Expired Hot Deals

[Primera Air] Toronto to Paris $474 Round Trip (June/July)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2018 6:21 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2542 posts
743 upvotes
Kingston
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Apr 5th, 2018 9:03 pm
Really? I found the food in Toronto is more expensive. Tax and tips are all included in the price in Paris. Just don't ask for water. They charge you 2e for it. As a matter of fact, food in Toronto is around 20 to 30% more after you factor in tax and tip on top of the price.
Many restaurant here default 18% tips in their cc machines.
I guess it depends on where and what you eat. I’ve eaten in some of the supposedly best restaurants in Toronto (which were admittedly pricey) and haven’t yet had as good a meal as I’ve had in France at even a low/mid range bistro.
Banned
Mar 13, 2018
1385 posts
666 upvotes
JC69 wrote:
Apr 5th, 2018 10:03 pm
I guess it depends on where and what you eat. I’ve eaten in some of the supposedly best restaurants in Toronto (which were admittedly pricey) and haven’t yet had as good a meal as I’ve had in France at even a low/mid range bistro.
Depends on type of food
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1503 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
Getting slightly off topic, but water is always free in restaurants in France. Just be sure to specify “Carafe d’eau’ rather than a bottle of water. Bottled water, while very cheap in stores will run you close to or more than wine in some restaurants. Tap water is perfectly safe to drink, especially in Paris.
Celebrating 16+ years on RFD!
Jan 19, 2017
472 posts
439 upvotes
rubikas001 wrote:
Apr 5th, 2018 6:43 pm
Woops I forgot to mention that I live in Toronto. So any deals from Toronto to Calgary or Edmonton during August would be great for my family. Also which budget airline are you talking about?
Swoop Air. They'll fly out of Hamilton. Im from Edmonton, now living in Kitchener. Once swoop is up and running things should be a decent price. Also, try Flair Air.
Oct 17, 2015
260 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto, ON
1 checked bag $60
1 veg meal $30
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Penalty Box
Dec 14, 2017
429 posts
653 upvotes
rtookey wrote:
Apr 6th, 2018 7:16 am
Swoop Air. They'll fly out of Hamilton. Im from Edmonton, now living in Kitchener. Once swoop is up and running things should be a decent price. Also, try Flair Air.
Thanks a lot, I checked them out and have great prices even if I add luggages. Only problem, finding dates that'll have enough seats for my entire family that's going. Also I live in Toronto so what would be the best cost effective way to go to Hamilton airport?
Banned
Jul 12, 2016
329 posts
179 upvotes
OP, my congratulations, have a nice Honeymoon! Thank you, it's a very attractive price for such hot period. And very important that it's a direct flight. In general, very useful information about new low cost flights. It seems Primera Air is from Scandinavia, from Finland or Sweden. By the way, their company was founded in 2003. So, they already have a proper experience in this field and I'd like that hereafter their service will be decent and prices - accessible
Feb 18, 2018
403 posts
585 upvotes
Personally don’t like the nickle and dimeing of ULCC personally just go with low season cheaper advance flights
Banned
Dec 25, 2017
168 posts
121 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Apr 5th, 2018 9:03 pm
Really? I found the food in Toronto is more expensive. Tax and tips are all included in the price in Paris. Just don't ask for water. They charge you 2e for it. As a matter of fact, food in Toronto is around 20 to 30% more after you factor in tax and tip on top of the price.
Many restaurant here default 18% tips in their cc machines.
What do you drink if you get charged for water? Why does water cost money at a restaurant lool
[OP]
Nov 8, 2012
437 posts
225 upvotes
London, ON
^^ because they serve bottled, and usually carbonated water when you ask for water. Ask for tap water if you want to not pay
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1807 posts
877 upvotes
AdsJoint wrote:
Apr 6th, 2018 2:02 pm
1 checked bag $60
1 veg meal $30
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Airplane food in economy class generally sucks... why bother paying to be served bad food? Just grab something in the terminal before you board.
Dec 26, 2017
276 posts
164 upvotes
can someone tell me if its a good idea to go to Paris for honeymoon? and what is there to do other than seeing the Eiffel Tower? is 5 nights good enough for paris or do we need more? i wanna be there on June 25th -July 2nd
Nov 23, 2010
994 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
Benzat17 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 9:19 am
can someone tell me if its a good idea to go to Paris for honeymoon? and what is there to do other than seeing the Eiffel Tower? is 5 nights good enough for paris or do we need more? i wanna be there on June 25th -July 2nd
-Cruise the river seine

-Shopping - If your into luxury goods some of them are quite cheap compared to else where (ex. Louis Vuitton) - Shopping can generally be cheaper thanks to the VAT refund

-Versailles

-Visit neighbouring countries - Belgium is an awesome pit stop, fantastic chocolate and beer. Very easy to get to from Paris via the Thalys

-Food - Although if your into Asian food your definitely in the wrong place

-Catacombs of Paris - I thought this was quite cool

-The louvre - Im not into art or museums, but wow theres just a crap ton of stuff to see in that place thats really cool and this is coming from someone that really is not into art or museums at all.

Its a generally very interesting place to visit and see, but as others have mentioned please be VERY aware of your surrondings as I was there recently this past Sept. I visited all the usual tourist places, and there are a ton of pan handlers, and shifty people. Lots of bumping into people as well. This is speaking from the tourisit spots though. I was talking to my hotel concierge and they mentioned they noticed there was a huge influx of syrian refugees.....dont mean to be negative in any way to Syrians (I have a few good Syrian friends) but I think non Syrians may be trying to take advantage of the issues there as I saw a lot of pan handlers advertising they are Syrian refugees, and I think the usual pan handlers are pretending to be Syrian. Again, no offense to Syria and its troubles!!
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2542 posts
743 upvotes
Kingston
Benzat17 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 9:19 am
In addition visit Sacre Coeur/Montmartre for the best view of Paris (also where Amelie was filmed, watch it before you go), go see a movie in English on the Champs D'Elysees in an old style movie theatre (get a copy of Pariscope to check out the weekly events and film lists with languages), watch some Cafe Theatre (sit in a cafe while the performers act around you), visit Monet's lilly pond and house in Giverny, visit the Chateau at Chantilly, time your visit right for the Paris Air Show (one of the worlds premier air shows...note, I can't remember if it’s on every year), walk down the Champs D'Elysees, picnic in a park, go listen to some live music in any one of hundreds of locations, 24h bars and cafes, have a meal on Rue du Lappe (great restaurants), visit the cemeteries to see Chopin's grave, Edith Piaff's etc, visit Notre Dame (of Hunchback fame), go to the Quai D'Orsay museum (which I think is better than the Louvre), visit the flea market at Porte de Clignancourt, shop at outdoor markets where they have entire stalls for Brie, or bread, or just mushrooms, or different types of garlic etc, stand on top of the Arc de Triomphe, stroll around the Latin Quarter, have a coffee in the oldest cafe in Paris, the cafe de L'industrie near Bastille, I love Paris by the way!