Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Princess Auto

1.6 Litre Gas/Oil Extractor

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2019 2:36 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1842 posts
575 upvotes

[Princess Auto] 1.6 Litre Gas/Oil Extractor

1.6 Litre Gas/Oil Extractor $9.99 40% off
Reg. $16.99
It can use used to empty out gas from lawn mower etc.
My intention is use on car if it's possible to extract access oil, say 1/2 Litre or so.
I cannot comment on how good product is, until I tested.
15 replies
Jul 28, 2010
780 posts
1030 upvotes
Montreal
I bought these $1-$1.50 'Portable Car Manual Hand Siphon Pump' from ebay. It works fine for transferring snowblower gas to a can.
Jul 4, 2018
957 posts
823 upvotes
klamyo wrote: I bought these $1-$1.50 'Portable Car Manual Hand Siphon Pump' from ebay. It works fine for transferring snowblower gas to a can.
Link please?
Put some resphek on my name!
May 3, 2007
563 posts
850 upvotes
地球
Smiling Face With SunglassesI never have to pay for gas again with this bad boy
My wallet can only handle so much, must stop looking
Banned
Nov 20, 2009
1323 posts
993 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
I bought this a few years ago. The problem is that cold oil does not flow well, and warm oil softens the plastic bottle which collapses when you pump a vacuum into it. The bottle has to be much thicker to not collapse. I used this through my diesel's dipstick and it took an hour to get the oil out. I pumped, then had to wait for the bottle to regain its shake, then pump again...
Jul 28, 2010
780 posts
1030 upvotes
Montreal
lead wrote: That's been around for decades not a great product.Glad its cheap
Ya but sometimes it helps when someone tells you, 'even if it's cheap, it works' .
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
3204 posts
1094 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
lead wrote: That's been around for decades not a great product.Glad its cheap
Never seen that version before, with inlet and outlet at the same end. I've had the straight through type for a decade or two - from Canadian Tire, I think.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1842 posts
575 upvotes
RSole wrote: I bought this a few years ago. The problem is that cold oil does not flow well, and warm oil softens the plastic bottle which collapses when you pump a vacuum into it. The bottle has to be much thicker to not collapse. I used this through my diesel's dipstick and it took an hour to get the oil out. I pumped, then had to wait for the bottle to regain its shake, then pump again...
It's good to know the flaws of design. What if you change to different type of plastic hose, let say hose that is more sturdier. When I inspected the bottle, it looks like hard plastic to me. (not thick thick). Some guys in automotive section said they pour in too much oil and had problem removing it. I never had the problem yet. I always pour in 3 litre first which brings me to low mark then I go gingerly to 3/4 mark level. The idea here is to remove 1 litre or so. If you can remove 3 or 4 litre that would be fantastic too.

$100 metal pump canister they have in auto shop. They say you pump few times then the oil drains out automatically. Not too much pumping. Is that how it works?

The other idea was make one yourself. (do it yourself idea)

Something like this. Video is in Spanish

I think CT has similar bottle spray bottle, I don't know about internal parts

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/spra ... p.html#srp

Princess Auto sells similar bottle I think too.
Jul 28, 2010
780 posts
1030 upvotes
Montreal
I bought this kind of bottle at dollarama around $4. Works well to spray weed killer..
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12014 posts
4369 upvotes
Winnipeg
Marzipan wrote: Never seen that version before, with inlet and outlet at the same end. I've had the straight through type for a decade or two - from Canadian Tire, I think.
Are u sure cause the old one I found in the garage is identical. Eventually the plastic cracks too. They have a battery powered for gas for 30 available at "as seen on TV" stores. Must be an improvement in the old drill attachment version that got pulled for safety reasons.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1842 posts
575 upvotes
lead wrote: Are u sure cause the old one I found in the garage is identical. Eventually the plastic cracks too. They have a battery powered for gas for 30 available at "as seen on TV" stores. Must be an improvement in the old drill attachment version that got pulled for safety reasons.
I am also think about drill attachment pump to incorporate into my idea somehow. The other idea is to use tire inflator air pressure pump. (too risky)

In this video a guy makes a DISPENSER meaning pumping fluid into. What we want to do is make an EXTRACTOR, pump fluid out of. Maybe with few modification, we can do it. I have two of these lying around the house. On the bottom where people give there input, one person say it can be done

They do have 12 volt pump, but I would think they are prone to breakage.

Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12014 posts
4369 upvotes
Winnipeg
MasterMK wrote: I am also think about drill attachment pump to incorporate into my idea somehow. The other idea is to use tire inflator air pressure pump. (too risky)

In this video a guy makes a DISPENSER meaning pumping fluid into. What we want to do is make an EXTRACTOR, pump fluid out of. Maybe with few modification, we can do it. I have two of these lying around the house. On the bottom where people give there input, one person say it can be done

They do have 12 volt pump, but I would think they are prone to breakage.
The problem with drill is arcing. That's why it was discontinued as an option for fuel. Water they have them.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18946 posts
10527 upvotes
Marzipan wrote: Thanks klamyo. Bought one. How can they do it with free shipping from Hong Kong of this bulky item for one USD?
Unfortunately Canada Post has to (due to international treaties) subsidize certain forms of shipping - such as "epacket". This means that this untracked packages ship for extremely low prices. Here's a quick rundown of it:
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report- ... e36883687/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)