Expired Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] 1/2" drive Torque Wrench $19.99 (Oct 13-25)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2020 6:26 pm
Dec 29, 2016
156 posts
12 upvotes
Anyone find a digital version of that flyer? Looking for floor jack as well.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10637 posts
4997 upvotes
linuxfan wrote: bought from princess auto for $25 + shipping in 2009, use it for switching 2 set of wheels for 2 cars twice a year since then. It's still good.
Also paid $25 around that time in store and been using it since for 4 vehicles 2 times per year and still works good was well worth the $$...

I have a snap on digital one also ill grab once in a while and the $25 is just as good just not fancy.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Mar 4, 2006
121 posts
313 upvotes
GTA
18066sg001 wrote: Is the SKU same as what shows on the flyer? That SKU was not listed on PA's website.
Yes. The packaging has 8533168 as the SKU.
Screenshot 2020-10-11 195558.jpg
Oct 22, 2006
127 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver
Saw a bunch right at the front door in the Coquitlam location. I think this is an everyday price. Good deal for a torque wrench regardless
Nov 17, 2013
913 posts
154 upvotes
WINNIPEG
so to do you own tire changes, I would need the torque wrench, a beaker bar and both Metric and SAE sockets? I'm not sure if I'm getting a diff vehicle in the near future so would those sockets cover most possible lug nut sizes? or can I use sockets from my socket wrench set?
Do I need a lug wrench also??

Are those high-vis poly wheel chucks at $5.55 a good investment too? I need 3 or just 2? or cut 2x4 just as good?
SizzleChest wrote: https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8533168e

10-150 ft-lbs.

Power fist coloured impact socket sets (shallow only) will also be on sale during the same time period for $19.99 each set.
Metric
SAE
Sep 18, 2019
190 posts
256 upvotes
vrredflag wrote: so to do you own tire changes, I would need the torque wrench, a beaker bar and both Metric and SAE sockets? I'm not sure if I'm getting a diff vehicle in the near future so would those sockets cover most possible lug nut sizes? or can I use sockets from my socket wrench set?
Do I need a lug wrench also??

Are those high-vis poly wheel chucks at $5.55 a good investment too? I need 3 or just 2? or cut 2x4 just as good?
ok i will help you out, so most normal cars using 19mm or 21mm socket, so just have those 2 is kind of good enough.

yes you need at least 18" breaker bar and mostly around 80ft.lb for torque wrench.

some cars usually have the lug wrench stored on emergency kit, so you can use that if you have, but you don't need them.

you also don't need wheel chucks, just use 2x4 or brick and you are good, 2 is more than enough.

you might need big hammer in case you wheel stuck to the rotor, which is a common problem, or using horse kick method might work too.
Nov 17, 2013
913 posts
154 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Thanks!
quetzpro wrote: ok i will help you out, so most normal cars using 19mm or 21mm socket, so just have those 2 is kind of good enough.

yes you need at least 18" breaker bar and mostly around 80ft.lb for torque wrench.

some cars usually have the lug wrench stored on emergency kit, so you can use that if you have, but you don't need them.

you also don't need wheel chucks, just use 2x4 or brick and you are good, 2 is more than enough.

you might need big hammer in case you wheel stuck to the rotor, which is a common problem, or using horse kick method might work too.
Mar 31, 2011
226 posts
186 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
CanadianConsumerYEG wrote: That goes on sale at CT for $12-15 regularly.
SizzleChest wrote: It does and it may be a sufficient tool but I believe the Lee Valley model is considerably thicker and stronger.
MAXIMUM 24" breaker bar @ CT for $15 starting today...
Buying things you don't need is what RFD is all about.
Sep 9, 2013
597 posts
429 upvotes
Ottawa
Blustreak wrote: MAXIMUM 24" breaker bar @ CT for $15 starting today...
Bought this, a bit flimsy but should do the job and lifetime warranty.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5076 upvotes
ON
JrGongMarley wrote: seen lots yesterday in the Calgary NE location.

anyone know where I can find the recommended torque for brake calipers on a 2015 toyota corolla
It's 1 ugga dugga for shmal car and 2 for SUV ,trucks.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5076 upvotes
ON
quetzpro wrote: ok i will help you out, so most normal cars using 19mm or 21mm socket, so just have those 2 is kind of good enough.

What exactly do you hit with this big hammer of yours ? Hopefully not your alloy wheels.
If the wheel is stuck, loosen the lugnuts slightly and slowly let the weight of the vehicle back on the tire. That should break the bond, but if it doesn't, gently rock side to side and look for movement.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5076 upvotes
ON
beneran89 wrote: I believe you're talking about the two bolts that fasten the rear caliper to the bracket? If so, it's between 20ftlb to 25ftlb or hand tight. Never done this for a Japanese car but if the clearance is not much different to a vw then you might want a 3/8" torque wrench to have the clearance with the socket to properly torque it; after tightening by hand, when I used my torque wrench it clicked indicating I reached the torque.

Got the info from here (scroll down near the end of the page where the guy reassembles things):
https://www.paulstravelpictures.com/201 ... index.html

Got that specific page from this post on toyota nation: https://www.toyotanation.com/threads/11 ... ad.900337/

Best of luck!
Hand tight ? You must have a hell of a grip son, to get bolts to 25footlbs by hand.
Those bolts require locktite as well. Red for caliper to bracket. Needs to be heat resistant.
Aug 17, 2008
941 posts
485 upvotes
SASKATOON
Wow princess auto sent me two. Sent me
Two of everything in my order but only charged me for
One.