Expired Hot Deals

[Primera Air] Toronto to Paris $474 Round Trip (June/July)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2018 6:21 pm
Nov 17, 2017
88 posts
157 upvotes
Great deal! I booked yyz to paris mid june and it was $800! Too bad this didn't come sooner.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1305 posts
323 upvotes
434 plus 24.99 for meal on the way back plus 15 visa. For Oct 1 - 10. Should I just lock it in?

I didn't add meal for way there since I can just pack snacks and on the way back I will book a meal since my bags may be more packed.

Also the base price include a carry on and a personal bag right ?
Nov 23, 2010
983 posts
345 upvotes
Toronto
JC69 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 9:56 am
In addition visit Sacre Coeur/Montmartre for the best view of Paris (also where Amelie was filmed, watch it before you go), go see a movie in English on the Champs D'Elysees in an old style movie theatre (get a copy of Pariscope to check out the weekly events and film lists with languages), watch some Cafe Theatre (sit in a cafe while the performers act around you), visit Monet's lilly pond and house in Giverny, visit the Chateau at Chantilly, time your visit right for the Paris Air Show (one of the worlds premier air shows...note, I can't remember if it’s on every year), walk down the Champs D'Elysees, picnic in a park, go listen to some live music in any one of hundreds of locations, 24h bars and cafes, have a meal on Rue du Lappe (great restaurants), visit the cemeteries to see Chopin's grave, Edith Piaff's etc, visit Notre Dame (of Hunchback fame), go to the Quai D'Orsay museum (which I think is better than the Louvre), visit the flea market at Porte de Clignancourt, shop at outdoor markets where they have entire stalls for Brie, or bread, or just mushrooms, or different types of garlic etc, stand on top of the Arc de Triomphe, stroll around the Latin Quarter, have a coffee in the oldest cafe in Paris, the cafe de L'industrie near Bastille, I love Paris by the way!
Just wanted to add - Sacre Du Cour is very nice, and a very worthy visit (since its free admission) - BUT when you head up the hill there will be some very aggressive pan handlers.

When my wife and I went, they stand right in the way and totally stand in your way, they try to tell you a joke or shake your hand, then tie a string around your hand. Then they demand a "donation" for the "good luck charm" that they just tied to your hand.

You can avoid them by taking the tram up, but if you walk up they are very grabby and touchy. Probably the worse, most aggressive beggers. I nearly lost the crepe I was eating because they were trying to grab my hand - No joke

They are very distinct because theres a pack of them at the top of the stairs, all of a particular ethnic group.

There are also a lot of girls/females running around with clipboards - They will ask if you speak English, then talk to you about saving world hunger or something, ask you to sign something then demand you donate to some made up charity.

But going to a tourist spot usually can lead to these types of encounters.

These are my personal experiences, I have heard of crazier ones too.

Still though Paris is a very worthy visit, and despite what I mentioned above I would still not hesitate to go back given the chance. The city is definitely full of character.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2544 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
Just got back in March from Paris. Went to Sacre Du Cour saw the string people never got hassled by them. Was offered cold beer for sale, eiffel tower key chains but not much of a pan handling hassle. The views from the basilica are great, walked past the Moulin Rouge,

I bought a money belt that you put around your neck to save from being pick pocketed. The subways have announcements in many languages saying watch out for the pick pockets.

Paris is definitely pricey. When u land at Charles De Gaulle the train into Paris is 10 Euros. Pick pockets tend to hangout on this trainline to catch weary travellers coming off of long haul flights. Thankfully we did not encounter them but we did lose a cheap camera somewhere in Paris.

Going to Versaille is totally worth it to get out of the big city.
Banned
Dec 25, 2017
168 posts
121 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 10:38 am
Actually, they serve tap water in a glass. That would be 2 euro.
Tap water in a large bottle cost more.
That would be a really bad idea. Paris not romantic at all. It is a city full of pick pocket and scams.
You will be easy target if you are on honey moon because people can see it. You will be so busy in keeping your wallet safe and have no fun at all, while at the end still have your wallet stolen.
The most skilled pick pocketers are kids and teenagers.
You pet a puppy, you wallet will be gone.
You walk into a packed subway train, your wallet will be gone.
Do not use your phone close to the door of the train.
They grab your phone and run when the door is closing. They wave you goodbye with your phone in their hand.
For those who like to keep all money and cc on the cover of your phone. I am sorry. You are in deep trouble when they get the phone, and they will.
2 Euro for tap water? Do you just walk around with a water bottle?
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4860 posts
1922 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
JC69 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 4:23 pm
I disagree. Every single major city in Europe has the same danger and many others around the world. If someone is absolutely determined to get your belongings then they will but stopping an opportunist is more straightforward. There are products by companies such as Pacsafe that you can use that deter thieves or prevent “slash and grabs”, I have one (a backpack) for when I visit some Central American countries. Zippers on pants, wallets that attach to your pants (pacsafe again) don’t wear flashy jewellery, watch out for each other, don’t let strangers engage (distract) you especially if there’s a group of them, groups of animated kids approaching you are likely targeting you, be aware of your surroundings, know the dodgy areas of town before you go out.

