?

It's about to get cheaper to fly to Europe from Toronto
http://www.blogto.com/city/2017/10/fly- ... p-primera/
If you don’t have a vacation planned for summer 2018, consider heading to Paris!

A round trip flight from Toronto to France on super-cheap carrier Primera will now cost you about $500.

The airline has officially announced that it'll service a host of new destinations by next year, of which Toronto is one.

Flights to London, Paris, and Birmingham U.K. are scheduled to begin in May and June respectively. Trips leave from Toronto to both U.K. locations three times weekly, and to Paris four times weekly.

The service is obviously no-frills, though. The cheapest flight option only allows one carry-on bag. If you’d like to check a bag, get a meal, or upgrade your seat, it’ll all cost you extra.

That said, heading to Europe for a few hundreds bucks is nothing to complain about.
5 replies
Banned
Dec 28, 2015
614 posts
239 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Even during summer I can usually find flights around $850 to Europe return on a regular airline. No way a cheapo airline is worth 500ish plus endless fees
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8756 posts
2676 upvotes
Mississauga
Return flight to Paris is around $600 and this is for comfort level.

Is Primera new airline?
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8588 upvotes
GTHA
Raggie wrote: Is Primera new airline?
No, they started in 2003 as a charter provider.

Primera Air is a scheduled operator, operating flights to more than 70 airports in Europe. Primera Air is based in Denmark and Latvia, and is part of the Primera Travel Group that operates travel agencies and tour operating companies in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland and Estonia.
from https://globenewswire.com/news-release/ ... urope.html
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
3615 posts
516 upvotes
Never heard of them, but I hope Norwegian would start flying to Canadian cities. They currently have direct NYC - London flights for cheap. Plus, they provide free wifi.