1/2 in. dr Click-Type Torque Wrench $18.88

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2020 4:34 pm
Sep 26, 2009
155 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else having issues trying to get it shipped? I keep getting this error:

I've even tried getting it delivered to a Canada Post location and I still get an error.

Edit: Now I can't even add items to my cart. RFD effect?
Aug 4, 2007
55 posts
16 upvotes
Toroton
At lease made in Taiwan, the quality should be trusted, my bike torque wrench came from same place but it's costly
Dec 31, 2005
386 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
Had mine for at least 7yrs and it only seemed to stray by only a couple pounds after a while. I swap btw my track, summer, & winter tires on and off a few times a year and it's held up just fine. DIY recalibration was easy too using a 30lb weight.
Oct 13, 2015
192 posts
104 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Bally wrote: At lease made in Taiwan, the quality should be trusted, my bike torque wrench came from same place but it's costly
Watch this Youtube video; it is very hard to kill a torque wrench.
Jul 23, 2012
508 posts
201 upvotes
Montreal
wiffle wrote: Anyone know of a 1/2in to hex bit adapter? Found this https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000HB ... UTF8&psc=1 but it's for a 1/4 in driver.
First to answer your question, I think you could use a 1/2" to 1/4" reducer so you can fit that adapter. Now my opinion, I don't think you would find a 1/2" to hex bit adapter since the torque that would be applied to the bit from a 1/2" wrench might shear the bit unless it's impact resistant (these tend to be made of sterner stuff); had it happen to me with a 3/8" wrench, used an impact resistant bit which worked with no issues.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2018
1137 posts
1605 upvotes
Universe
jaydubayew wrote: Anyone else having issues trying to get it shipped? I keep getting this error:

I've even tried getting it delivered to a Canada Post location and I still get an error.

Edit: Now I can't even add items to my cart. RFD effect?
I have the same error no matter how I try.
Either it’s RFD effect or perhaps we have to wait for the actual date (May 26) - albeit I bought several items from PA prior to actual sale before, hmm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8946 posts
1503 upvotes
TO
fullyreclined wrote: Had mine for at least 7yrs and it only seemed to stray by only a couple pounds after a while. I swap btw my track, summer, & winter tires on and off a few times a year and it's held up just fine. DIY recalibration was easy too using a 30lb weight.
Thanks I bought the$25 one in box, will look up how to calibrate.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Apr 26, 2017
74 posts
241 upvotes
Was able to order 1 to be picked up in store just now. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3151 posts
791 upvotes
Alberta
any free ship filler? $14 for ship is harsh!
Aug 18, 2019
355 posts
291 upvotes
CertainSomeone wrote: I have the same error no matter how I try.
Either it’s RFD effect or perhaps we have to wait for the actual date (May 26) - albeit I bought several items from PA prior to actual sale before, hmm
Quite possibly it's not RFD. Just crappy buggy PA website. Did you try ordering it with your logged in account? Or guest account? Or new secondary account? I had similar problems months ago that made me abandon my primary account. Let me know how it goes.
~ 👍[email protected]✌️~
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9771 posts
13817 upvotes
GT-EH
TorontoEh wrote: someone on the 24.99 thread (different sku) posted photo from the store that had 18.88 price tags on the shelf from a while back. Lots of posters said 25 one was better quality.
I received mine today... the $25 one is made in Taiwan if that matters; comes with a calibration cert and a blue case.
What's the best credit card for...
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3151 posts
791 upvotes
Alberta
Order went through fine for me. Checked out as a guest.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1002 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Worked for me just now. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1556 posts
254 upvotes
Does anyone know If the currently on sale torque wrench is made in Taiwan or China? Online QA doesn’t help - one says Taiwan while another says China. Thank you.
Sep 26, 2009
155 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
CertainSomeone wrote: I have the same error no matter how I try.
Realized it might be my browser that was giving me issues, maybe AdBlock or something. Try incognito or another browser!
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1263 posts
676 upvotes
Vancouver
I have a 1/2" PA torque wrench I bought in 2008. Calibration was not even close to what the paper said. Actual torque curve was not linear and values were not repeatable. I used to work in a lab and checked it against our lab torque meter. I wonder if they will still warranty it.

I also have a 3/8" version. Again, calibration was not what the paper said, but this one was within the range you'd expect from a click style wrench. I still use it today.

I also have a $10 1/2" torque wrench from harbor freight. Calibration was pretty good for click style wrench. I wish I bought more of these.
Jan 2, 2014
802 posts
499 upvotes
I ordered this just because I don't have one at all and my tyres are on a "range" so it will be close enough for seasonal swaps.

I ordered a few other things for FS as well (sprayers also posted)
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
2466 posts
2002 upvotes
GTA West
So how do you check the calibration on these? One mechanic told me I had to reset my wrench to zero in between uses and only set it before using using it, to maintain the calibration. Does that make sense?

I have the impression that almost no-one has properly calibrated tools. Garage always seem to overfasten.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)