Expired Hot Deals

[Primera Air] Toronto to Paris $474 Round Trip (June/July)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2018 6:21 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4875 posts
1933 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
FerinthuI wrote:
Apr 8th, 2018 12:20 am
What do you drink if you get charged for water? Why does water cost money at a restaurant lool
stilltippin wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 8:26 am
^^ because they serve bottled, and usually carbonated water when you ask for water. Ask for tap water if you want to not pay
Actually, they serve tap water in a glass. That would be 2 euro.
Tap water in a large bottle cost more.
Benzat17 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 9:19 am
can someone tell me if its a good idea to go to Paris for honeymoon? and what is there to do other than seeing the Eiffel Tower? is 5 nights good enough for paris or do we need more? i wanna be there on June 25th -July 2nd
That would be a really bad idea. Paris not romantic at all. It is a city full of pick pocket and scams.
You will be easy target if you are on honey moon because people can see it. You will be so busy in keeping your wallet safe and have no fun at all, while at the end still have your wallet stolen.
The most skilled pick pocketers are kids and teenagers.
You pet a puppy, you wallet will be gone.
You walk into a packed subway train, your wallet will be gone.
Do not use your phone close to the door of the train.
They grab your phone and run when the door is closing. They wave you goodbye with your phone in their hand.
For those who like to keep all money and cc on the cover of your phone. I am sorry. You are in deep trouble when they get the phone, and they will.
Last edited by theflyingsquirrel on Apr 9th, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Oct 4, 2010
152 posts
62 upvotes
Torontoish
Showing $622 for me.
Congrats, on the fare and the nuptials, but sadly I won't be joining you guys on your honeymoon.
Apr 5, 2010
364 posts
96 upvotes
Mississauga
Actually Madrid is a great option. But Paris is not bad, unfortunately it's become to crowded but none the less since it's programmed in our head it still feels romantic Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Apr 5, 2010
364 posts
96 upvotes
Mississauga
JC69 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 9:56 am
In addition visit Sacre Coeur/Montmartre for the best view of Paris (also where Amelie was filmed, watch it before you go), go see a movie in English on the Champs D'Elysees in an old style movie theatre (get a copy of Pariscope to check out the weekly events and film lists with languages), watch some Cafe Theatre (sit in a cafe while the performers act around you), visit Monet's lilly pond and house in Giverny, visit the Chateau at Chantilly, time your visit right for the Paris Air Show (one of the worlds premier air shows...note, I can't remember if it’s on every year), walk down the Champs D'Elysees, picnic in a park, go listen to some live music in any one of hundreds of locations, 24h bars and cafes, have a meal on Rue du Lappe (great restaurants), visit the cemeteries to see Chopin's grave, Edith Piaff's etc, visit Notre Dame (of Hunchback fame), go to the Quai D'Orsay museum (which I think is better than the Louvre), visit the flea market at Porte de Clignancourt, shop at outdoor markets where they have entire stalls for Brie, or bread, or just mushrooms, or different types of garlic etc, stand on top of the Arc de Triomphe, stroll around the Latin Quarter, have a coffee in the oldest cafe in Paris, the cafe de L'industrie near Bastille, I love Paris by the way!
Having a set menu I don't find it romantic as it's a scheduled activity like a duty to visit these places. I find walking around hopelessly and discovering all these places at your own pace and saying wow instead of been there done that is much more exhilarating. Especially for a honeymoon when the op would be more focused on the better halfs happiness. IMO Grinning Face
Apr 18, 2009
189 posts
75 upvotes
Hamilton
rubikas001 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2018 5:24 pm
Thanks a lot, I checked them out and have great prices even if I add luggages. Only problem, finding dates that'll have enough seats for my entire family that's going. Also I live in Toronto so what would be the best cost effective way to go to Hamilton airport?
I also wanted to go to edmonton in august but its the most expensive time, may and june are the cheapest time right now. flair and swoop didn't save anything with the cost of baggage. we're probably going to go in june instead. if you must go in august and you don't have a westjet card, it might be worth it to get one because you'll get $250 towards your flight and your wife or any companion will fly round trip for $99 with the companion voucher you also get with the card. as for getting to hamilton, I'd just drive if they have better choices for seats.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
1562 posts
1387 upvotes
Toronto
Booked for end of June.
Now having second thought. I guess they wound not cancel it even withing 24 hours of booking?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2539 posts
740 upvotes
Kingston
dealixious wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 11:03 am
Having a set menu I don't find it romantic as it's a scheduled activity like a duty to visit these places. I find walking around hopelessly and discovering all these places at your own pace and saying wow instead of been there done that is much more exhilarating. Especially for a honeymoon when the op would be more focused on the better halfs happiness. IMO Grinning Face
Did you know you could watch movies in English on the Champs or that Monet's Lilly pond could be visited or that Chopin’s gravesite could be visited. If you just wandered on your own in Paris you’d definitely discover things and I absolutely advise doing just that, but you’d miss out on many many others unless you know about them beforehand. Paris is just too big otherwise.

Nobody is saying to do it all. Someone asked about options.
Last edited by JC69 on Apr 9th, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2539 posts
740 upvotes
Kingston
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 10:38 am
Actually, they serve tap water in a glass. That would be 2 euro.
Tap water in a large bottle cost more.

