Expired Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] 1/2 in Dr click type torque wrench ($19.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2019 1:58 pm
Jan 28, 2008
177 posts
129 upvotes
Thanks OP. Just bought the Maximum from CT last week will be returning it $70 on sale already. Great savings!
May 26, 2019
4 posts
4 upvotes
On my way home from work yesterday, I had a feeling my nuts were loose. When I got home I checked and sure enough I was able to turn my nuts with my fingers. I got this puppy out and made sure my nuts were torqued properly. Thanks OP for the great deal.
Oct 29, 2004
915 posts
220 upvotes
GTA
rajat001 wrote: Teeth are 24 instead of 48 ...
So this $19.99 one with 48 gear teeth is actually better than the $49.99 one with 24 gear teeth? The $49.99 one does come with a blue protection case though.
Oct 29, 2004
915 posts
220 upvotes
GTA
divx wrote: i have issue with torque setting below 20, may not be issue for you guys.
What was the issue with torque setting below 20? It supports 10 to 150 ft-lb torque according to specs.
Oct 9, 2013
221 posts
37 upvotes
Calgary
spyhero wrote: So this $19.99 one with 48 gear teeth is actually better than the $49.99 one with 24 gear teeth? The $49.99 one does come with a blue protection case though.
I am not sure which one would be better ... might be less teeth has longer life and easy to use....

Someone else can write their experience???
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
2374 posts
1480 upvotes
Toronto
rajat001 wrote: I am not sure which one would be better ... might be less teeth has longer life and easy to use....

Someone else can write their experience???
Not sure which has a longer life span but, if you're working in tight spots the one on sale for $19.99 would be better. It has more engagement points. Everyone getting this is doing it for mostly changing out their tires so gear teeth may not be a big factor.
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3142 posts
1501 upvotes
Toronto
do people still reset their torque wrenches down to its lowest setting after each use?

not sure whether it still impacts wrench calibration or if it's negligible
Jan 23, 2017
127 posts
118 upvotes
DIY method for calibrating your torque wrench with a luggage scale.
Jan 28, 2008
177 posts
129 upvotes
There was no 3/8 yesterday at Dixie, I asked they said it might be out today as Mega Smashers.

If anyone is going today can anyone please confirm. Tnx.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2261 posts
487 upvotes
325i wrote: Thanks guys.... I'm in, can't beat $13!!!

With that said - I HATE dealing with stuck-on wheels.....
Try loosening up the lugnuts a little, drive forwards quickly and brake, repeat in the backwards direction. Kinda a ghetto way to loosen stuck on rims, but it works. Clean the rotor surface and mating rim surfaces with a wire brush, apply some anti-seize grease where the rim touches the rotor hat, and next time things will go easier.
Last edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove on May 30th, 2019 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
My avatar is Shandi Finnessey
Play Hay Day!
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1376 posts
39 upvotes
at woodbine/hwy 7 there were about 5 3/8 left. they are located in the surplus section and heat shrinked in plastic. no fancy packaging or anything. looks and feels quite well built.
Aug 31, 2006
742 posts
454 upvotes
Norilsk
chadw01 wrote: do people still reset their torque wrenches down to its lowest setting after each use?

not sure whether it still impacts wrench calibration or if it's negligible
I turn it down and keep it engaged at just under 20lbs after each use. and keep it stored in the nice protective case it comes in when bought it on a similar sale at princess auto two years ago.

Love it.

right after I got it, borrowed a 1/2 inch to 3/8 socket adapter from my friend .... forever.
To keep it lasting and in good condition, I use a crow bar for a breaker bar when swapping out tires, only use this to finish the job and again the next day after driving for a bit to make sure they are right.
If I robbed the place I would be out by now....