Expired Hot Deals

[primevideo] TENET UHD $7.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2021 7:16 am
39 replies
Apr 14, 2008
247 posts
105 upvotes
sinot wrote: I know it is not for everyone but for $7.99, I am giving it a try.
Seems to be some good deals on UHD/HDR purchases on Prime right now - all the Harry Potters are $6.99 each...
Jul 23, 2007
299 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
I can only speak for the Google Play version, but IMAX filmed scenes don't appear in full screen in the digital version like it does in the physical version.
Nov 8, 2018
191 posts
280 upvotes
Whoa! Does it allow us to watch the movie in reverse and finally make some sense of what's going on?
Sep 2, 2017
860 posts
1080 upvotes
Ontario
Noooooo you can't go and post deals on movies I don't understand or want to understand because it requires me to think a little, therefore I hate it!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8616 posts
5554 upvotes
Toronto
the real hot deal is downloading this mediocre movie for free
Jan 6, 2020
40 posts
95 upvotes
Jimbo67 wrote: Noooooo you can't go and post deals on movies I don't understand or want to understand because it requires me to think a little, therefore I hate it!
Noooooo people cant have their own opinion and dislike a movie because I like the movie, therefore I am going to attack their apparent lack of perspicacity!
Sep 2, 2017
860 posts
1080 upvotes
Ontario
MediocreDealsForYou wrote: Noooooo people cant have their own opinion and dislike a movie because I like the movie, therefore I am going to attack their apparent lack of perspicacity!
Nooooooooo I will click on a thread of a movie I don't like to state my opinion of said movie because I am a special boy!
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1578 posts
1956 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Jimbo67 wrote: Nooooooooo I will click on a thread of a movie I don't like to state my opinion of said movie because I am a special boy!
Nooooooooo I will click on a thread of a movie I like to state my opinion of people who don't like the movie and complain about their complaining, because I have a complete lack of self-awareness!

Like, you really could have said nothing, or kept your opinions to whether not this is, in fact, a hot deal. Christopher Nolan will go to sleep at night on a pile of money regardless of what any of us has to say, good or bad.

I'm a physical media dinosaur, but $7.99 is a good price for UHD; curious to know whether it crops the aspect ratio like the Google Play version.
Sep 2, 2017
860 posts
1080 upvotes
Ontario
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote: Nooooooooo I will click on a thread of a movie I like to state my opinion of people who don't like the movie and complain about their complaining, because I have a complete lack of self-awareness!

Like, you really could have said nothing, or kept your opinions to whether not this is, in fact, a hot deal. Christopher Nolan will go to sleep at night on a pile of money regardless of what any of us has to say, good or bad.

I'm a physical media dinosaur, but $7.99 is a good price for UHD; curious to know whether it crops the aspect ratio like the Google Play version.
I didn't have an opinion nor did I state if I liked it or not, just poking fun at people going to threads where the title is clearly of the movie they don't like to state how much they don't like it.
But I did up vote it because it's a good price.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1247 posts
3137 upvotes
Jimbo67 wrote: I didn't have an opinion nor did I state if I liked it or not, just poking fun at people going to threads where the title is clearly of the movie they don't like to state how much they don't like it.
But I did up vote it because it's a good price.
You don't think it's appropriate to tell people a product is bad on a deals forum? So we're clear, we try to save each other money here ...

You okay bro?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
20099 posts
23484 upvotes
Jimbo67 wrote: Noooooo you can't go and post deals on movies I don't understand or want to understand because it requires me to think a little, therefore I hate it!
I don’t understand gangrene and I still hate it.

Apparently I haven't been navel gazing garbage long enough to appreciate it's value.

Terrible movie made worse by it's own perceived self-importance.
Sep 2, 2017
860 posts
1080 upvotes
Ontario
DeltaSingh wrote: You don't think it's appropriate to tell people a product is bad on a deals forum? So we're clear, we try to save each other money here ...

You okay bro?
So how cheap do you think it should be till a movie someone doesn't like is a good deal? Someone already answered above, exactly, no price will be a good deal to them so it's pointless, bro.
redflagdealsguy wrote: I don’t understand gangrene and I still hate it.

Apparently I haven't been navel gazing garbage long enough to appreciate it's value.

Terrible movie made worse by it's own perceived self-importance.
I don't understand quantum physics and hate it too.
Aug 13, 2018
59 posts
73 upvotes
In true Tenet fashion I paid them to upload it to their servers and removed this movie from my life.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1250 posts
1021 upvotes
Toronto
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote: Nooooooooo I will click on a thread of a movie I like to state my opinion of people who don't like the movie and complain about their complaining, because I have a complete lack of self-awareness!

Thanks, was about to use my google play credits on this movie. I'm curious to know which platform is best to view this movie without any cropping or edits etc.......might be too soon.
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1235 posts
404 upvotes
I just watched this film on Crave. IMO, that's a better "deal" than an eight dollar rental.

As for my critique of the content: I'm a big fan of Nolan, but this one is just not good. It's just TOO MUCH. He really stuffed his own head way up there on this one. I'm sure if it were to be dissected shot by shot, there's a timeline which makes sense, but as presented on-screen to the audience, it's just not a fun experience.
Dec 14, 2013
164 posts
250 upvotes
AJAX
ReeGee wrote: the real hot deal is downloading this mediocre movie for free
You are overhyping this movie by calling it mediocre... :/