Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Princess Auto

1/2 in. dr Click Type Torque Wrench $19.99 & Breaker Bar $9

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2019 11:57 am
Jan 28, 2015
241 posts
82 upvotes
Mississauga
Where do you guys buy the bit that goes onto this so it can catch the lug nut & are they universal size?
Apr 5, 2009
198 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
AMAZIN wrote: Where do you guys buy the bit that goes onto this so it can catch the lug nut & are they universal size?
The wrench is 1/2 inch, so you need a 1/2 inch socket for it. Basically you need to find out which size your lug nuts are.. So i'm going to go buy an impact socket thats 1/2 inch by 21mm (my lugs fit 21mm) or so. You can find impact sockets mostly at every hardware store or Amazon.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2623 posts
3724 upvotes
GTA
Some lug nuts are 3/4", some are 19mm (basically same as 3/4"). Some are other sizes, like another poster mentioned.
Figure out what size yours are (measure the wrench that came with your jack, or you can iikely just google for it) and buy a 1/2" socket in that size, ideally a deep socket, as that gives you some more clearance with fenders and wheels.
If you have a domestic car, it may be imperial or metric measurement, so measure both. If you drive an import, it will be a metric size.

Impact vs. non-impact doesn't really matter here. A 6 point (6 sided) socket grips a bit better than a 12 point (12 sided), but both work fine.
Visit your local Canadian Tire/Part Source, Home Depot/Rona/Lowes, Home Hardware/local hardware store, Princess Auto/auto parts store, etc.. All likely carry this. amazon might be a few $ cheaper if you know your size, but more hassle for returns if you get it wrong.

As said above, a deep socket (bit more $) gives more clearance. You can use an extension, but I find them more unwieldy than a deep socket for lug nuts.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4952 posts
1086 upvotes
Local store didn't have the $20 3/8 in stock.

I picked up the powerfist 3/8 with a case for $24.99 instead. It's 10-80ft lb, but that's all I need it for. Just tightening down brake caliper, drain plug bolts and other small jobs.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."
Aug 24, 2006
269 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
Questionz wrote: I wonder how this compares to the recent breaker bar + torque wrench that went on sale for $60 at CT?
If you mean this, then the info you're looking for is in the previous posts:
pradstoronto wrote: Is this torque wrench and breaker bar better than this.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maxi ... 1781p.html

I bought this kit for 70$. Should I return and buy from princess auto?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
1096 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up today for $20

comes with a case!
Images
  • IMG_0198.JPG
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1369 posts
1203 upvotes
Brampton
Had to get the 3/8" in case for $25.....stock is non existent for it at any location, and no rain checks. They have lots of the 1/2" still for $20 though.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2004
1094 posts
968 upvotes
Toronto
been using this for years.

great product
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
wow, good price on the breaker bar. Need to get one. Have a couple of the canadian tire ones, but you never have enough of them.

Put a breaker bar in the trunk of each car, better than fiddling with that factory tire iron. Also doubles as a personal protection out here in dah Scarberia.
Banned
Oct 27, 2016
94 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought this (3/8" version) torque wrench for the same price when Princess Auto had this on sale a couple months ago and I have to say it is total junk, the handle fell apart after a single application (suspension install)
The Greatest Internet Poster of All Time
Jun 27, 2013
326 posts
63 upvotes
Markham
offtopic I have nothing to add. I saw a comment for maximum products and I just wanted to know if anyone has done this with success. I have a maximum 200something piece socket wrench set. Is it possible to claim warranty on the entire set rather than doing one by one? I have used majority of the pieces and over the years the material isn't holding up.
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11102 posts
6746 upvotes
Toronto
flasheverything wrote: offtopic I have nothing to add. I saw a comment for maximum products and I just wanted to know if anyone has done this with success. I have a maximum 200something piece socket wrench set. Is it possible to claim warranty on the entire set rather than doing one by one? I have used majority of the pieces and over the years the material isn't holding up.
Bring it to Canadian Tire and ask.
Oct 13, 2015
219 posts
124 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
flasheverything wrote: offtopic I have nothing to add. I saw a comment for maximum products and I just wanted to know if anyone has done this with success. I have a maximum 200something piece socket wrench set. Is it possible to claim warranty on the entire set rather than doing one by one? I have used majority of the pieces and over the years the material isn't holding up.
They will replace the defective one with new piece.
Nov 6, 2011
14 posts
13 upvotes
GTA - Woodbridge
Just picked up 3/8" power fist torque wrench with a case for $24.99 after price adjustment done by an employee.

Thank you, OP!
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1518 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote: I hear Power Fist is garbo quality but PA is pretty lenient in their return/exchange policy.
I bought the 'hot buy' $20 version of the 3/8. Used it a handful of times before it stopped clicking. One year warranty period had just expired, but staff had no issue giving me a credit to purchase the $25 one. Apparently the broken one is made in Taiwan and it was a special purchase, no longer carried by PA. Overall, crappy product but great customer service!
Oct 23, 2005
684 posts
257 upvotes
a bit confused here.... so which one is better 1/2"? One with the case or the one without the case?
Jul 10, 2003
787 posts
684 upvotes
Toronto
dasiuyan wrote: a bit confused here.... so which one is better 1/2"? One with the case or the one without the case?
Judging by the posts above and personal experience... Spend the extra $5 and get the 3/8" Powerfist one with the case. I have had it for about 3 years now and it's still going strong.

EDIT: Sorry, it's the 1/2" that I have and it's only $20 as well now https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p2919389e
Last edited by ironchefff on Dec 31st, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)