That would be a really bad idea. Paris not romantic at all. It is a city full of pick pocket and scams.
You will be easy target if you are on honey moon because people can see it. You will be so busy in keeping your wallet safe and have no fun at all, while at the end still have your wallet stolen.
The most skilled pick pocketers are kids and teenagers.
You pet a puppy, you wallet will be gone.
You walk into a packed subway train, your wallet will be gone.
Do not use your phone close to the door of the train.
They grab your phone and run when the door is closing. They wave you goodbye with your phone in their hand.
For those who like to keep all money and cc on the cover of your phone. I am sorry. You are in deep trouble when they get the phone, and they will.
You must not get out much. Just have street smarts and you'll be fine. There are videos of the popular scams that you can watch on YouTube so you can be prepared if you like. I lived there for 3 years and saw a few people get pickpocketed but they were all pretty naive/unaware tourists, not people taking sensible precautions.
Aug 13, 2004
437 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
ilim wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 12:23 pm
Booked for end of June.
Now having second thought. I guess they wound not cancel it even withing 24 hours of booking?
do you have name change for a fee cost? I could maybe buy yours?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
1562 posts
1387 upvotes
Toronto
FJ2067 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 1:45 pm
do you have name change for a fee cost? I could maybe buy yours?
I called to call center they said that they don't do any cancellations and advised me to email to info@prieraair.com
I did but no response as of yet.
That is okay, if they can't do anything we will go and enjoy. Also I bought for family of 3.
Temp. Banned
Dec 14, 2017
332 posts
580 upvotes
wavephonic wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 11:20 am
I also wanted to go to edmonton in august but its the most expensive time, may and june are the cheapest time right now. flair and swoop didn't save anything with the cost of baggage. we're probably going to go in june instead. if you must go in august and you don't have a westjet card, it might be worth it to get one because you'll get $250 towards your flight and your wife or any companion will fly round trip for $99 with the companion voucher you also get with the card. as for getting to hamilton, I'd just drive if they have better choices for seats.
Thanks for your input, where do you apply to get the WestJet card? Also it's a credit card right? Not like some kind of WestJet member card.
Aug 20, 2015
417 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
JC69 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 1:14 pm
You must not get out much. Just have street smarts and you'll be fine. There are videos of the popular scams that you can watch on YouTube so you can be prepared if you like. I lived there for 3 years and saw a few people get pickpocketed but they were all pretty naive/unaware tourists, not people taking sensible precautions.
Yeah, I've been to Paris twice and not once has anything they mentioned happened to me. Just be cautious and you'll be fine. Don't stop to sign someones petition etc.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4875 posts
1933 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
JC69 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 1:14 pm
tsingoo wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 2:24 pm
Yeah, I've been to Paris twice and not once has anything they mentioned happened to me. Just be cautious and you'll be fine. Don't stop to sign someones petition etc.
That is exactly what I thought before I go to Paris and have my wallet picked.
I told myself there are lots of pick pocket there and I have to be careful. And I was always on alert.
When I was in the police station. I was talking to a local and she told me she has her wallet picked once too and she didn't feel a thing when it happened.
You can say that I am one of those naïve people, but no one believe how good they are until they have their wallet picked, including me.
They have school in there teaching the kids how to pick pocket.
Winter is the low season because everyone has their big jacket on. It is much harder to pick.
Living there is different from going there for honeymoon!

When you are on honey moon, everything is new and exciting. And you need to keep taking pictures. It is really easy for them to target you when you are in this state of mind.
Telling people they will be fine with normal common sense would be the worst advice you can give.
Think about people in honeymoon with their wallet picked.
They have no money, no cc, no train ticket and no working phone that can make phone call.
Going from happy honeymoon to desperation in having no idea how to go back to hotel.

People in Canada walk with the zipper of their purse open and half of the wallet is sticking out.
Being careful with common sense means different things in Canada.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2539 posts
740 upvotes
Kingston
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 4:09 pm
I told myself there are lots of pick pocket there and I have to be careful. And I was always on alert.
When I was in the police station. I was talking to a local and she told me she has her wallet picked once too and she didn't feel a thing when it happened.
You can say that I am one of those naïve people, but no one believe how good they are until they have their wallet picked, including me.
Winter is the low season because everyone has their big jacket on. It is much harder to pick.

When you are on honey moon, everything is new and exciting. And you need to keep taking pictures. It is really easy for them to target you when you are in this state of mind.
Telling people they will be fine with normal common sense would be the worst advice you can give.
They have no money, no cc, no train ticket and no working phone that can make phone call.
Going from happy honeymoon to desperation in having no idea how to go back to hotel.

People in Canada walk with the zipper of their purse open and half of the wallet is sticking out.
I disagree. Every single major city in Europe has the same danger and many others around the world. If someone is absolutely determined to get your belongings then they will but stopping an opportunist is more straightforward. There are products by companies such as Pacsafe that you can use that deter thieves or prevent “slash and grabs”, I have one (a backpack) for when I visit some Central American countries. Zippers on pants, wallets that attach to your pants (pacsafe again) don’t wear flashy jewellery, watch out for each other, don’t let strangers engage (distract) you especially if there’s a group of them, groups of animated kids approaching you are likely targeting you, be aware of your surroundings, know the dodgy areas of town before you go out.

The worst advice to give is actually not leaving your own country because you’re too scared to go anywhere else. Just take sensible precautions. Thousands of people visit Paris every year with no issues.
Aug 20, 2015
417 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
Your advice is similar to telling someone they shouldn't go outside because they could get hit by a bus.

Yeah sure, there are a lot of pickpockets/thieves in Paris, same for a lot of honeymoon destinations or tourist spots in general.

Lots of ways to prepare yourself like not keeping all your valuables in one spot and not getting distracted by people approaching you. For example, a woman came up to me at the Eiffel tower asking if i spoke english and if I wanted to sign a petition for deaf and disabled children. I kept walking by her and said no thanks without stopping.

theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 4:09 pm