The worst advice to give is actually not leaving your own country because you’re too scared to go anywhere else. Just take sensible precautions. Thousands of people visit Paris every year with no issues.
tsingoo wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 4:40 pm
Your advice is similar to telling someone they shouldn't go outside because they could get hit by a bus.

Yeah sure, there are a lot of pickpockets/thieves in Paris, same for a lot of honeymoon destinations or tourist spots in general.

Lots of ways to prepare yourself like not keeping all your valuables in one spot and not getting distracted by people approaching you. For example, a woman came up to me at the Eiffel tower asking if i spoke english and if I wanted to sign a petition for deaf and disabled children. I kept walking by her and said no thanks without stopping.
Did you actually read what I wrote? There is not a single word in there telling people to stay home and not going outside.
I simply saying Paris is not a good place for honeymoon. So with your theory, since they should not fear to go outside, they should go to central America for honeymoon?
There are place that you can go, but not suitable for certain event and with certain people.
Again, the worst advice is to tell people they are safe if they go to places with common sense.
You can go to the most dangerous place in the world. It is fine. However, if you walking in with the mindset of with common sense, you will be fine, then you probably wont make it back home.
It takes preparation to survive. It is half of the war.
If you still think that I do not get out much, then please read my words again until you get my message.
People who do not get out much usually doesn't know how dangerous the world is and go with only common sense.
You need to know a trick to beat a trick.
And more importantly, one should prepare for what to do when passport and wallet are stolen.
Have all the number ready to call in and cancel cc immediately.
Have a working emergency phone that can call.
Have money stored in a few different places.
Have a copy of the passport and important document scanned and saved in the draft of email account.
Have a hard copy of the passport and important document printed and put it somewhere else.
You will panic when you lost your passport and wallet, but if you prepared for it. You get out of the panic mode and react much faster.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2539 posts
740 upvotes
Kingston
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 11:47 pm
Did you actually read what I wrote? There is not a single word in there telling people to stay home and not going outside.
I simply saying Paris is not a good place for honeymoon. So with your theory, since they should not fear to go outside, they should go to central America for honeymoon?
There are place that you can go, but not suitable for certain event and with certain people.
Again, the worst advice is to tell people they are safe if they go to places with common sense.
You can go to the most dangerous place in the world. It is fine. However, if you walking in with the mindset of with common sense, you will be fine, then you probably wont make it back home.
It takes preparation to survive. It is half of the war.
If you still think that I do not get out much, then please read my words again until you get my message.
People who do not get out much usually doesn't know how dangerous the world is and go with only common sense.
You need to know a trick to beat a trick.
And more importantly, one should prepare for what to do when passport and wallet are stolen.
Have all the number ready to call in and cancel cc immediately.
Have a working emergency phone that can call.
Have money stored in a few different places.
Have a copy of the passport and important document scanned and saved in the draft of email account.
Have a hard copy of the passport and important document printed and put it somewhere else.
You will panic when you lost your passport and wallet, but if you prepared for it. You get out of the panic mode and react much faster.
Well since it’s universally thought of as one of the most romantic cities in the world I’d say you’re wrong again.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4860 posts
1922 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
JC69 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2018 9:17 am
Well since it’s universally thought of as one of the most romantic cities in the world I’d say you’re wrong again.
People still have the old Paris in mind when they think about Paris. It is totally different now.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
[OP]
Nov 8, 2012
423 posts
207 upvotes
London, ON
For the record, ive been to Paris 6 or 7 times, and never had a problem. Sure, pick pocketing can happen, but use some common sense, as with many places in the world and you'll be more than fine
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4860 posts
1922 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
stilltippin wrote:
Apr 10th, 2018 10:19 am
For the record, ive been to Paris 6 or 7 times, and never had a problem. Sure, pick pocketing can happen, but use some common sense, as with many places in the world and you'll be more than fine
I hope you didn't mean you've been to honeymoon in Paris for 6 to 7 times so that you know people will be more than fine with a little common sense when go honeymoon there.

Oh, by the way, if you are Asian, especially Chinese, you have 80% more chance of being targeted. Chinese people are known to carry a lot of cash. And the police in Paris told me there are groups who specially target Chinese.
Aug 13, 2004
437 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
The deal is still on! I just booked early july for $550 per ticket incl. checked bag. Can't wait to bring my own food :twisted:

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
May 1, 2003
1859 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
I agree with the sentiments that flyingsquirrel, GSD and chillychin are echoing. Nice city, but be very very careful with your belongings. Never carry too much money and keep backups of money/credit cards handy just in case.

Also i wouldn't go there for a honeymoon, maybe as a stop over or as part of an itenirary if you're doing the south of france or spain or something.
Jul 31, 2017
83 posts
5 upvotes
I thought Paris was pretty romantic and would be a great place for a honeymoon. I never felt unsafe in Paris, or had any of my belongings stolen. Of course, you do need to exercise common sense. Try to dress like the locals, keep your belongs in sight, never leave anything in your car (if you have one). But no need to go overboard.