Expired Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] 1/2" drive Torque Wrench $19.99 (Oct 13-25)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2020 6:26 pm
Sep 18, 2019
190 posts
256 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote: What exactly do you hit with this big hammer of yours ? Hopefully not your alloy wheels.
If the wheel is stuck, loosen the lugnuts slightly and slowly let the weight of the vehicle back on the tire. That should break the bond, but if it doesn't, gently rock side to side and look for movement.
hit the tires yes, anything with rubber material :)

i tried that method too since it was too stuck no matter how hard i hit, and it worked like a charm :)
Jul 23, 2012
465 posts
172 upvotes
Montreal
dilligafeh wrote: Hand tight ? You must have a hell of a grip son, to get bolts to 25footlbs by hand.
Those bolts require locktite as well. Red for caliper to bracket. Needs to be heat resistant.
:razz:, thank you for the chuckle. It's normally understood that a tool is used to hand tighten it, in this case a wrench. Good point on the locktite, when I did my rotors, and brakes the bolts already came with it applied however I can imagine some don't, and require the application.
Apr 3, 2007
659 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
Is there any other torque wrenches at princess auto since this sale is over? I want to order stuff from there to get free shipping
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
1868 posts
458 upvotes
I used this torque wretch for the first time 2 weeks ago when I swapped my tires. My only issue with it is that after locking wretch at desired torque at say 88 ft lb, when I actually torque my lug nuts, the handle turns counterclockwise very slightly to 86 ft lb - as if the locking isn't 100% reliable. Is this expected from a $20 torque wretch?
Last edited by UNDFTDss on Oct 29th, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
2731 posts
3308 upvotes
Calgary
UNDFTDss wrote: I used this torque wretch for the first time 2 weeks ago when I swapped my tires. My only issue with it is that after locking wretch at desired torque at say 88 ft lb, when I actually torque my lug nuts, the handle turns counterclockwise very slightly to 86 ft lb - as if the locking is 100% reliable. Is this expected from a $20 torque wretch?
Mine does that as well. Wouldn't worry about it too much since the accuracy is +/- 4% according to literature. You could always add one more lb-ft to compensate. If anything, just make sure to re-torque your tires after a few drives.

As an FYI, if anyone is looking for deep sockets which is what I prefer when working on the wheels (wrench is farther away from the body), Home Depot has the Husky 1/2" drive metric deep socket set for sale $39.97.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/husky- ... 1000774385